Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Kavanaugh Confirmation Circus
Justice Anthony Kennedy Retiring from Supreme Court

Quote:Justice Anthony M. Kennedy announced Wednesday that he is retiring from the Supreme Court, a move that will give President Trump a chance to replace the pivotal justice and solidify a more conservative majority on the court that plays a crucial role in American life.

“It has been the greatest honor and privilege to serve our nation in the federal judiciary for 43 years, 30 of those years on the Supreme Court,” Kennedy, 81, said in a statement released in the afternoon of the last day of the term. He said his final day will be July 31.
Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...ff7da7f716
If it is possible, the Left are even more distraught than ever.
(06-27-2018, 09:08 PM)WmLambert Wrote: If it is possible, the Left are even more distraught than ever.

Hold on to your seats guys. The hysterics are only beginning to warm up. I believe we are going to witness something that has not been seen before, except for perhaps the first 25 years of our new Republic. Politics back then was often deadly. Shock
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
I'm not wanting Trump to nominate either a Conservative or a Liberal,

I'm hoping for a Constitutionalist.

I know, people say I'm a dreamer...

S1
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
President Trump says a strict constitutionalist is what he is looking for--and that Neil Gorsuch is a strict constitutionalist, and that is why he was chosen. Of course, liberals always say that a constitutionalist is a conservative, because liberals want judges to regard the Constitution as something that can be freely changed on the whim of a "progressive" judiciary. The euphemism liberals use is claiming the Constitution should be viewed as a "living" document. They don't think the process of adding amendments is enough to suit their lust to have the law virtually rewritten to suit them whenever they please.
What Mark Levin just said on the Hannity show, was that The Left always describes Originalists as Conservatives, when in fact, fallowing the Constitution is beyond politics. As you all agree, Progressives follow the Wilsonian idea that the Constitution should not be sacrosanct.

Someone needs to call out the media for being an echo chamber for the Left. Not that we don't know they do this, but that they drop the Leftist rant as soon as it is discredited and quickly assume the new Leftist issue without missing a beat. How can they possibly pretend to be journalists?
The late Charles Krauthammer, in writing about last year's Gorsuch confirmation, hit the nail on the head about how Harry Reid managed to cut future Jackasses off at their knees.

Quote:God bless Harry Reid. It’s because of him that Gorsuch "Who-all-is-next" is guaranteed elevation to the Court. In 2013, as then–Senate majority leader, Reid blew up the joint. He abolished the filibuster for federal appointments both executive (such as cabinet) and judicial, for all district- and circuit-court judgeships (excluding only the Supreme Court). Thus unencumbered, the Democratic-controlled Senate packed the lower courts with Obama nominees.

Reid was warned that the day would come when Republicans would be in the majority and would exploit the new rules to equal and opposite effect. That day is here.

The result is striking. Trump’s cabinet appointments are essentially unstoppable because Republicans need only 51 votes and they have 52. They have no need to reach 60, the number required to overcome a filibuster. Democrats are powerless to stop anyone on their own.

And equally powerless to stop Gorsuch "Who-all-is-next". But isn’t the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees still standing? Yes, but if the Democrats dare try it, everyone knows that Majority Leader McConnell will do exactly what Reid did and invoke the nuclear option — filibuster abolition — for the Supreme Court, too.

Yep, G-d Bless Harry Reid, because there is no telling how many more justices The Donald will get to place on the Supreme Court?  S27

This is going to be so much Fun to watch unfold.  I'm simply loving every minute of the Jackass's complete meltdown.  S13

[Image: capitolvolcanokennedy2webcr-6-28-18_orig...C576&ssl=1]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
[Image: sk062918dAPR20180629074506.jpg]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
The desire of Reid to bypass the normal rule of law won't change anything long term. Yesterday it was Obama, today Trump.
[Image: IMG_8229.jpg?w=502]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
[Image: IMG_8232.jpg?resize=600%2C407]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
That is likely to be true! The Democrats have their knives sharpened and ready. Why would anyone vote for such cynical, dishonest villains!
They vote the way they do because they have bought into disinformation. Most of these knife sharpeners believe the nonsense, and are too busy to check into things and find out how wrong they are. Without journalism to get things right, these people have no way to get straight.
Oh My! Stock up on the popcorn and beer. This show looks like it is going to be a Number One event. S3

--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Trump can't get a bad choice through the senate, so the next appointee has to meet the female expectations side of the GOP. Which means he will be good with the current abortion criteria.
Well, now that we have the long anticipated nomination, the Kooks are going Bonkers.   And all sorts of dire predictions and accusations are flying around faster than the speed of sound.  

But here is one that really deserves attention: Report: SCOTUS Nominee Kavanaugh Allegedly Called Hillary ‘B*tch’ 20 Years Ago

Quote:Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh allegedly mouthed the word “bitch” at an image of Hillary Clinton during former President Bill Clinton’s 1997 State of the Union address.
“I saw one of Ken Starr’s deputies, Brett Kavanaugh, who was sitting across from me, mouth the word bitch when the camera panned to Hillary,” Media Matters founder David Brock wrote in his 2002 book Blinded by the Right.

The excerpt from the book was tweeted by Robert Costa, a far-left reporter at the anti-Trump Washington Post.

Kavanugh would have been 32-years-old  at the time, and according to Brock, he was sitting among  friends at State of the Union viewing party held at Laura Ingraham’s town house.

Mouthing expletives at a television image of any politician, including Hillary Clinton, only proves that Kavanaugh is no different from 330 million other Americans.

It should be interesting to watch the establishment media attempt to gain some traction from this, the same establishment media that have now normalized the use of “cockholster” and “feckless cunt” over the last year; a media that have allowed their audiences to boo rape victims; a media that encourages and justified countless acts of violence against Trump supporters.

The other thing the media will never understand is this…

Mouthing “bitch” at an image of Hillary Clinton proves to the American people that Kavanaugh is human, is one of us; it makes him insanely relatable.

This is something the media have never grasped when it came to any public figure, and Trump is an excellent example.

Boy, isn't that the truth.  I suppose the Beast will now be out in public even more in the coming weeks. Perhaps she will be giving the 2020 election another go.  S13

[Image: stg070918dAPR20180708094511.jpg]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
I read an article today by his former Yale law professor. He's a leftist and he said this is the brightest man in the judiciary, bar none.

He said that several SCOTUS cases decided using input Kavanaugh had used previously and he said that's a rare bird that accomplishes that.
However; Strzok says that saying something doesn't prove bias. So what's the problem?
Who isn't biased though? If you were in the FBI, you would be pro Trump.

Now, you're tasked with investigating Trump. Doesn't mean you would not have integrity and find whatever you find would it?

There is no such thing as a non biased human.
(07-15-2018, 08:26 PM)Palladin Wrote: Who isn't biased though? If you were in the FBI, you would be pro Trump.

Now, you're tasked with investigating Trump.  Doesn't mean you would not have integrity and find whatever you find would it?

There is no such thing as a non biased human.

Everybody's biased because that is Natural Selection in action. Like other animals, we resist change because we have this positive thing about passing our genes on to the next generation. That's how Natural Selection works. Organisms hold on to what has worked for them in the past, in order to continue into the future.

Humans are also suspicious of strangers because they have not proven themselves within a group, i.e. selective breeding population. I know this sounds queer, but that is how species maintain success if they want to continue on. Change is resisted, because there is no record/history of success. Therefore we are biased to what got us there in the first place.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ready For 2020 Election Circus John L 25 1,197 05-20-2019, 10:07 PM
Last Post: John L