Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trump Blitz
The Donald is really on a Tear, no question. So far, I have no problems with what he is doing, and I actually have to admire his Moxie. Needless to say, the Progressive Jackasses, along with the Whore Media, are having a Holy Cow. I gotta' Love it. S2

Here's my question: Of all the things he is doing right out the starting gate, is there any one in particular that you love to see him doing. Just curious here. Spiteful
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
To be honest, I like that he is standing up to the media. The second thing is called energy and taking responsibility with that work ethic.

His web site when he was campaigning had all the issues . Let' see what happens with them.
Standing up to the media, cutting off major funding to UN and the fact he will destroy the global warming movement.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
[Image: mrz012817-color_1_orig.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Interestingly, Snopes puts a question mark on the idea that Trump did not call out the seven nations that were banned from entering the USA - he just referred to those places identified by Obama. Then Snopes went on to describe in detail that it was true. Here.
Quote:Saturday, Jan. 28

Executive Order: Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Appointees - The order restricts those working for executive government departments from lobbying after their government work is complete, including a five-year ban on lobbying the department in which they worked, a ban on lobbying for foreign governments and a ban on accepting gifts from lobbyists.

Obviously, the MSM has completely ignored this one.  Too bad he can't make it retroactive ... and/or apply it to former Presidents ... and/or their spouses.

Hmmm ...

Quote:Presidential Memorandum Organization of the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council - The memorandum directs the organizing of a system for national security policy development and decision-making.

Presidential Memorandum Plan to Defeat the Islamic State of Iraq - The memorandum directs his administration to develop a comprehensive plan to defeat ISIS.

Eight years ... and apparently no "organized system" for policy development and decision making ... and no formal comprehensive plan to defeat ISIS ... note that the order doesn't strike down any existing 'system' or 'plan' ... it only directs their creation. It kinda makes ya wonder how policies were actually worked out in the last administration ... maybe they just had a big dart board or or some sort of roulette wheel to decide the next move?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
Quote:Friday, Jan. 20

Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies - The memorandum orders a freeze on all nonemergency regulations being registered pending review by the administration.

I wonder if that also halts the EPA from enforcing some of their DumbAss regulations. For instance those 2009 new fangled gas containers and their ridiculous spouts?

Fortunately I purchased that battery powered lawn mower year before last, and I just love the hell out of it. I don't need any gas containers that I have to fight with. S22
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Oh, My Lord!, just look at this will you? Even the Dumbasses are finally beginning to grow some sort of a spine all of a sudden. And I wonder just why they are? Could it be because someone is behind them with a whip and cattle prod? S13

Without Trump, I can guarantee you this would NEVER be occurring. GOP changes rules to push through nominees after Dem boycott

Quote:
GOP changes rules to push through nominees after Dem boycott
© Getty

Senate Republicans pushed through a pair of President Trump’s Cabinet nominees Wednesday, upending standard committee rules to circumvent a Democratic boycott.

The Senate Finance Committee advanced a pair of Trump’s nominees with only Republican members present — Steven Mnuchin to head the Treasury Department, and Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) as secretary of Health and Human Services.

By unanimous consent, the Republicans gathered in the hearing room agreed to change the committee’s standing rules, which normally require at least one member of each party to be in attendance for committee work to proceed.

“It’s just another way of roughing up the president’s nominees,” said committee Chairman Orrin Hatch (R-Utah). “They have been treated fairly. We have not been treated fairly.”

Republicans made the unusual move after Democrats refused to attend a vote on the nominees for two days running, arguing the pair had made misleading statements to lawmakers that needed to be rectified.

The nominees now head to the Senate floor, as partisan tensions over filling out Trump’s White House continued to intensify.

Now, onward to the Nuclear Option. The Jackasses did it unto them, so they should at least be returning the favor,......provided they have the moral courage, i.e. Guts. Gah
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
It appears I may not be the only one who is noticing that the Republicans

are now acting like Democrats.

No wonder the Democrats are upset - their motto "do as I say, not as I do" is not being embraced so much by the Republicans.

S1
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
It seems that there may be a bit more to this 30 day halt to the importation of Muslims into the US.  The Donald may be using a bit of strategic thinking here, at least from an Asian perspective.  And as usual, The Spengler has his take on all this, which nobody else is considering.

Quote:Why Middle Eastern nations support Trump’s immigration halt.  The US president's measure has had precisely the result he intended, giving succour to those engaged in an existential war against jihadist elements

Critics of President Trump’s temporary travel ban on seven Muslim nations should remember the Chinese proverb, “Kill the chicken and let the monkey watch.” *

The much-criticized measure was a warning to the governments of the Gulf States, Turkey and Pakistan, who walk a fine line between support for Western counter-terrorism efforts and concessions to jihadists. It has had precisely the result that the White House intended, as a Dubai security official indicated on January 29. As Reuters’ Zawya.com reported:

Quote:Dubai’s deputy chief of police and public security, Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, has praised US President Donald Trump’s recent decision to temporarily ban citizens from seven Muslim-majority states, saying in a series of tweets it was a ‘preventive measure’ to safeguard the country.

Kudos to President Trump for his brave decisions… they (these people) can only be dealt with through preventive measures,” he said in an Arabic-language tweet dated January 29 on his official Twitter account.

