Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visa pushes for a cashless society
I Heard about this first on Fox News Channel:

Quote:Visa is looking to push more small businesses into updating their digital payment technology, offering up to $10,000 each to 50 U.S.-based small business owners that are committed to going cashless.

The program will focus on restaurants and food establishments, Visa said Wednesday, with the expectation that Visa will expand the program in the coming months and years to other industries and possibly other countries as well.
Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory...s-48586656

If this turns out to be the wave of the future, what will become of people with bad credit, who cannot get credit cards? And how easy would it then become to boycott people for not towing some approved line, as predicted in Revelation 13:17?
It's already largely a cashless society with our debit and credit card usage. I rarely have cash myself.
I 'm a holdout, I only use a credit card for gas purchases.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
One commentator on FNC cited the statistic that 37% of all sales in our society are cash. He speculated that credit card companies like VISA are trying to pick up as much of that business as they can. The problem as I see it is requiring that payments must be made by credit card, and refusing to accept cash. It is hard to imagine that retailers would not be willing to accept cash, at least on the quiet. But if the policy catches on, it could become more difficult (though not impossible) to get by if you don't have an approved credit card. And at some point, of course, you do have to pay your credit card bills, presumably by check or online from your bank account.
The way the banks operate right now, businesses prefer cash. Cause they don't have to send a % back to the banks for processing the card business.