Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Common Sense Ain't So Common
This is actually a "No Brainer", but there is really no thread set up to highlight the profound lack of common sense, i.e. wisdom being spread out around the world.  

Take this on coming hurricane, Isis.  If you live on the East Coast, and go to the grocery store, anything remotely akin to survival food, or drink, are cleaned off the shelves already.  

But let's just take bottled water as one example.   Its all gone as if water will be nonexistent with the passing of Isis.  No telling how many dollars each worried soul has spent on feeling secure about him/her self.  My friend mike asked me if I had stocked up on bottled water, also telling me that he had gotten almost the last three cases of bottled water.  And he was proud that he was lucky enough to not be the last person.  

I shook my head in wonder.  He drinks that Arizona Green Tea, by the gallon.  And he drinks a lot, so he has at least three empty gallon containers that tend to fill the trash each weel.  And yet,.............he never thought to just take those gallon containers and fill them with tap water.  Just a few pennies in cost compared to the dollars for the bottled water.  

[Image: 0613008715120_CL_hyvee_default_large.jpeg]

I drink green tea, and mint, which I make from scratch.  But I also have several empty Arizona Tea containers to use for my tea.   AND, I also drink apple cider, which I ferment.  I also keep a number of the half-gallon containers and they are also filled with water and stored in an out of the way place.  

This is why common sense ain't so common around here.  Gah

[Image: 72904-Blazing-Saddles-gif-oh-baby-yo-JWAj.gif]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Is the hurricane going to hit where you live?
(10-05-2016, 04:45 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: Is the hurricane going to hit where you live?

About 80:20 it won't. The Raleigh area is about 120 miles east of the ocean. What we may get is some high winds that are above normal. The very last hurricane that came through Raleigh was in the late 90s, and by then it was just hurricane force of around 75 mph.

Keep in mind that the northern hemisphere hurricanes rotate in counter-clockwise direction, which automatically causes one to bounce off the land and move out to sea. That's why all the heavens have to be lined up properly for it to come this far inland.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

And I'm in the Tampa Bay area, so should be safe if it stays off the east coast.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
(10-05-2016, 07:19 PM)JohnWho Wrote: And I'm in the Tampa Bay area, so should be safe if it stays off the east coast.

Naah, we will just use you guys as the bumper that will keep the beast away from the Deep South inland.   S13

I did my homework a long, long time ago, and concluded that Florida was a continuous series of disasters, just waiting to happen.  That's why I haven't even considered that place.   Personally I'm a lover of the mountains.   Either Greenville, Tenn, or Brevard, NC.

Building codes in Florida are pretty stout. Unlike Haiti, there aren't a lot of cardboard lean-tos. If storing water, use clear bottles when possible. Putting them out in the sun will sterilize the water.
And speaking of Common Sense and Brilliant Fucking Morons, there's this:

[Image: 1kx8zpqil7ux.jpg]

SUCKERS!!

New MacBook Pro Accessory Only 69.99$
[Image: e8e20exkcwtx.jpg]

SUCKERS!!

Poeple spend a fortune renovating ...to glue this scenic wallpaper. What a waste of money. S18
[Image: 14884636_1221395407934324_76903624257994...JpIjoiYiJ9]

WmL Wrote:Putting them out in the sun will sterilize the water.
Are you sure about that? I thought it would just help algeas and other invisible microorganisms to prolifer...
... yet another reason why running from the police is a really bad idea ... I assume the Badger wasn't at home at the time ... otherwise his injuries would probably not be listed as 'minor'.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M07fdc3bb2860fa8a858b166b83080...=245&h=184]
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
It could be that the badger exited from another hole in order to get away from all the ruckus. Badgers usually have multiple entrance/exit holes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Common Sense 101 John L 14 1,172 07-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Joan
  Finally, Someone With Common Sense On Boobs John L 26 2,905 04-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Armadillo