Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corporation Aristocracy
It's an old theory of mine that very-high salaries (equal or more than 1 million per year) in corporations and various organisations is not the result of a work which is profitable to the organisation, nor a necessity which benefits shareholders, investors, clients or workers.

It's the result of poeple having the right to take money and more importantly of other poeple recognizing their right to taking this money just because they exist as a type of poeple with such rights.
Paid extravagant salaries not for anything useful (how can one million dollar given to a single person be useful?) but for having a name.
There are a certain quantity of poeple, who will inevitably recieve huge sums of money because other poeple decided that they should. It's assumed by the society that it's normal to give them such money.

They are famous at the too-big-to-fail banks, at the huge corporations. They are less known in the health care services and insurances... They are even less known at colledges.

It's incredible how the mass of the population contributes to this self-inflicted injustice:

College Student Debt Soars; College Presidents' Pay Skyrockets

Any student protest after the release of this article?
No of course.
Fred,

That student debt is driving those salaries. You have way too much demand artificially stimulated by debt and such. That's how things work. Colleges are reacting just like say a baseball or football player does when the cash flow is excessive, they want higher salaries and get them out of proportion to decency.
Here are another example of an aging CEO who recieves (or takes?) $36 million to agree to retire before he gets completely senile.
The stock of this company has plunged 40%, but he will get this money whatever the stockholders are losing.
Fred: if that money was spread out more amongst the workers, I personally believe that the company would be better off for it.

Just look at at how businesses in the past have been ruined and how much money CEOs have made while every one else has suffered. What does a company do when they screw up major like this? Simple. They go to the same thing that they wanted distance from: the govuhment. S17

Oh yeah. And in my opinion the same goes for a lot of those idiots that run colleges and universities. S17
"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

I agree with you Robert. I wonder if he really has made a difference for his company to justify all the benefits? And where are the stockholders in all this?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hillary Clinton Is Like Herpes, "She Wont Go Away" - Anna Paulina
You just now noticed this, Fred? Christ, it isn't anything new.

[Image: SjubJ6Bzgc.gif]

In fact, I am inclined to believe this is the natural order of things and we are now returning to it. The new future is a feudal future where gov't and business are the new aristocracies.
Tait,

I think it's already this way.
Good point.

It was a fine experiment of making things for the people by the people, but that is the problem, as most people are adept at becoming serfs/peasants/etc.
(12-28-2013, 08:55 PM)Gunnen4u Wrote: Good point.

It was a fine experiment of making things for the people by the people, but that is the problem, as most people are adept at becoming serfs/peasants/etc.

Too late pal ... I've become too accustomed to something I don't quite remember (?), loose shoes, and a warm place to shit.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken