Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st quarter 2014
Economy shrank 2.9% in 1Q, worst drop since '09
Sodomia delenda est

(06-25-2014, 11:10 AM)mv Wrote: Economy shrank 2.9% in 1Q, worst drop since '09

Sounds like the Next Big Crash may be right ahead?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
When Clinton was facing Cox's Committee citing him with illegal and treasonous funding from the Riadys simultaneously with the blue dress - he launched a war against Kosovo. The famous wag the dog scenario.

Obama will do something because of these numbers. Any guesses?
We have talked about the US looking for a war to resolve economic issues just a few days ago on some other thread.... but per John some Bastardian does not like this idea, so guess no S6
Sodomia delenda est

(06-25-2014, 06:39 PM)mv Wrote: We have talked about the US looking for a war to resolve economic issues just a few days ago on some other thread.... but per John some Bastardian does not like this idea, so guess no S6

Whatever that means in crypto-speak. bastardian, Sodomite, etc., its all confusing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Nay, no crypto-speak meant, I simply forgot the name of the guy you cited. Bast-something.
Sodomia delenda est

(06-25-2014, 07:38 PM)mv Wrote: Nay, no crypto-speak meant, I simply forgot the name of the guy you cited. Bast-something.

Frederic Bastiat.

You mean after all these years you have never bothered to read any of his work? You've never read the "Broken Window Fallacy"?

Oh, my lord. That is one of the most important economic masterpieces ever written. To the Keynesians it is something that is only spoken in back rooms and alleyways. When France is dead and gone, he and Charlemagne will be the only two remembered.
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Quote:he and Charlemagne will be the only two remembered.

nay, that would be Bonaparte and De Sade. S6

now, if you are looking for the second shoe.
Sodomia delenda est

Obama can fix everything by arming anti Assad "moderate Muslim Sunni" rebels and giving them air cover. He can "fight al Qaeda" and overthrow Assad at the same time.

Lots of Americans will believe it, too.

Funny thing is pretty much al Qaeda is done, this ISIS bunch wants allegiance sworn to them, no one pays attention to Zawahiri at all, IMO.
(06-25-2014, 08:17 PM)mv Wrote:
Quote:he and Charlemagne will be the only two remembered.

nay, that would be Bonaparte and De Sade. S6

now, if you are looking for the second shoe.

Yeah, you're correct. I forgot Napoleon. Make it three. Screw de Sade. S6
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
Quote:Screw de Sade.

Pardon my French, but this is clearly a Napoleonic ambition. S13

Regardless, the correct answer to the two Frenchmen remembered after France is gone is likely Asterix and Obelix.
Sodomia delenda est

(06-26-2014, 10:22 AM)mv Wrote:
Quote:Screw de Sade.
Regardless, the correct answer to the two Frenchmen remembered after France is gone is likely Asterix and Obelix.
S13
--- SCHiST Happens! ---
And as for the military option for solving economic problems:

Here is one, it is in tune with the governing American ideology.
Sodomia delenda est

Lefties are working overtime smearing lipstick on this pig. One article blamed an unexpected drop in Healthcare spending. More people are getting shoved into high deductible plans ... instead of a $20 for a copay, now a visit to the doc costs $150. Cost of services go way high ... so people visit the doctor less. Who knew? If the cost of the services themselves weren't still skyrocketing the drop in spending might make at least a little sense as a positive. But it's a mixed bag. Less people seeing a doctor for the sniffles ... then again, when that occasional infected toe gets amputated because you waited a month to see your new $150/visit doctor and results in a mega bucks hospital stay ... the thumb goes heavily to the other end of the scales. The spin articles are citing ISM over 55 as reason for cheer, but customer inventories and deliveries are bucking the trend and slowing. The bottom is dropping out of copper ... accompanied by bull markets in Au and Ag ... who the hell knows? Perhaps stagnancy is becoming the new definition of progress? That said, I don't believe BLS is anymore likely to release a negative number for Q2 than I believe that the IRS will somehow retrieve all Lois Learner's emails ... maybe if they used real imaginary numbers for their imaginary imaginary numbers people wouldn't notice? Q2 growth ... 2.9 i % ... that's the ticket! ... gets rid of that nasty negative sign ... and most people won't even have a clue.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken