Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey's Move to Islamic Autocracy
If Erdogan's move toward an autocratic state isn't in the works, this should cause the rest of NATO, and the West, to be overly concerned about one of its members.

Quote:Turkey prosecutors seek life terms for two anti-Erdogan journalists

Istanbul (AFP) - Turkish prosecutors Wednesday demanded life sentences for two top journalists from the opposition Cumhuriyet newspaper on charges of revealing state secrets with a report that had alleged President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government tried to send arms into Syria.

Prosecutors asked the Istanbul court to sentence editor-in-chief Can Dundar and Ankara bureau chief Erdem Gul each to a penalty comprising one aggravated life sentence, one ordinary life sentence and 30 years in jail, the Dogan news agency reported.
----
Both Erdogan and the head of the National Intelligence Organisation (MIT) Hakan Fidan -- the president's hugely powerful but low-profile ally -- are named as plaintiffs in the 473-page indictment.

Dundar and Gul were both placed under arrest in late November over the report earlier in the year that claimed to show proof that a consignment of weapons seized at the border in January 2014 was bound for Islamist rebels in Syria.

Since then, they have both been held in the Silivri jail on the outskirts of Istanbul ahead of their trial, whose date has still yet to be announced.
----
News of the indictment coincided with the publication in Istanbul of its annual report by US-based rights watchdog Human Rights Watch (HRW), which denounced the prosecution of the pair.

"We are absolutely clear that Can Dundar and Erdem Gul, in publishing stories on that subject were doing their job as journalists and nothing more than that," HRW's Turkey representative Emma Sinclair Webb told reporters.

She added: "Turkish political leaders, especially the president, have showed an unprecedented willingness over the last years to create a climate of fear for their critics and demonise their opponents."

Delegates from press freedom groups like the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) and Reporters Without Borders (RSF) on Wednesday joined a vigil outside the jail to support the reporters, urging Turkey to free them "without delay".

Dundar, now in jail for a 63rd day according to Cumhuriyet, has not stopped writing columns for his paper and in his latest article attacked Erdogan for seeking to squeeze out dissent in the country.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the modern Turkish state, must rolling over in his grave.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Other than Germany, probably the most important European NATO member.

We will eventually say something about Erdogan's ISIS gambit and his authoritarian streak, that's all though. Turkey is just too important to kick out.
Obama is too stupid to see the importance of Turkey, so he won't do a thing. Obama thinks Iran is more important, at least in his personal anti-American agenda.
(01-27-2016, 04:57 PM)Ron Lambert Wrote: Obama is too stupid to see the importance of Turkey, so he won't do a thing. Obama thinks Iran is more important, at least in his personal anti-American agenda.

Ron, Please.......... MacDaddy is not "too stupid". He is "unwise", which is different. That is why we Need wise leaders, but have a habit not choosing them. I'll take someone with an average intellect, but a lot of wisdom, over the brightest person, who is unable to use logic properly.

There is a difference. S22
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

(01-27-2016, 05:36 PM)John L Wrote: ...MacDaddy is not "too stupid". He is "unwise", which is different.
I agree with Ron on this one. I do think Obama is not too bright. He may be canny and able to take advantage of privileged circumstances, but those circumstances have generally been given to him without any effort of his own. Basically, his father was into Left-wing African politics, and his mother was a rabid Marxist. When he came back to the USA he had no resumé to speak of. No grades, no school history, and no father. His grandparents were a part of the little red church, and were able to get Frank Marshall Davis to act as a mentor to him. This is probably the pivot point in his life.

He became tapped as a demographic target by Leftists and Islamists. We know he did poorly in school and nothing to recommend him to any higher education, but he somehow got into Columbia, where his grades were still non-existent, and then into Harvard. His sponsor was the financial adviser to a Saudi Prince who gave millions to the school to begin Islamic studies, then suddenly Obama was enrolled.

Bill Clinton's schooling was similar. He joined his high school ROTC and was appointed to the Rhodes scholarship program as a Left-wing militarist. According to his ROTC commander who had put forward his name, Clinton actually thumbed his nose at him after getting in - then he led demonstrations against the Vietnam War. His required sport was jogging, and he somehow skipped the requirement for a second language - unless hillbilly slang is considered foreign. Neither one seems to have earned their way in.

At any rate, brains and school academics did not figure into Obama's higher education. There was much behind the scenes machinations to boost him up - but no credentials of any kind. He even got appointed to the Law Review, but never really participated. There seemed to always be someone behind the scenes propelling Obama onward. Valery Garrett was a facilitator in the Daley Chicago political machine, and always remained within arms-reach during his entire career. She introduced him to Michelle and gave her the hospital appointment job where she got money for incompetency. He never won an election on his own - his state office was given to him at Bill Ayres' house, and he jumped to another level when his opponents were legally entangled with trumped up voter fraud charges.

