Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Derangement Syndrome
This thread probably needs to be in Science Section, since it is clearly a plague of sorts. And I may do that eventually. However, until then............. S13

Roger L. Simon, who I consider one of the more level-headed libertarian/C.Liberal pundits out there, has this to say about this latest affliction which is putting the US in such turmoil, has this to to say about it all. Its a Great Read, and so spot on. S22

Trump Derangement Syndrome Has Become the New Plague
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hillary Clinton Is Like Herpes, "She Wont Go Away" - Anna Paulina
I agree with the idea of TDS as a plague, but let me come at it in another way, breaking it down into understandable chunks.

In my book on coaching, I wrote, "Players face four kinds of pressure. The first is the pressure they bring to the game themselves: wanting to do the right thing for their team at the proper time. The second is the pressure that teammates put on them. The third is family pressure. The last is the pressure put on players by the coach."

With TDS, the "game" is the public stage. All these miserable actors and media types are fighting for personal glory with their team. They see Trump-haters as their base, so fight to be a part of it. The teammates aspect is, of course, every other actor and media-type playing on the same stage. They reinforce one another, and the more ridiculous one acts, the more influence is there for others to act just as ridiculous. Family pressure can be expanded to mean all the close-in colleagues and friends who add to the disease.

The saving grace can only come through the coaching pressure. The coach must represent an authority over and above the personal, peer, and family. It's hard to buck all the input driving each miscreant, but that is exactly what must happen. In my book, I wrote" "Coach-related pressure should be the simplest stress to ease. Many people cringe when they hear the term “positive coaching,” thinking it means over-permissiveness, or some sort of “namby-pamby” behavior. But this is a misconception. For centuries, Olympic trainers, coaches, and athletes have used the principles of positive coaching, without any “twenty-first-century psychological mumbo-jumbo” or any extensive book-learning. It has been used simply because it works the best. Positive coaching takes the stress out of encounters between coaches and young athletes by building on something positive, rather than harping on negatives.

To be positive means to turn a bad experience into a learning one. If a weak player took a shot, but missed the net completely, a poor coach may rant and rave, and tell the player what a missed opportunity it was. A more farsighted coach should realize the player took the chance when it was available, instead of passing the ball and the responsibility off to any other teammate. This coach will shout encouragement: “Good idea!” After the player is apart from other teammates, the positive coach will try to rebuild confidence and offer possible alternatives, or whatever improvement may help. It is not a good idea to openly criticize a player in front of an audience. Save the audience for praising."

Using this imperative, we don't insult and attack the miscreant, but bring positive views to make them better. An easy method to best motivate a player when criticism is necessary, is called the “Sandwich Technique.” This was popularized by the sports psychologist, Dr. Thomas Tutko, and picked up and passed on by the Sports Institute, where it is called the “Big Mac Method;” and also used by others and called anything that makes sense, like “Salt-pepper-salt.”

This technique surrounds a negative with two positives: Little Christopher just blew a good scoring chance with a poor centering pass. First, restore confidence with praise, “Great run up the line, Chris. That extra work you’ve been putting in at practice is really helping.” (Compliment. Now give the constructive criticism.) “You should try to stop ball-watching as you run with the ball, though. Then you can see your teammates better and will know where to pass.” (Okay, he knows he did something wrong without you dwelling on it. Now get him back into a positive state of mind, so he can work to improve it.) “The increase in vision will make you an even better winger than you are now. With the kind of effort you’re putting in at practice, it should be a snap. Good work. Keep it up!”

The Sandwich Technique is most effective with very sensitive players who find it difficult to accept any suggestions from the coach - so it is ideal for dealing with the Johnny Depps or Rachal Maddows.

I went on to explain, "There are times when a coach can properly get angry and let his anger show. This may be the case when a player consistently breaks a rule; or if he is harming himself, the team, or his fellow players through lack of effort. In this case, anger is a show of concern, but should be tempered by knowledge of the athlete.

