Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris Climate Accord & Climate Change Fallout
Thumbs Up 
We're Out!  No more of MacDaddy's Paris Agreement.  I just listened to The Trumpster, and everything he says makes perfect sense.  

The Progressive Wackos, Social Justice Warriors, and Snowflakes will be going into epileptic fits and jumping out of the windows of tall buildings.  LOL!
[Image: calvinlaughing.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
"... jumping out of the windows of tall buildings."

Well, that is one way to reduce one's carbon footprint!

S1
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
(06-01-2017, 04:35 PM)JohnWho Wrote: "... jumping out of the windows of tall buildings."

Well, that is one way to reduce one's carbon footprint!

S1

Its going to be interesting, and highly entertaining, to see what the Whores do about this latest outrage.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
WmL Wrote:It looks like Trump actually understands this game and is unwilling to keep it going.
So why does he increase the gravvy train defense budget?
Not consistent to what he has been saying all along... and certainly not the way to achieve it.

JL Wrote:We're Out! No more of MacDaddy's Paris Agreement. I just listened to The Trumpster, and everything he says makes perfect sense.
That's a good thing. This Paris Agreement was a scam, no matter you believe in AGW or not.
Even if you believe that carbon dioxyde is bad for the global climate, it was just a tool suck money from your pockets. Moreso if you don't believe it. (I don't enter this debate as a principle)

One thing is that you don't fight climate change as long as you don't tackle the issue of growing population.

The time we spend $100 to spare one ton of carbon, you have 10 newborns in India or Africa who are going to emmit twice as much. So f**ck them.

We will never reduce CO2 levels if we add one billion humans every ten years.
I don't know the details of the Paris thing, but, I always have felt the entire AGW "fix" has always been to export money from regular people to the wealthiest folks on earth. If it's a real problem, just outlaw burning coal and oil by say 2030.

Anyway, this won't harm any future American potential vis a vis non carbon electric generation technology and sales like John Kerry was lamenting on the news. We're always ahead of the technology curve to be blunt, I bet 95% of all new technology was born right here in the last century.

This agreement won't change that.

I have to give Trump credit for following through on his promise on this idea.
(06-01-2017, 06:55 PM)Palladin Wrote: I have to give Trump credit for following through on his promise on this idea.

Falls out of chair, on to floor. Slowly picks self up. Shock

Thoroughly amazed! S22
(06-01-2017, 06:55 PM)Palladin Wrote: I don't know the details of the Paris thing, but, I always have felt the entire AGW "fix" has always been to export money from regular people to the wealthiest folks on earth. If it's a real problem, just outlaw burning coal and oil by say 2030.

The Al Gores of the world are getting plenty of scratch out of it.  But a good deal of the benefits go to China and India as well as they enjoy a competitive advantage while the U.S. and Europe are supposed to remain hobbled.  Merkel can carp all she wants about the Paris Accords, but the Germans had this figured out years ago.  Dig baby dig!!

Even if tried banning coal and oil how would you possibly get China on board?

Climate change is real.  The climate has been changing since the planet was formed.  Fossil fuels may have some effect but IPCCs own studies show that eliminating emissions would only affect things by a few tenths of a degree over a century ... most likely well within the boundaries of error for any existing model.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
Boy, the Kooks and dedicated Jackasses are braying and howling all over the place.  S13  I'm Loving every minute of this.

One more promise fulfilled, and I am actually feeling better about this Jerk.  S22
Quote:By stepping away from the Paris agreement, the president made good on a campaign promise to “cancel” an agreement he repeatedly mocked at rallies. As president, he has moved rapidly to reverse Obama-era policies aimed at allowing the United States to meet its pollution-reduction targets as set under the agreement.

“We are getting out,” Mr. Trump said Thursday. “But we will start to negotiate, and we will see if we can make a deal that’s fair. And if we can, that’s great.”

In his remarks, Mr. Trump listed sectors of the United States economy that would lose revenue and jobs if the country remained part of the accord, citing a study — vigorously disputed by environmental groups — asserting that the agreement would cost 2.7 million jobs by 2025.

