Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexandria Shooting of Congressman Steve Scalise
Something has happened to the Alexandria shooting threat that I had split from another thread yesterday. Last I remember, it was still there, but a little earlier I went to post on it and couldn't find it. Ron PM'd me, asking the same thing. Since then, I have gone to every section and checked to see if it was on one of them, but no luck. The only thing I can think to do is begin one again.
-----------------------------------

GOP House Whip Steve Scalise remains in critical condition after shooting at baseball practice

Graphic video of Virginia shooting at GOP baseball practice emerges
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710
Here is what I was going to post.

Alexandria gunman carried list of names of members of Congress
Quote:The suspect in the shooting at the congressional baseball practice earlier this week had a list including the names of some members of Congress on him, CBS News has confirmed.

A U.S. official told CBS News that James Hodgkinson, the Alexandria shooter, had a list of names including GOP Reps. Mo Brooks of Alabama, Jeff Duncan of South Carolina, and Trent Franks of Arizona. Duncan and Brooks were at the Alexandria, Virginia, field where GOP members of Congress were practicing for a congressional baseball game Wednesday, although Duncan left before the shooting began. The Daily Caller first reported that Hodgkinson had a note listing members of Congress on his person.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
This certainly proves premeditation. It was not just a spontaneous opportunistic act--especially since the shooter had been camped out at the location for weeks.
That list does mean if William is right, he was only partially right. The guy definitely wanted to murder tea party members. He may also have been interested in suicide.

When your mind gets to the point where murder is a very real option, it often seems suicide is also a very real option. Lots of murder suicides, had it happen in OR 3 nights ago.
The Truth About the Shooting of Congressman Scalise
That Loretta Lynch frame is a perfect example of fake news. The lady was discussing the violence civil rights workers suffered in the 1960s. He made it appear she was advocating violence.

This guy is as bad as infowars or any leftist fake news is. He takes legit data, works in nonsense and has you believing it's all truth. The lefty believes 100% of their side.

You're smarter than this John. Pay closer attention. This is how the devil operates.

Now, consider who our POTUS is:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/06/16/ke...ce-result/
That HotAir link is off. All Trump's attacks were reaction to an attack on him. None was his originating warfare. As always, its the guy who retaliates who gets the spotlight. ...But as for who caused the conflict?
Trump denigrates fellow human beings quicker than anyone I've ever encountered just for disagreeing with him.

In all my 62.5 years, I have yet to read of a man who demeans heartbroken or helpless people like that man. That's how I see him and you see him as an honorable leader. Let's leave it there.

So, what do you think of the man in John's video trying to sneak in the former AGs comments about civil right's workers suffering as if she was calling for violence? Think he's a fake news purveyor? Want to let John know you think so?

tell ole John he's pushing fake news from the UK.
Democrats calling for violence against Republicans isn't anything particularly new.  The double standard involved, particularly when it involves elected or high ranking officials and is particularly infuriating.  A Conservative politician calling for a Democrat to be shot would be soundly thrashed.  Democrats, on the other hand are constantly calling for beating, shooting and extermination of their rivals.  ... so which is supposed to really be the party of hate?

[Image: Left-incitement.jpeg?w=600]
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
My view is both are largely.

The case you made that leftists have advocated more violence against US based ideological foes may be sound, but, it's a very recent phenom. Never heard of it until the last few years.

There is plenty of hatred on the right, but, I can't say I've read outright calls for violence against US ideological foes.

I think the level of contempt both ways is fairly strong and when you hold someone in contempt, violence is the next step.

Trump isn't a GOP person, but, he definitely holds lots of people in contempt and the GOP with minor exceptions is carrying water for the guy, so they're kind of getting that sh.it on them. He is not helping the culture, that's for sure. Neither are those who hate him or the right.
(06-18-2017, 02:21 PM)Palladin Wrote: ...The case you made that leftists have advocated more violence against US based ideological foes may be sound, but, it's a very recent phenom. Never heard of it until the last few years.

Then you just haven't been aware of it. One of the biggest attack strategies of the Left has been documented since before Reagan. It is just easier to do with the internet. They used to write bogus letters to the editor of newspapers claiming to be caricatured Conservatives who thought like David Duke or Nazis. Almost all were exposed as Left-wingers posing as Right-wingers to create an issue to rail against. Tom Leykas, a Star radio personality of the Left used that strategy all the time. He would have call-in audience members acting like conservatives, but who were really Leftists playing the disinformation game. Back in the 90's, if you heard a moronic conservative on the radio - dollars to doughnuts it was a spoof. As I was still producing film and animation and knew my way around an editing suite, I heard his radio show and recognized what he was doing. At that time he was a flaming Leftist and loved to bait the conservatives in his audience.

