Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 Health Problems With Eating Pork
13 Health Problems with Pork That G-d Has Prevented When He Banned It for The Jews
Jewish Religion

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal’s flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

8) Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine’s one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.

Link: http://jewfacts.com/13-health-problems-p...nned-jews/
If people were able to see what lobsters eat they would never eat one again. A navy diver once told me the best place to find lobsters is where the effluents from a sanitary sewer enter the ocean.
Lobsters are classed as "unclean" according to the Leviticus 11 dietary guidelines. Same with shrimp and shellfish. Even catfish. Fish may only be eaten if they have fins and scales (Lev. 11:9-12). Catfish do not have scales. And they are bottom-feeders.
Leviticus is a collection of old and established lists of things which we have discovered over the ages, and part of many religions that predated the Torah or the Bible. Most things are now trumped by the knowledge that Pork must be cooked to a minimal temperature to render it safe. Suidae, in general, are very close to homindae. We share the same number of tooth roots, organ placement, Hair vs. what other critters have, and the kicker is - that pigs react psychologically most similarly as do humans. The varmints that infest monkey meat does not transfer to man - but most parasites in pigs do. Until the meat is either cooked thoroughly or irradiated.
Most established traditions are very difficult to overcome. And for some reason, it is the outdated ones that lead in the list.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

William,

Could you post about ancient pagan religions that had dietary laws attached to them comparable to Leviticus you alluded to?

John,

You disagree with Ron that pork is bad for your health?
(10-25-2015, 11:31 AM)Palladin Wrote: John,

You disagree with Ron that pork is bad for your health?

By today's standards, I do. The ancients used common sense in staying away from certain foods, because they had a high incidence of illness and death. And since they were not up on the science, they did the only logical thing at the time.

Vegans are almost all against animal meats because they view the killing of these animals as murder. And all of this is why I heartedly support the development of genetically engineered meats.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

But, pork clearly is bad for heart health compared to eating turkey or chicken. I'm pretty sure a doctor would agree with that.
Hey, whether all 13 of the OP's items are accurate or not,

bacon sure is tasty!
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
I'd choose a pork roast over a beef roast every time.
(10-25-2015, 09:40 PM)Palladin Wrote: But, pork clearly is bad for heart health compared to eating turkey or chicken. I'm pretty sure a doctor would agree with that.

This "saturated" fats issue is undergoing changes. Its like the issue of salt, mono-saturated fats, and more, which is being turned around. I posted in the science section about the fact that the latest craze of anti-oxidants are not all what they are cut out to be.

The antioxidant myth is too easy to swallow

Antioxidant Supplements Don't Fight Cancer, Research Suggests

Further, humans have been eating meats since we were early hominids, or 11,000BC if you are a Fundy. Our bodies have genetically adapted to this. Sorry Ron. S5

And I agree with Ronald, I would rather have a pork roast than a beef roast any time. My favorite being pork loin. Its more flavorable and the fat is not as water soluble. If you have done a good deal of cooking as I have, just working with poultry fat, or beef fat, is slimy, greasy work. Water breaks it down and it mixes with the water, whereas pork fat is not as water soluble. Its far easier to separate off the top of the pot.

But truth is that I have even cut down a good deal on my meat consumption anyway.

William,

Did you have access to evidence about the "ancient pagan religious/dietary" thing?
[Image: EFbKZ7.gif]

S6
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
(10-26-2015, 05:10 PM)veritas Wrote: [Image: EFbKZ7.gif]

S6

He's also probably the healthiest person in the entire group.

(10-25-2015, 11:31 AM)Palladin Wrote: William,

Could you post about ancient pagan religions that had dietary laws attached to them comparable to Leviticus you alluded to?
Historically, if we had all the material lost when the Library of Alexandria was burned, perhaps things could be conclusive. One post mentioned that traditions and rituals, such as those in ancient Egypt, as well as Roman gods such as Sol Invictus and the later Mithraic cult were forerunners of Biblical texts: perhaps a mishmash of influences, some competing and some complimentary. So while it’s not as simple as “plagiarism”, neither can we say that Christianity arose from nothing.

Judaism was the first religion based on a male godhead. Most earlier religions were centered on Earth-Mother creators. The basis was different, but much of the trappings that gave good instructions for living were incorporated. Folk lore always consisted of hard-won laws and rules that passed along Mothers' tales as well as laundry lists of do's and don'ts. When I studied comparative religion back at the University of Michigan, way back when, I read many such texts from precursor religions. Zoroastrianism, Mithraism, Buddhism, Hinduism, all had roots that stretched into prehistory.

Another post I came across mentions collections of dietary laws from Egyptian but also Greek and other Near Eastern countries.

Nowadays, you can't find a pig that has the parasites to infect anyone. Even if they had such, we now know how to cook them safely, not to mention irradiating them.
I tried to find some myself and couldn't, do the posts you allude to access research or just tradition?

Since around 1890, there has been a mountain of new evidence discovered in the ANE relating to the pagan gods surrounding the Jews. Not a single word about that issue. None from Egypt, none from Ugarit, none from Babylon, Hittite empire nor Nineveh. I cannot even access an ancient person commenting on it.