Getting upset with a player because he doesn’t understand what’s expected of him, because he lacks intelligence, or because he is confused or frightened usually has a negative effect on the player, his performance, and his relationship with the coach. It has nothing to do with “We’re here for the kids!” It only succeeds in allowing the coach to vent his spleen.

Negative anger attacks a player as a no-good, worthless, incapable person. It is destructive, and accomplishes nothing except as an emotional release for the coach.

Positive anger expresses unhappiness with performance, not the player. (“You’re the best stopperback in the league. What’s wrong? This isn’t like you!”)
Sarcasm is terribly destructive when directed at suspicious, withdrawn individuals. But it sometimes can be used on self-confident players who enjoy a little humorous banter.

Positive coaching will do much to remove any coaching-induced pressure on players, and help them to evolve as team players, and hopefully, become excellent adults. The years a young athlete spends in sports should be fun time, with growth happening in both mind and body. Like it or not, a coach has a tremendous impact on a player’s life. Take the time to remember why you are coaching, and the task will have sufficient rewards."

See the direction I'm going? Knowing the reinforcement from other TDS disease carriers, the only way to positively affect the patients is by helping them see the light. There are no sudden victories or reversals here, just a need for strength and perseverance. Getting the word out cuts off the support system that enables them. Getting fake news straightened out denies them simple reinforcement. It's not much, but it's the only plan that works.
It's no different than the previous 3 incarnations of this phenomenon. It started with Clinton. The society has changed.
Most excellent article by Anne Coulter on the Left's penchant  to murder and kill. Here.
Quote:...Liberals know damn well that their audience includes a not-insignificant portion of foaming-at-the-mouth lunatics, prepared, at the slightest provocation, to smash windows, burn down neighborhoods, physically attack and even murder conservatives. But instead of toning down the rhetoric, the respectable left keeps throwing matches on the bone-dry tinder, and then indignantly asks, "Are you saying conservatives don't do it, too?"

No, actually. We don't.

Anti-Trump hate map
What conservatives have done is turn our violent impulses towards blacks, Jews and Catholics historically(not just down south) .
Liberals seem violent within the family based on ideology. Cons based on religion and race.

Both seem to be into making war on people who do not threaten us overseas.

I see no angels where there are none.

Coulter is dead wrong, she and cons just haven't urged violence based on ideology inside the nation is all. At least not outside the sovereign citizen, posse comitatus and KKK groups.
(06-29-2017, 06:00 PM)Palladin Wrote: What conservatives have done is turn our violent impulses towards blacks, Jews and Catholics historically(not just down south) .
Liberals seem violent within the family based on ideology. Cons based on religion and race.

Both seem to be into making war on people who do not threaten us overseas.

I see no angels where there are none.

Coulter is dead wrong, she and cons just haven't urged violence based on ideology inside the nation is all. At least not outside the sovereign citizen, posse comitatus and KKK groups.

Patrick, get your act together.  Those are NOT liberals.  They are Progressives.  I am a Liberal in the true sense of the word.  How many times must I drum this in?  

And EVERYONE is conservative by nature. Everyone who is not in the morgue, or on the way there.  Its in our genes.  We typically resist change.  If you want to use the correct title, call them "Reactionaries".  

Jesus!  Just because others act like illiterate morons doesn't mean you have to follow suit.   Gah
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
(06-29-2017, 06:00 PM)Palladin Wrote: What conservatives have done is turn our violent impulses towards blacks, Jews and Catholics historically (not just down south) .
Liberals seem violent within the family based on ideology. Cons based on religion and race...

Aside from calling Progressives Liberals, you are way off-base.

It has always been the Conservative Right who supported minorities and fought against bias and bigotry. Forget the idea that there was a Nixonian "Southern Strategy" that targeted Blacks for political spoils. Never happened.

It has always been the Left who targeted Minorities and blacks. They were there arguing for Eugenics and for culling the population to get rid of Blacks and the poor.
Quote:their innate superiority over the intellectually turgid who can't handle knowledge even when it is spoon-fed them in Liberal schools.

..."all schools should be closed at once. The great mass of humanity should never learn to read and write."

