Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US-EU Trade Pact
EU ready to lift duties on most U.S. goods

I'm glad that this happens because US-EU relations were kind of tribal so far.
The West will be more competitive and stronger to defend itself against commercial dumping from Asia.
If this happens, it will almost certainly be the only real feather in MacDaddy's cap. Seriously.

At least there will not be any more Smoot-Hawley bills.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hillary Clinton Is Like Herpes, "She Wont Go Away" - Anna Paulina
(02-06-2014, 06:42 PM)John L Wrote: If this happens, it will almost certainly be the only real feather in MacDaddy's cap. Seriously.

There is nothing on this Earth that the boy would not irreparably screw up by touching.
Sodomia delenda est

Well, I do try to think positive, whenever possible. Aww
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
I thought I was the one thinking positively.... There is no limit on the boy's power!
Sodomia delenda est

(02-06-2014, 05:17 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: EU ready to lift duties on most U.S. goods

I'm glad that this happens because US-EU relations were kind of tribal so far.
The West will be more competitive and stronger to defend itself against commercial dumping from Asia.

I'm sure the French farmers & Commie Unions will be loading up the manure spreaders and heading out to block traffic in and out of Paris in the near future...
Oh, they are all head over heels about it already! For them it's like our lifes will be dictated by the US and the global companies.
They even pretend that companies could sue the governement! A law forcing the governement to be honest! Can you imagine that!
reuters Wrote:Many in Europe fear U.S. multinationals will use a so-called investor-to-state dispute settlement (ISDS) mechanism to challenge Europe's food, labor and environmental laws on the grounds that these restrict free commerce.
That's sounds very wierd because if the law is the same for everyone and the governement doesn't make anything dishonest, there is no reason to dispute. And nobody can force a governement to pay a fine if this governement doesn't recognize their own fault volontarily. The governement is above the law because there is no power higher than this. (Except another, stronger governement in case of war.)

Like, all the regulations the EU took decades to compile will be non-valid overnight if we sign a treat with the US!

link

There is a strong pressure in Belgium to cancel completely any treaty and any talk of a treaty. Especialy the Ecologist party. They don't even want to negociate this.

This is different from Obama who for anything else is the typical european Ecologist (leftist form).
Are you referring to the Green Party Fred?
Yes. In english, it's The Green Party. In french: The Ecologists or Ecolo. But sometimes we also call them The Greens (Les Verts)...
They hate the US it seems... The symbol of capitalism, you know...
Canada has reached a free trade agreement with Europe, it should reduce the price of expensive European cars.
(04-29-2015, 05:12 AM)Fredledingue Wrote: Yes. In english, it's The Green Party. In french: The Ecologists or Ecolo. But sometimes we also call them The Greens (Les Verts)...
They hate the US it seems... The symbol of capitalism, you know...

Too bad we don't have time travel, so we can take them all back to 1492, and introduce them to the peace loving tribes of North America, who would welcome them with open arms as fellow brothers in nature. S13
Something very strange here, is that the anti TTIP (the US-EU trade pact) are talking about "the creation of private tribunals which cold force governements to pay fines to private companies".

This seems to me completely absurd since there is no such a thing as a private tribunal. Either it's realy private and it's not binding by law or it's binding and it's controlled by the governement.

Also, no one can make a government pay unless the said governement agrees to in the first time. Except another state, by declaration of war or economic sanctions. Which is even more absurd.

As if governements will create tribunals which are against their interrest???
More about these "private", "secret" and most importantly "outside any juridiction" courts of justice.
How can a tribunal have any legality with such attributes? Doesn't make any sens.
(05-26-2015, 09:13 AM)Fredledingue Wrote: More about these "private", "secret" and most importantly "outside any juridiction" courts of justice.
How can a tribunal have any legality with such attributes? Doesn't make any sens.

Typical bureaucratic bullshit. Keep everything secret, so as to keep the masses from knowing anything. In the process the masses are naturally upset, because they are being treated like mushrooms. That's why I generally despise bureaucrats as worthless drones.
In the past, I saw these things in a good light, "a rising tide lifts all boats". Now, with my view that states seem to have decided to form a nexus with huge corporate interests as a team, this paradigm makes me agree with the left on these trade deals.

It isn't going to be "freer" trade, it is going to be more access to the wallets of the people and the state treasuries for the uber wealthy and more payoffs to the state agents making it possible.

Here in the states, the GOP has just agreed to keep secret lots of Obama's trade deal and let's be honest here men, it is not "Obama's deal", this is a deal simply brokered by agents of massive international cash paying off McConnell, Obama and all the paid agents to make things better for the big guys.
(05-26-2015, 04:24 PM)Palladin Wrote: In the past, I saw these things in a good light, "a rising tide lifts all boats". Now, with my view that states seem to have decided to form a nexus with huge corporate interests as a team, this paradigm makes me agree with the left on these trade deals.

It isn't going to be "freer" trade, it is going to be more access to the wallets of the people and the state treasuries for the uber wealthy and more payoffs to the state agents making it possible.

Here in the states, the GOP has just agreed to keep secret lots of Obama's trade deal and let's be honest here men, it is not "Obama's deal", this is a deal simply brokered by agents of massive international cash paying off McConnell, Obama and all the paid agents to make things better for the big guys.

Its called Corporatism, and it is mixed with Syndicalism. That's the two main ingredients of Fascism, and why we are barreling along that road. There will be just enough relaxed trade to make it look like Free Trade. The same thing resulted with NAFTA. There were so many rules and regulations put in place so as to stifle Free Enterprise, which is really the rising tide lifting all boats.

Free Trade should be just that, Free Trade, not highly regulated trade.
JL Wrote:Typical bureaucratic bullshit. Keep everything secret, so as to keep the masses from knowing anything.
You don't understand, John: Here the far-left is campaining fanaticaly against the TTIP and one of their biggest argument is this so called secret and private tribunal, which is complete non-sens. Such tribunal won't exist, it's impossible.
I think an international tribunal will be set up for such litigations but it won;t be secret, private or outside the law. And it won't be more coercive against governements than the current system.
Their second argument is that all regulation about environement, health and labor rules will be canceled. This too I would be very surprised.

Of course the TTIP will favor mostly large multinational corporations. Who else is able to send 100 containers of goods every week across the antlantic?

The question is do we still need the current trade barriers?
Fred, as a true Liberal, one of the things I believe in is Free Trade. That's for everyone, and no special advantages for corporatists either. Whoever gets a 'Leg Up' done honestly and legally,.......more power to them. Otherwise,..............................
I agree how you define it is accurate, but, there is no such thing as free trade when the assets of states and corporations together work against all competition and they do.

It's free for Warren Buffet. Not just free, but, people like he and Hillary Clinton go beyond that, they raid the treasury of states to make it more prosperous, preferential access, etc. I really don't like what fascism offers.