Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LENR in CFL
I had to make the title like this knowing JohnL's addiction to acronyms S6 ... but check this.

Yeah, if you follow the news, LENR surely is taking its time, but now big players (NASA, large Japanese corporations) are in the game and progress is being made all the time. Rossi seems irrelevant now.
Sanders 2020

This is another one of those "something for nothing" situations . Haven't we already had two promises of cold fusion be a total waste of time and effort?

I'm now a Doubting Thomas on this. I have enough trouble trying to debunk the Keynesian Superstition to go after this one.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
Nay, I think this is quite real, simply takes time to develop. It is quite accepted by the establishment now, MIT and NRL run seminars, and a growing number of companies are working on the products. Something new is reported every month and usually more often. 2015 is my guess for the implementation. No guesses just who will be the first, but most likely not Rossi. Defkalion, however, may be the frontrunner. (Incidentally, they are no longer a Greek company... moved the op to Canada).

The CFL item is of course a curio footnote rather than a way to get anything.
Sanders 2020

I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry to be so grumpy but as the saying goes, "Fool me once......................."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
No problem with being skeptical, but the thing is now supported by theories and proven experimentally...

And if you have not, click on the link to forbes article from the article I linked above, it has more. Including NASA's promotion of LENR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...aqPs#at=31
Sanders 2020

I did go there initially. And when I tried to access the LENR hot water heater link, it just took me to a general page without the article.
BTW... if you are technically minded, you can actually build a LENR reactor yourself and see if it works... feels a little like the early days of personal computers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...U_4uCcKazc#!
Sanders 2020

They may need more radiation in the Canadian Football League. It gets cold up north.
It has been shown in the laboratory that many elements have their rate of nuclear decay increased billions and even trillions of times, if heated to the plasma state--which happens in a fluorescent tube. But will anyone ever get it to produce more energy than it takes to run it? If not, then it is just an idle curiosity, without any real value.
in a CFL bulb/tube --- unlikely. In a "normal" LENR device they do produce more energy then they use already. The problem is that the energy comes out as heat and conversion to electricity loses most of it... they basically need to output 3 times the amount of used energy to break even.

Here is an antique LENR clip with A.C.Clarke for fun : http://www.drboblog.com/arthur-c-clarke-on-cold-fusion/
Sanders 2020