..."about 95.5 percent of the entire population of the planet are stupid and philistine."

...Wells fought for an atheist world government, because he said all wars are caused by popular patriotism and religious belief. His burning anti-Semistism was so pronounced that Eleanor Roosevelt asked Wells to leave the country. Shaw joins Wells in the idea that global domination must be brought about by genocide. In a time before Hitler, they wanted the mentally and physically unfit to be exterminated. According to Wells, "the swarms of black, brown, dirty-white, and yellow people in Africa and Asia will have to go."

...If we desire a certain type of civilization and culture, we must exterminate the sort of people who do not fit into it."

...Modern studies indicate that insanity, epilepsy, criminality, prostitution, pauperism, and mental defect, are all organically bound up together and that the least intelligent and the thoroughly degenerate classes in every community are the most prolific. Feeble-mindedness in one generation becomes pauperism or insanity in the next. There is every indication that feeble-mindedness in its protean forms is on the increase, that it has leaped the barriers, and that there is truly, as some of the scientific eugenists have pointed out, a feeble-minded peril to future generations - unless the feeble-minded are prevented from reproducing their kind. To meet this emergency is the immediate and peremptory duty of every State and of all communities.

These ideas are what inspired the Klu Klux Klan to become the military arm of the Democrat Party.

Martin Luther King, Jr., was a Republican - as were all the Civil Rights workers murdered down South. In the 60's they tried to claim that the GOP became Dems and the Dems became GOP - Didn't happen.

Nowadays, all the extremist radicals rioting and killing people are Leftists - not the Right.
John,

I'm using the typical words used in the nation right now to describe the ideological divide. In this culture, you're a conservative, Hillary is a liberal. That's the lexicon to describe everyone.

I know what you mean by classical liberal and agree that's what you are( I am as well). I get the progressive thing and they like that word, but, liberal is the dominant descriptor in our lexicon nationally.

In our culture, cons have directed violence towards opposing races and religions mainly( I failed to mention gays, my own dad beat up one during WWII according to my mom). Leftist violence is towards ideological foes, both sides have enough dirt on us such that I won't take part in the "leftists are violent" finger pointing.

Anyone who says reactionary cons have not been into violence are not in the know or they are not thinking. Our history is replete with reactionary violence towards blacks, Jews, gays and Catholics and it's easy to find evidence of it.

You don't need to see it firsthand or know Klan members like I did back in the 1970s. I've personally had a cop tell me he enjoyed beating up niggers. Used the ole N word with enjoyment.
(06-30-2017, 08:43 AM)Palladin Wrote: John,

I'm using the typical words used in the nation right now to describe the ideological divide. In this culture, you're a conservative, Hillary is a liberal. That's the lexicon to describe everyone.

I know what you mean by classical liberal and agree that's what you are( I am as well). I get the progressive thing and they like that word, but, liberal is the dominant descriptor in our lexicon nationally.

In our culture, cons have directed violence towards opposing races and religions mainly( I failed to mention gays, my own dad beat up one during WWII according to my mom). Leftist violence is towards ideological foes, both sides have enough dirt on us such that I won't take part in the "leftists are violent" finger pointing.

Anyone who says reactionary cons have not been into violence are not in the know or they are not thinking. Our history is replete with reactionary violence towards blacks, Jews, gays and Catholics and it's easy to find evidence of it.

You don't need to see it firsthand or know Klan members like I did back in the 1970s.  I've personally had a cop tell me he enjoyed beating up niggers.  Used the ole N word with enjoyment.

Patrick, I don't give a Damn what other places are saying. If you want to throw words around over there, help yourself. But while you are here, I expect accuracy in posts. And all that Crap that keeps being spewed out elsewhere is not going to pass muster here. If you can't learn to improve yourself, then you're in the wrong place.
Well, other than my flaws describing the ideological divide in the nation, do you agree both sides have had their fair share of violence, just directed at different objects?

Here's some of Trump's own derangement, does he have this authority already??

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/201...trade-war/
(06-30-2017, 10:32 AM)Palladin Wrote: Well, other than my flaws describing the ideological divide in the nation, do you agree both sides have had their fair share of violence, just directed at different objects?