But he will stick to the withdrawal process laid out in the Paris agreement, which President Barack Obama joined and most of the world has already ratified. That could take nearly four years to complete, meaning a final decision would be up to the American voters in the next presidential election.
-------
President Emmanuel Macron of France and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada each issued rebukes to Mr. Trump. “Make our planet great again,” Mr. Macron said.

On Twitter, Miguel Arias Cañete, the European Union’s commissioner for climate, said that “today’s announcement has galvanized us rather than weakened us, and this vacuum will be filled by new broad committed leadership.”

Mr. Obama, in a rare assertion of his political views as a former president, said, “The nations that remain in the Paris agreement will be the nations that reap the benefits in jobs and industries created.”

“Even in the absence of American leadership; even as this administration joins a small handful of nations that reject the future; I’m confident that our states, cities, and businesses will step up and do even more to lead the way, and help protect for future generations the one planet we’ve got,” Mr. Obama said.

Obviously economics is not these people's strong suit, and definitely MacDaddy's, that's for certain.  Hey, how can practical Classic Economics and Collectivism work together anyway?  

Anyway, My hat's off for The Donald on this one.  Now, where's my popcorn?  S13

Furthermore,

Quote:Following Trump’s speech, Germany, Italy and France said in a joint statement that the accord will not be renegotiated.

Great! Then there will be no further renegotiation and it will be permanent. Thank you Germany, Italy, and France. S22
Obama's argument ... loss of new jobs and industries  ... you know?  Like Solyndra  and wind farms.

... Update ...

Jerry Brown picks up the torch! ... well not actually, because torches produce CO2 ... so maybe more of a metaphorical torch? ... funny how the Dems have warmed up to the whole state sovereignty concept eh?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
Sen Rand Paul to Jake Tapper About Trump To Announce Withdrawal of Climate Deal. #Climate #RandPaul
(06-01-2017, 05:10 PM)Fredledingue Wrote:
WmL Wrote:It looks like Trump actually understands this game and is unwilling to keep it going.
So why does he increase the gravy train defense budget?
Not consistent to what he has been saying all along... and certainly not the way to achieve it.

You don't remember the renegotiated contracts with the Pentagon? I thought everyone was amazed at the cost savings he insisted upon. I guess you like $20,000 hammers and $30,000 toilet seats?

And what is wrong with stopping the military family cuts from Obama and getting enough money into the budget to pay for the people-side of the military? I wonder how much money Obama spent for drones? As I recall, that decision was in lieu of Humint to get ahead of terrorist programs. He decided collateral damage was fine to react to suspected terrorists. How much could have been saved doing it the right way?

In the past, when the Obama administration overspent on anything, because he never ever had submitted a budget at all, they just rearranged hammers and toilet seats to do what he wanted. I don't recall any government audits to see what money was going where.

With Trump, we just might get real numbers, at least.
John,

I've credited Trump before. Some of his first few days EOs I applauded. Some are really harmful, like the one exempting the mandate from being enforced. OC is dying fast and that accelerated it and it is costing people money, not Aetna. Real people are suffering.

Here's a chart of some signatories and their new coal fired plants. Like I said, don't know details, but, I suspect Obama negotiated a deal where the USA did most the "suffering". That's not what he was hired to do:

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/06/02...tchywidget
Click to Enlarge

[Image: te0qu24do31z.jpg]

[Image: DBRNVJfUIAEKTJ3.jpg]
And my two favorite politicians in DC...................

[Image: dzt8oiyz731z.jpg]

[Image: levug4zlb31z.png]
Ben Shapiro explains why Trump made an excellent choice here in withdrawing from the Accord.

5 Reasons Trump Is Right To Pull Out Of The Paris Accord

Reasons number four and five tell us more about the character of Obama, far more than anything concerning Trump. Talk about Manchurian Candidate. Shock
It was bad for us, IMO. They keep saying, "the USA puts out 15% of all carbon emissions and it is on you guys to make the most sacrifices".

Here's how I view that thought. The USA is w/o peer on innovation and creation of new products, some revolutionary.

