Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critters In The News
How about we place all future animal stories here, so as to keep them together.

I particularly liked this one: 3-Foot-Long Alligator Found in Long Island Park.

Now, I wonder what is going to happen to the two hundred pound Croc occupying the mayor's office? S13S6
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have a Gneiss Day!
Not particularly dangerous. Avoid Illinois instead..
Sodomia delenda est

Lost Beluga lingers near Montreal's Old Port.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
A few months ago there was a sighting at the condo complex next to ours. Five police cars and two fire trucks at about 6am. Lots of noise.

"Happy Friday everyone, I am still enjoying my freedom and I hope you are too. Check out CBS Evening News tonight for a story about yours truly.. 6:30 to 7:00 EST, Thanks Steve Hartman nice to meet you! As for me, I'm going to hang out with my friends from http://www.TampaBayNightLife.TV and have some delicious banana daiquiris and Oreos, "dinner of champions", and enjoy the nice weather we are having.. Have a great weekend everyone!! Gotta Go, Zoom-Zoom... This weekend starts in 3, 2, 1.... We have liftoff!!"

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
This is obviously a case of "Death by Mistaken Identity": Surfer Dies in Shark Attack Off Surf Beach in Santa Barbara County. I'm still trying to see why so many 'so called' experts are saying they fail to understand shark behaviour here. I've seen several logical explanations, that when a human is riding a surfboard and paddling along, the surfer looks like a seal moving along the surface.

And knowing that sharks are a bit myopic and just happen to love eating seals(lots of fat), this does not seem to be hard to understand. At least to me anyway. Great Whites are notorious for biting seals, letting them bleed out, and then eating them after they die. And this appears to be exactly what this shark did.

Am I missing something?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have a Gneiss Day!
And speaking about critters, there is this interesting relationship.

Tuscola-native takes unique graduation photos with Texas-sized alligator

[Image: ad253a94-48fc-4f0c-96e7-d438b8dbcef9-lar...3521618584]

Quote:Since May 17, she has taught visitors all about alligators, which requires her to get in the water with the gentle giants, including Big Tex.

“He’s one of my best friends here,” Noland told KTXS.

She said the 13’ 8”, 1,000 lbs. gator hold the "U.S. record for largest gator caught alive.”

Each day she feeds him, tickles his nose and gives him kisses.

Alligators are not quite as aggressive as crocodiles, and are not 'man eaters' by reputation. A good number of them have been tamed, like this one. But it still makes one cringe to see the two interacting together. Spiteful

Have a Gneiss Day!