No.  Most people on the Individualist Right are far more mature and logical.  The Progressive Left is made up of physical adults, but housing adolescent minds.  And like children they act that way, violence being one of their favorite tactics.  The Left is far more Loud, rude, illogical, and yes violent.  If you don't believe this, then your thought process is suspect as well.

(06-30-2017, 10:32 AM)Palladin Wrote: Here's some of Trump's own derangement, does he have this authority already??

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/201...trade-war/

I've been keeping a very close eye on this since he started spouting all this Protectionist malarkey, hoping he would just be giving lip service to the Trade War Wackos. If he starts this going, I will be among the first to raise holy hell with him.
So, the Klan, anti Catholic, anti semitic, anti black, anti gay persecution in our nation's history, in your opinion, were motivated and accomplished largely by "progressives"?

On to more Trump stuff, if this idiot doesn't wise up, the congress is going to impeach him. It cannot happen soon enough from my perspective:

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2017/0...er-threat/
(06-30-2017, 11:59 AM)Palladin Wrote: So, the Klan, anti Catholic, anti semitic, anti black, anti gay persecution in our nation's history, in your opinion, were motivated and accomplished largely by "progressives"?

Patrick, I cannot count the endless hours I have spent recording and cataloging the truth about "Left" and "Right", which originated following the French Revolution, where radicals sat on the left side of the council chamber and conservatives/reactionaries set on the right side.  And I have shown that while the Euros continue to use this definition of "Left" and "Right", it is no longer up to date and why in the US we use "Collectivism" as Left Wing and "Individualism" as Right Wing.  I have many, many articles and videos right here, and right here.  You even posted on the first link with "Its the sun Stupid!", so I know you have been there.  

And yet you haven't even bothered to read, or watch, any of the videos posted there.  Either that, or your memory is defunct.  I'm so frustrated over your lack of knowledge base, and having tried to help others understand these things, that I am practically driven to tears over the supreme frustration you keep causing me.  You don't seem to care one bit about learning facts, or understanding why things happen.  I'm about to throw up my hands and just totally ignore your posts.  

I've had this very video posted on my signature, For YEARS.  And you never even bothered watching it, did you?  You never bothered opening your mouth, and letting me even spoon fed your brain.

The Political Spectrum Easily Explained - Basic Forms of Government

And your post above is just so frustrating, because you fail to understand that it is Reactionaries, and Progressives, who are doing this.  Individualists, such as myself, even you, don't fit in the mix.  But you don't even see it.  I need a vacation from this Fucking hellhole.  I've gotten to where I cannot stand the place, and I feel enslaved by it.   Gah
One of the reasons why I follow Ben Shapiro is that I agree with his way of mentally processing things. He tends to be very level-headed and honest. So I have been following his weekly grading of Trump. Some weeks he gives him a high grade, and others not so well. But he uses reason and common sense in his evaluations.

Here is this week's score. Grading Trump, Week 23.

Quote:As always, we break Trump’s week down along three lines: rhetoric, policy, and the in-between.

Rhetoric: It’s been Trump’s worst week on rhetoric in a month. His bizarre attacks on Mika Brzezinski handed his opposition such a distraction that even Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham condemned them. His attack on Amazon.com was also a silly note. His constant diet of media criticism started off as sweet nectar for conservatives, but quickly went sour. Instead of being able to champion all of his various policy wins this week, Trump fell into the trap of thin-skinned personal insults. It’s not helping him.

Policy: On policy, the week started off well for Trump, with the Supreme Court reinstating his travel ban, and Judge Neil Gorsuch making his long-awaited debut, showing himself to be an excellent pick by Trump. House Republicans also passed bills cracking down on illegal immigration. But the week was dominated by Trump’s media foibles and the Senate health care bill stalling out. A CBO report showed savings for the government, but handed Democrats headlines about people losing their health care.