The entire world has benefitted from our need and use for electric power generation in the bringing to market products of the various innovations. So, screw the idea we owe the globe for the sin of being uber productive compared to them. The world has very much benefitted from the American people in this respect.
(06-02-2017, 08:36 PM)Palladin Wrote: It was bad for us, IMO. They keep saying, "the USA puts out 15% of all carbon emissions and it is on you guys to make the most sacrifices".

Here's how I view that thought. The USA is w/o peer on innovation and creation of new products, some revolutionary.

The entire world has benefitted from our need and use for electric power generation in the bringing to market products of the various innovations.  So, screw the idea we owe the globe for the sin of being uber productive compared to them. The world has very much benefitted from the American people in this respect.

Where on earth do they come up with crap like that?  This is a 2009 graph, which gives an accurate percentage for that year.[Image: human-global-warming.jpg]

That's right, only 3.4% caused by ALL human activity, around the world.  It may be a little higher, but definitely under 5%.  So, the US couldn't even hope to cause that much input.  

Besides CO2 is a good thing because it is food for plants and trees.  The planet is getting greener as a result.
The Chinese mine and consume more coal than the rest of the world combine.  How is that not part of the discussion?

Germans are raising such a fit because they have this figured out.  They have been rapidly mining Lignite ... one of the dirtiest power sources on earth to pump up their industries.  Even with that their switch to renewals has left Germany with an electric bill that is 3-4x electricity U.S. costs ... even as the U.S. continues emitting less CO2/kwh.  They know that un-hobbling U.S. energy from carbon limits results in a killer competitive advantage.  THAT is what Merkel is so p*ssed off about.

The U.S. has already gone much farther in limiting CO2 emissions with the switch to natural gas than any other nation on the planet.  And yet we remain the Rodney Dangerfield of environmental stewardship.  To the various outlets, CEOs and others reacting at Trump I say FU right back.  A guy like Bloomberg could give a sh*t if his electric bill doubles ... but it sure as hell matters to the rest of us.
-- Henry Mencken
This is really funny as all get out.  First three governors are going their own way, and now, 83 mayors adopt Paris climate accord after U.S. pulls out. “The world cannot wait—and neither will we”

Hey, if they want to be so stupid, then more power to them.  But, when they realize that the other states and cities are doing better and their employment rates are abysmal, I hope they don't expect the rest of us to give them a leg up.

I wonder how many will be eventually moving out of those places?

Oh, and I wonder how many of these mayors are not card carrying Jackasses? S13

EDIT: Add-On

I forgot this one: Connelly: West Coast leaders vow 'green wall' against Trump on climate

I suspect the Left is going to continue acting like the little children they are, and come next election cycle, they will fall further behind as they lose more offices to more sane folks.
(06-02-2017, 11:16 PM)John L Wrote:  ... more power to them. 

Unfortunately less power to their constituents.  The celebrities and moguls that keep folks like Jerry Brown in power will do just fine.  Everybody else will freeze in the dark when they can't afford the 4x energy prices.

But even Cali has it's limits.  I wonder if any of these twits remember Gray Davis?

.... edit ....
Per your list of governors ... let's take a look at Connecticut ...

http://fox61.com/2017/06/02/governor-mal...is-accord/
meanwhile
https://www.wsj.com/articles/connecticut...1496443958

Is it just me or does it seem like there is a common pattern of behavior at work?
-- Henry Mencken

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mike Bloomberg Buys the Word "Climate" Fredledingue 0 29 12-05-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Fredledingue
  18 annual climate gabfests: 16 years without warming sunsettommy 5 1,925 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer John L 25 6,142 01-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Last Post: ghoullio
  WikiLeaks,US gov.& Climate Change Palladin 2 877 12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
  New incentive to fortify the border-Climate change? John L 16 3,199 08-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Brooklyn
  CEI Suing NASA Over Climate Stonewall John L 21 4,691 05-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Last Post: John L
  The Real Climate Agenda John L 3 691 08-07-2009, 08:49 PM
  "global warming" and "climate change": f jt 2 1,277 05-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Last Post: scpg02
  Gore: Polluters Manipulate Climate Info scpg02 13 2,690 09-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Last Post: John L
  Kerry, Gingrich announce climate showdown John L 15 3,333 04-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Monsieur Le Tonk