Leykis produced his own show - he bragged about it - which means he controlled the sliders on the board and potted up the volume of the Leftist caller's side of an confrontation and potted down the conservative caller's side. This allowed his fellow Leftists to speak normally and sound sane. The other side needed to raise their voices to an uncomfortable level which made them sound unbalanced. There have always been many, many tricks that the Left uses.

Go back and look at all the vote-scam data (if it hasn't all been deleted by Leftists IT geeks). Election after election, it was the Left who lied and connived to steal votes, destroy property, and steal yard signs - yet they sicced attorneys on the Right and claimed they were doing the fell deeds. Problem was, it was always the Left who were proved to have done the scamming - and trying to pin a projected strategy on the innocent right.
Sorry William.

Violence against ideological opponents in this nation's history including right now is no worse than it was in 1790. No one knew what "leftist" ideology was in 1790. There were physical fights in congress, John Randolph had one.

I am as aware as you of the 60s weather underground and SDS. I agree leftists have been more directly violent, but, in these cases it was not against ideological foes, it was against the structure of society.

On the right, you had the conservative racial/religious misogynists of the USA intimidating, persecuting and murdering Jews, Catholics and black people and not only in the south. I was stunned at the lynching up your way. The south did not corner the market on hatred and violence directed at these groups.

Back to violence against ideological foes. It is exceptionally rare in our history.

We have the nuts on the right like "Elohim city" that helped spawn the Oklahoma City bombing or "posse comitatus" and it's various branches that are into violence against the state or ideological foes. They could easily convert to murdering specific political opponents like the guy did Scalise.

On the left, we have the antifa group acting intimidating methods right now. This specific man does not represent a group that I am aware of.
(06-18-2017, 02:21 PM)Palladin Wrote: My view is both are largely.

The case you made that leftists have advocated more violence against US based ideological foes may be sound, but, it's a very recent phenom. Never heard of it until the last few years.

You have got to be kidding ... right?  

Quote:We have been through this before. “During an eighteen-month period in 1971 and 1972, the FBI reported more than 2,500 bombings on U.S. soil, nearly five a day.” So notes Bryan Burrough in his 2015 book Days of Rage: America’s Radical Underground, the FBI, and the Forgotten Age of Revolutionary Violence, which chronicles the 15-year reign of terror, idealism, and ineptitude of radical left-wing groups such as the Weather Underground, the Black and Symbionese Liberation Armies, and others that began in July 1969 with a bomb in Manhattan and ended in April 1985 with the arrest of the last members of the United Freedom Front in Norfolk, Va. Writes Burrough: “Radical violence was so deeply woven into the fabric of 1970s America that many citizens, especially in New York and other hard-hit cities, accepted it as part of daily life.” When a bomb exploded at a Bronx movie theater on May 1, 1970, police tried to clear the building, but patrons refused to leave, demanding to see the rest of their film. Sophisticated justifications for violence were part and parcel of this fever. Leftist radicals were immersed in revolutionary literature — Lenin, Mao, Che Guevara, Malcolm X’s Autobiography — and those texts were candid. In 1963, Frantz Fanon published The Wretched of the Earth, the first sentence of which read: “National liberation, national reawakening, restoration of the nation to the people or Commonwealth, whatever the name used, whatever the latest expression, decolonization is always a violent event.” He continued, inverting Christian teaching: In its bare reality, decolonization reeks of red-hot cannonballs and bloody knives. For the last can be the first only after a murderous and decisive confrontation between the two protagonists. This determination to have the last move up to the front, to have them clamber up (too quickly, say some) the famous echelons of an organized society, can only succeed by resorting to every means, including, of course, violence. The preface to the original edition of The Wretched of the Earth was written by French philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre, who was even more bullish about violence: “To shoot down a European is to kill two birds with one stone,” Sartre suggested. “There remain a dead man and a free man.”
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
(06-19-2017, 08:42 PM)mr_yak Wrote:
Quote:...We have been through this before. “During an eighteen-month period in 1971 and 1972, the FBI reported more than 2,500 bombings on U.S. soil, nearly five a day.” So notes Bryan Burrough in his 2015 book Days of Rage: America’s Radical Underground, the FBI, and the Forgotten Age of Revolutionary Violence, which chronicles the 15-year reign of terror, idealism, and ineptitude of radical left-wing groups such as the Weather Underground, the Black and Symbionese Liberation Armies, and others that began in July 1969 with a bomb in Manhattan and ended in April 1985 with the arrest of the last members of the United Freedom Front in Norfolk, Va. Writes Burrough: “Radical violence was so deeply woven into the fabric of 1970s America that many citizens, especially in New York and other hard-hit cities, accepted it as part of daily life.” When a bomb exploded at a Bronx movie theater on May 1, 1970, police tried to clear the building, but patrons refused to leave, demanding to see the rest of their film. Sophisticated justifications for violence were part and parcel of this fever. Leftist radicals were immersed in revolutionary literature — Lenin, Mao, Che Guevara, Malcolm X’s Autobiography — and those texts were candid. In 1963, Frantz Fanon published The Wretched of the Earth, the first sentence of which read: “National liberation, national reawakening, restoration of the nation to the people or Commonwealth, whatever the name used, whatever the latest expression, decolonization is always a violent event.” He continued, inverting Christian teaching: In its bare reality, decolonization reeks of red-hot cannonballs and bloody knives. For the last can be the first only after a murderous and decisive confrontation between the two protagonists. This determination to have the last move up to the front, to have them clamber up (too quickly, say some) the famous echelons of an organized society, can only succeed by resorting to every means, including, of course, violence. The preface to the original edition of The Wretched of the Earth was written by French philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre, who was even more bullish about violence: “To shoot down a European is to kill two birds with one stone,” Sartre suggested. “There remain a dead man and a free man.”