The In-Between: Trump is now making noises about serious tariffs on foreign goods, a disastrous policy that would have dire implications for the economy. He is threatening action in both Syria and North Korea, but we have yet to see what sort of action is actually forthcoming. Today, Trump finally suggested that Republicans repeal Obamacare and then worry about replacing it, which is useful.

Overall, this could have been an A week for Trump. Because he sullied it with character-driven stupidity, and because his lack of leadership on health care has led Republicans to an impasse, he scores low.

Final grade: D

Cumulative GPA: C (1.925)

Four-Week Running Average: C (2.0)

Does anyone have any disagreement with Shapiro's assessment?
I agree with it.

Trump's flaws are so powerful that they are depressing any good his policy ideas may have. The flaws may also be inhibiting the bad ideas he has, such as the trade war ideas he's having.
Well, the Trump order to check into voter fraud is running into good ole states rights people. I wish we saw more of this. He may as well lay off the guy running this losing show:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/us/po...-data.html
Since there has been confusion concerning the issue of Left violence vs Right violence, I am offering a detailed listing that shows the Left's violent words and actions since The Donald was elected president.

A Definitive Guide to the Left’s Violent Tactics Since Trump’s Election

I did a Google search for violence from the Right, and all of the hits coming back were about the Left and their violent acts. Perhaps someone can help me out here, because I am confused about all this. Aww
Do a search for righty violence against Jews, blacks, gays and Catholics. We don't kill ideological foes like lefties.

No, there is no confusion, just some people can't face America's reality is all.

BTW, Trump is not just a cad, he is so ignorant of the nation he is POTUS of it's astonishing. Look at his response to these states telling him to stuff it:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/01/politics/t...index.html
(07-01-2017, 01:15 PM)Palladin Wrote: Do a search for righty violence against Jews, blacks, gays and Catholics. We don't kill ideological foes like lefties.

No, there is no confusion, just some people can't face America's reality is all.

BTW, Trump is not just a cad, he is so ignorant of the nation he is POTUS of it's astonishing. Look at his response to these states telling him to stuff it:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/01/politics/t...index.html

You didn't bother reading my post above DID YOU!!!  You don't ever bothering to read carefully anything I post, DO YOU!!  ON MORE TIME,  THOSE ARE NOT RIGHTIES YOU NUMBSKULL.  THEY ARE REACTIONARIES!.  I am a Righty and anyone of the Libertarian or Classic Liberal mindset are Righties.   WE ARE THE OPPOSITE OF COLLECTIVISTS!  Jesus, where is your Head Patrick!!  G-d Dammit!!   Gah

NOW, YOU DO THE SEARCH AND THEN BRING IT BACK HERE, IN ORDER TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE REALLY TAKING THE TIME TO READ SOMETHING.
Those particular reactionaries are conservative in our culture, John. Not intellectual, just conservative, they like things the way they were. The worst of the Hillbillies.

I am one as you know, but, I've learned that God loves other people as much as me. Most of them haven't or just do not give a damn or have pretty much lost faith in God.

None of the people that persecuted that list of people would vote for Obama or Hillary, every last one would vote for Trump.

They're too ignorant to think about why lower taxes would increase jobs and revenue or why we might need to re-examine some of the drug war or other intellectual pursuits you associate with progressive or classical liberal.

You're discussing intellectual ideology, I'm discussing a subset of people in this nation on the right side who are losing their way rapidly. They're also rapidly committing suicide and are very drug addicted. Go read "Hillbilly Elegy" to understand.

This is a blurb. These are not lefties by any stretch of the imagination and like the author says, they've gone from 95% democrat to 95% GOP in 1 generation. This is a very good book.

This is my culture, but, I was very fortunate to have the father I had. Mom's side was hard core hillbilly, my father's parents were a higher culture bunch that appreciated education, his brother graduated college around 1934, very rare for a southern boy. Pharmacist in the little town where Jack Daniels is made.

The main problem? Same as black people. Both groups suffer from believing there is no hope for them. It leads to terrible life decisions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/books...trump.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama Derangement Syndrome:My fellow right-wingers calm down Ahkenaten 22 2,783 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Last Post: WmLambert