In another words, everything in his life was designed and manipulated for him without his input. He's a made man.
Regardless if that is true, he's as smart as a red neck dumbass from East Tennessee is and I can see how valuable Turkey is for 1 reason, geography.

I could see that when I was in 3rd grade if you had asked me and shown me a globe and I had to cheat to graduate HS on my final algebra II exams.

No one with a brain can't see how valuable Germany and Turkey are to that alliance.
Since he's a made man - Turkey is just as important as his handlers tell him it is. It's a balancing act between the Saudi Prince and the Daley machine. Who wins in the end?
Here we go, with the future of a new Turkey.

PRESIDENT ERDOĞAN HAS A NEW ARGUMENT FOR HIS COMING CALIPHATE SYSTEM AND IT’S VERY REVEALING!

I'll use this site because there are three links that tie it all together. But look at this.

Quote:“Our current system is an anomaly. Running this system, with both the prime minister and the president elected, is exceptionally difficult,” Erdoğan said on Jan. 28, addressing a meeting on the prospects of a new constitution hosted by the Turkey Constitution Platform.

What he's really saying is that it "is exceptionally difficult" for him rule the country. And naturally MacDaddy will remain mum about it all, with the US doing nothing, since the referendum would be before the upcoming election. Very convenient. Spiteful

Stratfor stated years ago the US wanted Turkey to return to a caliphate status, remember? If he was right, the plan moves forward.
This one is not bad either:
Erdogan Wrote:The nation is ready, but the politicians who are passing themselves off as elites are not ready; this is the trouble
He is probably the most dangerous leader since Saddam Hussein, Kohmeiny or Hitler.
Stupidity is not the same thing as congential idiocy. The worst stupidity is that which results from deliberate choice to embrace foolish and wrong ideas. In other words, unwisdom produces stupidity.
Ron,

Why would you oppose Turkey re-establishing itself as the Sunni caliphate? According to Stratfor, that is US policy. The thinking is, it is better for a less radical version of Sunni Islam to manage that crew than have the more radical chaotic nonsense of today.

Personally, I don't care either way, but, this is US policy and you are a US patriot.
Borrowing this thread. Hope this is false, if this is true, the praying people best start praying this stuff is recaptured and destroyed.

http://english.aawsat.com/2016/01/articl...as-storage
It's surfacing that increasingly important amounts of chemical weapons are stored in unprecised and unkown locations. I don't think there is anything we can do about it, honestly. But if we know of one storage location it must be destroyed asap.
It's a true miracle that no chemical terrorist attack have been carried out yet. But it will happen.
(02-07-2016, 02:59 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: It's a true miracle that no chemical terrorist attack have been carried out yet. But it will happen.

One of the many things I was taught in CBR School was the issue of safety. Remember, before an enemy can be successful using a chemical weapon, or even biological or radiological, they must first be highly educated/trained/equipped for safe storage, preparation, and handling of the agents. If ISIS, or other terrorists groups come across a stockpile of Mustard, Gb(sarin) or VX, the number of deaths to the terrorists will almost certainly be far higher that the damage they can induce on their victims.

Yes, but suffices one partialy successful attempt, and the world is on panic. And since they are suicide bombers safety standards can be much lower than those thaught at a US military academy. They can just blow up anywhere, even if it's far from their target and kill only 5 poeple including themselves the mere fact that they did use chemical agents will put the whole West upside down.
In Turkey, the Islamo Wackos are rearing their ugly heads, because they now can do so.

Article In Radical Islamist Pro-AKP Turkish Daily: Gorillas, Chimps Are Cursed, Mutated Jews

In his January 31, 2016 column in the pro-AKP government, radical Islamist daily Vahdet, journalist Seyfi Sahin wrote that the evolutionary theory of "the Jew" Darwin contradicts Allah's word in the Koran. Claiming to be a physician, Sahin argued that humans did not evolve from monkeys, but rather that monkeys evolved from perverted Jews whom Allah cursed and punished. The column was widely criticized by Turkey's independent opposition media.

Obviously appearances can be deceiving.

[Image: 26730.jpg]

We may hope that he was speaking ironicaly... but these poeple take everything by the letter.
Looks like Turkey will risk outright war over the YPG. I wonder if Russia is up for it and I wonder if Obama is willing to have a general war over the YPG and Turkey?

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-wont-let-sy...45767.html
Maybe not Obama, but maybe his succesor will want.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turkey's PM is an Islamic Goof Palladin 33 7,680 07-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Palladin