Thank you for that quotation.

As for quips about Elohim City, Palladin, you need to know more. Andreas Strassmeir was "Andy the German" at Elohim City - and goosed the people there to make a bomb. Strassmeier was the son of Helmut Strassmeier, who was the economic genius after WWII who led the "German Miracle" which saved the country. Strassmeier was on loan to the Feds to infiltrate the group. He was a hero in German intelligence, and known as an anti-neo-Nazi. He was deep cover and totally against what Elohim City was about, and on loan to the FBI and BTF. They were working on impressing the media for budget matters, and the set-up to frame the Elohim City neo-Nazis went sideways, when Tim McVeigh reacted to the Waco massacre before the planned time table and launched early. The Feds wanted to roll up the Neo-Nazis before they actually planted the bomb. When McVeigh went early, Strassmeier, who taught him how to build the bomb, was evacuated back to Germany.

The idea was for Clinton's agencies to look good and get their budgets confirmed - but after Waco and Oklahoma City, everyone went to ground. Just examples of Janet Reno's and Clinton's idea to use Alinsky's Rules of Radicals to create problems and profit from them. Neither Waco nor Oklahoma City would have happened without the Left spurring them on.
[/quote]
When Gabrielle Giffords was shot, the leftist media blamed it on dangerous "right wing rhetoric"  .... but that was yesterday ... today when Steve Scalise is shot by a leftist Bernie loon the media refers to it as "a self inflicted wound" ... and blames dangerous "right wing rhetoric" ...

If you don't care to listen to the pompous CBS blowhard, I don't blame you.  I could only stand less than a minute myself.  The summary is that 'dangerous' is defined as anything or anyone that disagrees with leftist orthodoxy.  And the penalty for being 'dangerous' is that you simply deserve any violence that comes your way.
-- Henry Mencken
Not sure if this was posted before, but here it is anyway.

Congressional shooter James Hodgkinson was abusive alcoholic, foster daughter told judge before her overdose death

Quote:Teenager Cathy Rainbolt told a judge her foster father hit her in the face when she failed to mow the lawn correctly. She got hit in the face when she argued. She got hit and dragged by the hair when she tried to get away.

Her foster father was James "Tom" Hodgkinson, who is now infamous after shooting U.S. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, two police officers and a staffer on a Virginia ballfield Wednesday. Rainbolt told the judge that Hodgkinson drank every day.

"I didn't mark a time when (Hodgkinson) started hitting me," Rainbolt told St. Clair County Circuit Judge James Radcliffe during a hearing Nov. 21, 2006. "It's been hard to live with (an alcoholic) and how (he) treated me," Rainbolt said.

He must have had an extremely low serotonin level, because he had almost no control over his emotions. This is a hallmark of the Wacko Left and quite common. And its also a reason why the Left is unstable and not prone to the use of logic. And thank heavens for that too. Spiteful
(06-20-2017, 08:13 AM)John L Wrote: He must have had an extremely low serotonin level, because he had almost no control over his emotions.  This is a hallmark of the Wacko Left and quite common.  And its also a reason why the Left is unstable and not prone to the use of logic.  And thank heavens for that too.  Spiteful

Could be some level of Asperger Syndrome (I'm not painting the entire left ... just this one particular violent a**hole).  ASD folks are capable of very high level functioning, but don't deal well with processing other people's emotions and feelings ... difficulty with things like empathy, compassion, etc..   Alcohol tends to make them feel more 'normal' ... go figure.   Here's a book on it with an abstract ...   Lots of links on it.

