Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ad Blocking War & Online Privacy Software
Have you all noticed the increased number of sites that are warning you that you have your ad blocker on, and need to turn it off? And further, have you come across sites that will not allow you to enter unless you disarm your adblocker?

I have three ad blockers on my opera browser, because websites have gone bonkers with them. There are more ads that automatically have videos crank up, inundate with huge ads, and cause a general nuisance. I know its their site, and they want to make some revenue from it all, but most of them are a bit overboard IMO.

My Opera browser automatically has a private window capability that allows me to slip into most of the sites that would automatically keep me out. Opera also has an automatic SurfEasy program built in, that offers surfing anonymity, but its not free after the first 500 mbs. But its about half to one third the regular cost. Opera bought SurfEasy last year, and since they want everyone to use Opera, they offer a great deal on the program.

Opera buys SurfEasy in bid to build software that boosts online privacy

If you have some work around apps, or programs, please feel free to post them here.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I'm not having too many problems. Something that I wonder is if some of these "privacy/ad blockers" etc might actually be working for the invasion of privacy bunch they purport to fight?
I have 2 ad blockers on my browser plus and overlay remover. The overlay is great when reading newspapers as it gets rid of the overlay to limit reading to subscribers.
(06-23-2016, 01:16 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: I have 2 ad blockers on my browser plus and overlay remover. The overlay is great when reading newspapers as it gets rid of the overlay to limit reading to subscribers.

I'll have to check into these "overlay removers". But I have been able to get rid of the anti-ad-blocker stuff, by just using the "New Private Window" option with Opera.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

The overlay I'm using is a chrome addon.
Malwarebytes anti-exploit premium (Download free trial and activate using any of the below)

Serials:

6HS7-3PB5
Y8V6-C6F2-9583-MGU7

3JR8-4SJ4
R688-9YAP-349C-D3MG

8TF1-5SX8
UU7D-C9JF-J3JK-H5W9

3IC5-7VM4
Y1B4-0D58-2TFT-43BG
Could you post a link to a site which is blocking you if you have adBlocker on?
(07-03-2016, 11:22 AM)Fredledingue Wrote: Could you post a link to a site which is blocking you if you have adBlocker on?

Oh gosh, I have forgotten the ones. Tell you what, next time one crops up I'll post it.

I had one this morning, can't remember the site. It was a German site. I just opened a privacy window on my Opera browser and then pasted and ran the link in it. No problems, except for one. I couldn't use the translate option in the privacy window, so I just left it and didn't bother.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mamutu – Behavior blocking anti-malware software WarBicycle 4 1,246 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Last Post: WarBicycle