Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Providing Turbine Electricity to Rural 3rd World Areas
I saw this for the first time yesterday, and it really seems to be one of those simple things that will be able to make a world of difference to 3rd world countries. Its the Turbulent Micro Hydro Power Plant.

Its very simple to set up, and there can be many of them built in one area, for multiple power generators. And depending on the flow, each generator can produce from 1kw to 100kw depending on the rate of flow.

Here's some videos on this.

Install Turbulent Turbine in 1 Week

Turbulent Hydro in 2 Minutes

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have a Gneiss Day!
Looks like a great idea. Is there anyone who might oppose this for any reason?
(02-01-2018, 10:44 PM)Ron Lambert Wrote: Looks like a great idea. Is there anyone who might oppose this for any reason?

I think its safe to say that there will always be some who oppose anything, just to be obstinate.  Spiteful

But it does look like a Win/Win all around.  Oh, and there are other competitors out there with slightly different methods.  I need to post some of them as well.  There's even one that uses Archimedes' Screw to generate power, but I think that one is more for larger applications since it tends to be more complicated.

This screw turbine is really starting to take off in the UK, and now it is beginning to be used here in the US.

[Image: 220px-Turbina_Archimedesa_MEW_Goryn.jpg]

Archimedean Screw Turbines: How it works

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have a Gneiss Day!
Yeah, Greens will say it kills fishes. The truth why they will oppose this is that it's too cheap. They take just 20%. 20% of a small sum is not interesting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-Turbine Wind Generator John L 10 2,060 05-20-2019, 06:44 PM
Last Post: WmLambert