There are plenty of folks who can feel plenty of pity and compassion for animals ... but want their human political competitors to be tortured and exterminated.  Funny world eh?
-- Henry Mencken
William,

Yes, I know Strassmeier was a government informer. The outfit though was a violent group that animated stuff like McVay did. That's why the state had an plant like that in there. He ought to be hung because as you say, the guy motivated this as a preacher of hatred and then informed. So should his government handlers. More really bad actors in Uncle Sam's mafia.

Yak,

Agreed that the USA left is more violent as a group than the right, just pointing out I haven't seen ideological attacks like this one ( against specific representatives of ideas) as opposed to attacking police/corporationsestablishment, etc.
(06-20-2017, 10:22 PM)Palladin Wrote: Agreed that the USA left is more violent as a group than the right, just pointing out I haven't seen ideological attacks like this one ( against specific representatives of ideas) as opposed to attacking police/corporationsestablishment, etc.

You are either not paying attention or you are not being honest.  There's been a string of attacks on people speaking on college campuses as "specific representatives of ideas"  ... not limited to the  Ann Coulter or Milo Y ... but including general faculty and speakers as well like Middlebury resulting in violent acts.  There is a huge disconnect.  Those purported to be protesting against fascism are using violent fascist techniques on people that simply want a open discourse.  There is a 'spectrum' here ... it ranges from giving a tenured professor a concussion to trying to execute a 'rival' baseball team. I wish somebody would do a clinical study on leftists, but it would probably violate some perceived civil right.

Meanwhile, here's some fake news to chew on.  The shooter DID NOT use an "Assault Rifle" ... it was an SKS ... with a fixed 10 round 'clip' NOT magazine.  How this idiot knucklehead managed to reload multiple stripper clips I can't imagine.  The crap reports that I saw indicated it was an AR15.  I really don't trust anything I hear or read anymore. Whatever capital the left used to possess in the media is rapidly diminishing. They are full of sh*t most of the time and day after day more people are realizing it.
-- Henry Mencken
(06-20-2017, 11:15 PM)mr_yak Wrote: Meanwhile, here's some fake news to chew on.  The shooter DID NOT use an "Assault Rifle" ... it was an SKS ... with a fixed 10 round 'clip' NOT magazine.  How this idiot knucklehead managed to reload multiple stripper clips I can't imagine.  The crap reports that I saw indicated it was an AR15.  I really don't trust anything I hear or read anymore.  Whatever capital the left used to possess in the media is rapidly diminishing.  They are full of sh*t most of the time and day after day more people are realizing it.

That's interesting Jack.  

But for the record, even the DailyCaller didn't quite get things correct here.  I personally own an SKS and its a great little weapon.  Mine is a Chinese make, which is different from other makes in that it has a 20 round box magazine instead of 10 rounds.   Its not a 'clip', but a 'box magazine', which means it must be loaded either individually, or with 'stripper clips'.

Mine looks like this one, only I have added a tactical folding stock to it, and removed the bayonet.

[Image: NorinicoSKS3.jpg]

Loading ten, or twenty rounds on a ten round stripper clip is not practical, because ten require too much force.   So I use nine round clips, and I can reload the carbine in a matter of seconds.  If the carbine is well maintained and oiled, I can accomplish this just a little slower than it takes to remove a spent magazine and add a loaded one to an AK-47 if I'm in the prone position.

Also, I have three ProMag 30round magazines for the SKS, but prefer to load with the stripper clips, because they are still very easy and the rounds take up much less space.  
[Image: 48b0e88552e513fe9b322c562cb562f4.jpg]

The barrel is a little over three inches longer than with the AK47, so it has a longer range, and I really like that.  I can reach out much further.

As you know, I am not keen on Russian/Soviet armored vehicles, but really do like the 7.62X39 ammunition.  I'll take a 7.62 over a 5.56 any day, because it has stopping power.  The NATO 7.62mm/.308 has a larger cartridge, and can reach out to 750 meters, while the smaller Soviet cartridge is accurate to about 500 meters, but that's more than good enough for me, since I don't use a scope.  

When I purchased mine over twenty years ago, SKSs were dirt cheap, but they have doubled in price since then.  But even at today's price, they are still the most under-rated defense weapon out there.  I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to use one for self-defense, hunting, or practically anything you use a rifle for.  Its one of the better weapons out there, and in the right hands is highly lethal.

Here's some more information on the Dallas shooting two years ago, where an SKS was involved.  

What You Need to Know About the SKS Rifle Used to Kill 5 Police Officers in Dallas

The SKS rifle. An option for personal protection?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, The Squad, & Green New Deal Canuknucklehead 132 5,568 09-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: John L
  McCarthy and Scalise elected House Majority Leader and Whip Ron Lambert 5 1,512 06-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Palladin