Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle East Meltdown Pt. 2
The other thread had just gotten out of hand, and we need to start over again. Post away. S1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

OK, let's go.

IED attack in Syria, the clip brought to you by AQ TV.

Hey.... anyone here was smart enough to foresee on 9/11 that we will be watching AQ TV twelve years hence? S6
Sodomia delenda est

[Image: BQx6RJJCYAAew0H.jpg]

Rebels advance toward Latakia:

[Image: BQ00FJdCEAEXFzy.jpg:large]

some of the freedom fighters successes today: (R-rated, you were warned)

Sodomia delenda est

Obama, according to this new Egyptian music clip (yeah, there is such a thing, and it is even funny)

cut/paste the url no idea why it does not work right.
Sodomia delenda est

This sweetie is obviously not one of the starving masses. In fact, she'd be a Huge hit in the Hood. S5
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Not quite the genre but something screwed up in my brain makes me think about The Dictator.
Sodomia delenda est

Turkey's former military chief sentenced to life in prison

This goes to show that any hopes for Turkish generals are in vain.

Deb(IL)ka:
US sources: Terror alert prompted by suspected suicide bombers with implanted explosives.

Not a trusted source of course, but it makes me wonder: just how much good are explosives without shrapnel? I'd guess some in closed quarters, but little outdoors?
Sodomia delenda est

I wouldn't be surprised if the terrorists weren't jerking the WH's chain, by faking it all, and then giggling while everyone plays their part in "Jump through your ass and Hold."

Quite possible... but it is interesting the seriousness of the US concern. Either they think the threat is real or (more likely) the boy learned CYA techniques.
Sodomia delenda est

A very good day for the "Freedom Fighters Allahu Ahkbari Obamic M/F's". First, this little dosage of joy:

Militants kill 450 Kurdish civilians in northern Syria

Bigger, it appears that Meng has fallen, after a year of siege. We should see some execution videos tomorrow. No, not trying to make fun of this, holding for this long was heroic, whatever one thinks of them as people.

I wonder how bad is the Meng loss for the loyalists... it may signify the loss of Aleppo.
Sodomia delenda est

For the very life of me, I just cannot understand how some people can be so cruel and inhumane to their fellow human beings. It just speaks volumes about the very influences that have caused them to be what they are.

I remember reading about how this very thing affected the long term mental condition of SS and Einsatzgruppen, who murdered Jews and Russians by the thousands. After a while it slowly ate away at their ability to continue on, resulting in extremely high rates of suicides and mental breakdowns. One just becomes a hollow shell after a while.

Surly it must be affecting these Islamists too, I would think.

Quote:For the very life of me, I just cannot understand how some people can be so cruel and inhumane to their fellow human beings.

Serving their god, and for many serving their tribe. Very strong.

As for the Nazi analogy:

I think in the Middle East they are conditioned from birth plus have a supporting religion, not merely acting under orders that were sometimes in conflict with the officially proclaimed moral ... so if you find any evidence of suicides or mental breakdowns, post away. I have serious doubts this is possible.
Sodomia delenda est

You know, tribalism can have very positive effects, and I have no trouble getting along with the force behind it. Its natural, so I have trouble attributing it to the negative results that cause such misery and death. There are just as many ethical people who are tribally oriented. In fact, tribalism is one of the primary forces that is going to influence the 21st century.

But this hideous religious fervor, and failure to look at others as having self-worth, is like a terrible cancer destroying one and all if not careful. Eventually these...........animals are going to have to account for themselves. And it is not going to come with a bunch of virgins either. I really do believe that we all have an accounting somewhere along the line, and as the saying goes, "you can pay me now, or you can pay me later." And there will be compounded interest tacked on.

Tribalism is actually parallel to any nationalism, with both positive ("Be proud being one of us") and negative ("The others are the spawn of Satan"). When tribalism is combined with Islam it seems to be the 2nd kind always.

Do you think an Aztec priest would have a mental breakdown over sacrificing lowlifes from other tribes? -- here is a non-islamic example.

Aleppo Ahbaris celebrate Meng today:

Sodomia delenda est

(08-05-2013, 11:28 PM)mv Wrote: Aleppo AhbarisAleppo Ahbaris celebrate Meng today:Aleppo Ahbaris

I've no idea what that is referring to. I'm in the dark here.

Street celebrations in Aleppo of the capture of Meng Air Base yesterday.

Most of Aleppo is rebel-controlled, there are loyalist and kurdish enclaves, plus there was Meng outside of the city. Meng was under siege for nearly a year, only about 200 defenders plus lots of tanks. The rebs used (2?) trucks loaded with explosives and suicide drivers to breach the defense.
I do not have full understanding of what happened there, for instance, why the defenders did not try to break through somehow earlier, or why they did not try to build better fortifications while there was time, or why the rebs were unable to capture the base for so long (it is outside of the city and the fortifications looked minor to me).
Sodomia delenda est

NY Times reports on Meng

That they name the base differently is understandable, I've seen a load of spellings already... that they say there was one suicide attack
Quote:The victory, said by the groups to have been led by two foreign men in an armored vehicle who carried out a suicide attack to breach the defenses of the Minakh air base,
is a minor error (there were two attacks, morning and evening), but here is some real stupidity:

Quote:Such gains have sometimes been reversed within days, as the government strikes back from the air. But if it holds, the rebels’ seizure of the Minakh base in Aleppo Province will challenge the government’s assertion that it is rolling to victory

This is as irreversible as it gets, base was totally surrounded for months, and there are no loyalist forces around. Sure it holds, unless Assad manages to recapture the entire province.

And it really challenges little because it was obvious that Meng is doomed... But
Quote:Yet to the north, a large rebel force armed with tanks and rocket launchers pushed deeper into an area that has long been a relatively quiet government stronghold, the coastal mountains of Latakia Province, sending civilians fleeing.
this may be significant, this is an attack on "Alavia".

PS. NY Times said the rebels helped the defenders to escape? Sure.

Sodomia delenda est

Now, talking about Propaganda... PressTV (Iran) published a video clip a couple of days ago allegedly showing Islamists burning three captured Kurds to death... turned out that the clip was
, with copyright marks removed.... Just like Junior...

You wanna see some field medicine?

It seems knocking your head against the floor five times per day makes your bones stronger... S6
Sodomia delenda est

More "Smoking Kills":

Sodomia delenda est

1st video: looks like a nice piece of shrapnel got him between the eyes. Fortunately it was not traveling fast enough to go very far.

2nd video: Saw that one earlier. Actually the shot didn't look like it did more than just hit him a glancing blow, and fold back some scalp. I've seen that happen before. That's why they invented helmets. LOL!

He's probably lucky and still alive, because I didn't see any brains and skull mist of an exit wound. Probably very lucky.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Middle East Meltdown, Pt. 4 John L 812 94,359 02-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Fredledingue
  Middle East Meltdown, Pt. 3 John L 765 131,642 02-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Last Post: John L
  Middle East Meltdown - 1 Fredledingue 2,468 1,264,650 08-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Last Post: John L