W/O some academic research evidence, I don't buy it. We have too much research available to accept stuff like that now days.

On your commentary about influences on Judaism or Christianity from pagan religions, you are not accessing academic research based on your shotgun approach of "influences" you listed above.

For 3 centuries Christians, Jews and atheists have been approaching the bible in an academic method and in the last century researchers have been able to access a mountain of ANE pagan religious material.

There are motif borrowing influences from Ugarit( specifically 3 items, Leviathan, in the clouds and the mountains of the north) Egyptian cosmology (earliest chapters of Genesis ) and Babylon( later edits) on the Hebrew bible.

That's it. No modern academician agrees with what you posted and there are plenty of non Christians involved. You don't need to trust Christians to know better than what you wrote above.

The influences we can know of don't involve theology.

There are no commonalities in pagan and Jewish theology that would demonstrate borrowing from the pagan view( which is "continuity", in other words the gods are the same as you morally and also subject to losing a fight) to the Jewish view of transcendence of YHWH( He's better than you,not just higher hierarchy and He doesn't lose a fight).

Zoroasters good god also is seen within continuity, go read some of the material: "I WILL now tell you who are assembled here the wise sayings of Mazda, * the praises of Ahura, † and the hymns of the Good Spirit, the sublime truth which I see rising out of these flames. You shall therefore hearken to the ***Soul of Nature***. Child of the universe pantheism material right here.

That's continuity, you can eventually become the "force" yourself if you do the right things. Not so much different from other pagan religious material. Like Caesar becoming a god, that's the next step for a pagan.

The pagan high gods were not even transcendent in the power index, they always had to fight off the conspiracies of the lower gods for their thrones and Zoroaster had his "disgusting" god vying with his good god in an apparent equal fight.

Where is any commonality? To make your case academic, you would at least need to show a point or 2 of commonality.

The Mithra/Jesus connection is anti academic nonsense, the researchers on Mithra would laugh you out of a room.

An apparent Roman god the Centurions wanted to have with them in combat turned into a Jewish man who gets beaten half to death, stripped naked and murdered, then resurrected in a incorruptible physical body.

Diametric opposites( all the regional pagans despised the corporeal as "disgusting" since Plato, bodily resurrection to them was anathema) and Mithra's mother was a rock. A virgin rock if that makes you feel better.
From Prehistoric Man even before written records, there were lists of do's and don'ts that helped people to survive. I personally can't conceive of someone with a headache chewing willow bark to discover how it makes his head feel better, but someone did and passed down the information. Almost all of Leviticus concerns such lists. Much of the stuff I remember from UM came from my Philosophy and Logic minor colliding with my art design major. We had one entire library concerned with ancient art and ancient history. I don't have the books in front of me, but I saw lists that came before the Torah. ...Makes sense. In order to set the stage for belief, one must issue proofs and acceptable theory before demanding faith without proof. The Egyptian deity Horus is a central character in many researches that make him a model for the story of Jesus. Similarities are there, but it is not plagiarism - just commonality.

Given enough time, everything can find a parallel.
I can't see any commonality though, do you? Horus, like all pagan gods, is flawed, is limited in ability, is not omnipotent,omnipresent,omniscient, is not the creator, there is not a single word about Horus having more virtue than a human has. He is continuous with all the rest of the physical universe,like all of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus

Early in the 20th century there was an explosion of research into recently found new data discovered in the ANE and some folks got excited and developed the "amalgamation" of religious ideas because of it. It's been discredited since then, not by Christians, by academia.

Here are known commonalities between Israelite religion and neighbors:

1) Creation epics 2) Temple of the gods/God meant to cover the entire earth eventually 3) Giants (good to a pagan, "disgusting" to a Jew) 4) Catastrophic killing of most of humanity, all but Egyptian cosmology has it as a flood 5) One known Mesopotamian religious epic has a "Noah" epic, I forgot which one. 6) Some of the neighboring groups had their most high god holding a "divine council" of other gods and the Jews had this although it is not a well known textual fact, it's there.

Other commonalities I am aware of are dialectic details, such as the Jews borrowing "in the clouds" from their Ugarit neighbors to describe the space where the most high God resides and they both had this "mountain of the north" as a place of residence for their high god, the Jews retold the story of the "beney elohim"(sons of god) mating with human women, they were also known in a Mesopotamian religion as Appkalu(I think), the difference is the Jewish version they are "disgusting", pagan view they are gods( see Gilgamesh, he is a giant off spring of an Appkalu/ human female mate).

Ontology and theology, I can't find anything in common between the God of the Jews and any pagan god. Pagan gods are just glorified people with temporary hierarchy privileges that they lose to rebellious underlings.

Where are the parallels? When I was young, it was with Mithra and research shot that down. I'm asking, I just see no pagan material that has anything remotely like the God of the Jews.
Like I said, most earlier religions were based on an Earth-Mother.

The reason Judaism is often cited for its success is because it was the first to give men a place at the table, and they ran with it.
You know, if there is no Jesus, Gentiles aren't worshipping the God of the Jews. That's the "ran with it success" of Judaism. One unique guy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brain Tapeworms from Eating Undercooked Pork Ron Lambert 0 424 07-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ron Lambert