“Trump banned the citizens of countries in the embrace of Iran and prevented the Iranians from entering… sound decision,” he added in another tweet…. “It is not necessary for America to host backward people, it has received enough before,” he said in one tweet. “What would a Yemini, Iraqi, Iranian, Somali or a Syrian do in America? They have destroyed their countries, they should not destroy America.”

* - There once was a street entertainer who attracted large crowds with his dancing monkey. Whenever he played the drums, the monkey danced to the rhythm, helping his master earn lots of money. Yet the monkey soon grew tired of this work, and one day refused to dance for his master. In order to force his monkey into compliance, the master brought a live chicken to the monkey and killed it right before his eyes. The monkey got the message and resumed dancing, knowing that if he stopped, he would suffer the same fate.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
And of course the Progressive geniuses, seeing the silent majority reject their temper tantrums, are thinking this action by Trump to be of a different nature. No wonder they continue to be completely off balance and only reactive to everything The Donald is doing during his initial blitzkrieg. S13

Here's what I mean.

The Alternative Constitution

--- SCHiST Happens! ---
If there is anybody who knows the Law, its "The Judge", Judge Andrew Napolitano.  And concerning the fallout from the 'so called' Muslim Ban, he tells it like it is.  There is talk that congressional Republicans are distancing themselves from Trump, especially on this issue.  But they had better get their acts together, because Trump Will Win on this one.

Judge Napolitano on President Trump's travel ban victory

--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Anyone with half a brain can read the pertinent laws and understand a President's authority over immigration. The only reason I can see why there is an issue is because the people charged with understanding it don't take the time to read the law, themselves, and are ill-served by flunkies with an agenda.
(01-30-2017, 08:29 PM)WmLambert Wrote: Interestingly, Snopes puts a question mark on the idea that Trump did not call out the seven nations that were banned from entering the USA - he just referred to those places identified by Obama. Then Snopes went on to describe in detail that it was true. Here.

I have also read from other sources, that Obama banned the same countries or so, in the past. And probably past presidents too. That it's just a re-enacting.
Easy shot.
I am never surprised whenever the 9th "Circus" Court finishes doing its thing, and this one is no different.

Judge Napolitano calls court’s travel ban ruling ‘profoundly wrong’

And Charles Krauthammer is outraged over this.

Napolitano on 9th Circuit ruling: 'Intellectually dishonest'

--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Of course it's dishonest. Everything that court does is tinged with Left-wing Progressive gangsterism. The only way that court gets fixed is with time. The court members need to die off while there is an administration in place to replace them with non-political judges. It is the same paradigm all over the country in all different areas of government. The Democrats are so maniacal because they see that the longer an alternative administration exists, their control over bureaucracy dies off with their "moles" inserted all over the place. We like to say we need to fix education so more lunacy isn't taught in schools, but like replacing these activists, the fix takes time.
With friends like this, who needs enemies? Gah

McDoofus Strikes Again! Trump's team in disarray, U.S. Senator McCain tells Europe
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
And here's more on McDoofus and his speech at München, from the Progressive world view coming out of the WaPo.

John McCain just systematically dismantled Donald Trump’s entire worldview

Quote:In case there was any doubt that this was about Trump. Here's what followed:

-"[The founders of the Munich conference] would be alarmed by an increasing turn away from universal values and toward old ties of blood and race and sectarianism.”
-“They would be alarmed by the hardening resentment we see towards immigrants and refugees and minority groups -- especially Muslims.”
-“They would be alarmed by the growing inability -- and even unwillingness -- to separate truth from lies.”
-"They would be alarmed that more and more of our fellow citizens seem to be flirting with authoritarianism and romanticizing it as our moral equivalent."

That's Trump, Trump, Trump and Trump.

McCain continued: “But what would alarm them most, I think, is a sense that many of our peoples, including in my own country, are giving up on the West, that they see it as a bad deal that we may be better off without, and that while Western nations still have the power to maintain our world order, it's unclear whether we have the will.”

Obviously this is your typical DC Establishment leadership entrenched within the Republican Party.  And I contend that this is the reason why they are their own worst enemies.  

Am I wrong here?  Am I totally misreading all this?  In truth, between the Dumbass establishment and the Jackass childishness, I'm becoming more and more positive about Donald Trump.  I'm even surprising myself.

[Image: mccain-foot-in-mouth-lk0504.jpg]
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
We all gave up on McCain a long time ago. I never thought much of him from Annapolis on up. It was swallowing pins and needles to have him on a Presidential ticket and trying to convince myself his issues were better than what Obama or Clinton would leave us with. I had hoped the Palin choice for VP might show a little intelligence - but he spoiled that, too.

Now, he's as bad as Obama, fighting for a legacy. Which one is worse?
This comes under the category of unintended consequences. Yiannopoulos became famous for not being allowed to speak at Berkeley, the Home of Free Speech." Now CPAC has dis-invited him, because of a speech he gave concerning pedophelia. If Trump was not going to appear at the same event, Yiannopoulos would probably have been allowed to speak - but knowing it would have ignited an attack on Trump for "cavorting" with a Pedophile, true or not, they sussed out the red flags and went into ostrich-head-in-the-sand mode. See Here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is This Blitz Phony or Not? John L 1 1,093 07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Last Post: StereoMike