Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airline Industry Its Own Worst Enemy!
Tongue 
This United Airlines debacle is getting crazier by the day.   Shock

Quote:United Airlines says controversial flight was not overbooked; CEO apologizes again

The CEO of United Airlines apologized again Tuesday amid a global uproar sparked when a passenger was dragged screaming from his seat on a flight that, it turns out, wasn't even overbooked.

"I continue to be disturbed by what happened on this flight, and I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard," CEO Oscar Munoz said in a statement. "No one should ever be mistreated this way."

United has been under siege since videos of Sunday night's violent confrontation on the plane at Chicago's O'Hare Airport went viral, drawing hundreds of millions of views around the world. Social media outrage rained down on the Chicago-based airline.

United spokesman Jonathan Guerin said Tuesday that all 70 seats on United Express Flight 3411 were filled, but the plane was not overbooked as the airline previously reported. Instead, United and regional affiliate Republic Airlines, which operated the flight, selected four passengers to be removed to accommodate crew members needed in Louisville the next day. The passengers were selected based on a combination of criteria spelled out in United’s contract of carriage, including frequent-flier status, fare type, check-in time and connecting flight implications, among others, according to United.

Man forcibly removed from plane because flight was overbooked

Man forcibly removed from United Airlines flight

And as usual, the Daily Mail has all of the inside scoop.  It also has a second passenger's video of the altercation.   And they make it clear that the good doc is now all lawyered up, for an action which will cost United tons of money.  My guess is that his, and his lawyer's, awards will be chicken feed, compared to the terrible PR, and drop in stock value.   S13

Holy Sh-t!  Doh
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Oh, I almost forgot.  Here is Southwest, letting others know that they take customer service very seriously.  S13

Click to enlarge

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
United Airlines: Fly the Friendly Skies

--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Those nuts might actually go out of business over this one.
(04-14-2017, 12:53 PM)Palladin Wrote: Those nuts might actually go out of business over this one.

If not, they will certainly be greatly chastened as a result.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=715]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Wow, check THIS out. That guy is fixing to be wealthy and UA is in dead serious trouble:

https://www.inc.com/cynthia-than/the-con...tters.html
(04-14-2017, 02:17 PM)Palladin Wrote: Wow, check THIS out. That guy is fixing to be wealthy and UA is in dead serious trouble:

https://www.inc.com/cynthia-than/the-con...tters.html

Yep, Deep Kimchi, they are.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
I wish a bunch of agents would beat my ass and drag me around like for the payoff. I bet they offer him $10 million to go away.
This fellow, over at PJ Media has a great suggestion that could have helped United into an unqualified Win/Win situation with regards to overbooking. S1

This One Easy Trick Could Have Saved United Airlines Lots of Money

Its a short article and well worth the time reading. S22
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
[Image: 81_19411320170411065314.jpg]

[Image: mle170411cd20170411042619.jpg]

[Image: tmdsu17041120170412115753.jpg]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
[Image: 99dgkTs.gif]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Poor United, it just can't seem to get ahead, can it? Spiteful

Father, Daughter Taken Off Plane on Suspicion of Child Trafficking

Quote:This was no doubt traumatic for the whole family (and this was a United flight, which does not help that company's image), but this isn't exactly new. These incidents seem to be happening with frightening regularity.

Child trafficking is as evil as it gets. However, in a world with so many deadbeat dads who don't care about their children at all, can't we have a protocol that doesn't encourage suspicion of all fathers when the mother isn't there?

There has to be a balance, or else no man is going to be willing to go anywhere with his kids.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Oh No, now its about the four-legged children.

NBC analyst appears irked about bowtie-wearing dog on Delta flight

Quote:NBC political analyst Mark Halperin appeared to be angry about sitting beside a bowtie-wearing dog during a Delta Airlines flight on Friday.
If you click on the picture, you can see the responses to his comment. S13

It seems logical to me, that this was a 'service dog' that is legally allowed on flights, because of what they are trained to do.  American had this same situation, kicking the dog and family off, and had to later apologize.  The son suffered from epilepsy, and the dog was trained to counter the seizures.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Service dog is one thing - but a person's allergies to some dogs is also valid. Some relocation may be required - but not to separate the service dog from hiis person. Some allergies are so severe that life may be threatened with a dog on board - so much care must be taken to alleviate conflicts.
(04-23-2017, 11:15 AM)WmLambert Wrote: Service dog is one thing - but a person's allergies to some dogs is also valid. Some relocation may be required - but not to separate the service dog from hiis person. Some allergies are so severe that life may be threatened with a dog on board - so much care must be taken to alleviate conflicts.

Interesting. I wonder how they manage to bypass all the pollen, exhaust fumes and other things that hang in the air?
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
And here's even More trouble for United Airlines and its already damaged reputation.

Watch: Elderly man brutalized by a United employee. The shocking incident was caught on tape.

United employee shoves elderly man

--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Air Canada has decided to join the "Me Too" crowd. S13

Toddler Forced to Wet Herself After Airline Refuses Access to Bathroom

I wonder if any airlines have begun to hire employees based on their ability to use common sense? It could save them an awful lot of terrible PR, AND litigation expenses. I wonder how much they had to pay this grandmother for her trouble?
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
They're protected by the US government. Pure and simple.

That's what regulation ends up like in a nation that worships cash like we do. They end up protecting the industries.
Delta has really "Pocked" up again. This time they booted Ann Coulter from her previously booked seat. She is one unhappy camper, tweeting up to sixteen tweets to show her disgust. S13

Ann Coulter obliterates Delta Airlines in viral tweet-storm after being booted from seat

Quote:Coulter continued her rant well into Sunday by bashing Delta flight attendants and gate agents as “Nurse Ratchets.” She also quipped that Delta’s motto is: “How can we make your flight more uncomfortable?” She later said Sunday that she wished robots would replace Delta’s flight crew and gate agents.

Delta, for their part, responded to Coulter’s complaints just like they would any other person — by asking her to direct message their official Twitter account with her flight information.

Though she accomplished what she wanted by publicly airing her displeasure with Delta, Coulter was specifically rebuked for tweeting the picture of the woman who was placed in her seat. Many accused Coulter of being angry because a “brown woman” was put in her pre-booked seat, though the race of the woman who was given Coulter’s seat is not clear.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
About the Ann Coulter 'booting' from her extra legroom seat, she has gotten evidence, from another airline attendant, that her removal was done on purpose,..........because she is Ann Coulter.  Spiteful

BUSTED! Flight Attendant Group Reveals Ann Coulter Was ‘Targeted On Purpose’ In Seat Fiasco

Quote:Many have speculated Coulter’s purchase was not honored by Delta Airlines due to her politics. Today, the conservative star tweeted out a text from a flight attendant, confirming that Ann Coulter was targeted on purpose by a group of Delta flight attendants.

Not sure if you all can read this but to the best of my ability, it says:

Questioner: .....at the Delta desk saw Ann's name and picked her on purpose?  Is there a randomizer when it comes to these situations?

Attenndat: No, somebody noticed her, and just wanted to be a jerk, and make her life miserable.

Questioner: That's what I figured.

Attendant:  Yeah, I said that on several secret FB(could be "FA" for Flight Attendant) groups on (XXX Airline) employees.  They were all hating on Ann, and when I defended her, we went back and forth, and at the end, they acknowledged that it was a Delta employee who targeted Ann on purpose.

I'm not the biggest fan of Coulter, but if I was in her shoes, I'd keep up the fire until Delta conceded that they were responsible for what happened and make restitution to her.  I'd keep giving them hell until they finally realized that they were losing customers as a result.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---