Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Million African Muslims Convert to Christianity Each Year
(09-29-2012, 11:38 PM)WarBicycle Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 07:23 PM)mv Wrote: On "anti-Christian crusade": this is not anti-Christian, this is anti-Human.

And yes, Islam stands to greatly benefit from this, simply because for all its insanity it is more aligned to human nature than today's West. I am not making a secret of my belief that the best outcome for the humanity is if the Western civilization is simply scrapped, with either China or Russia assuming the lead... I'm not at a point of believing that replacing liberasty by Islam would make things better, but judging by the number of converts to Islam in Europe, many do feel this way.

As for the leftist experimentation.. the biggest danger is that they do their crap slowly nowadays .. and steady slow destruction is accepted better than rapid. In Russia, 1918, one social experiment was to declare all women community property... too fast, too radical, failed. S4

Far more people are leaving Islam than joining it.

Well, now that you mention that little tidbit: Six Million African Muslims Convert to Christianity Each Year

Quote:This translation of a televised conversation reveals a rare glimpse into the outlook of Muslim scholars who are concerned about Christianity’s growth. The invited guest is Sheikh Ahmad Al Katani; the president of The Companions Lighthouse for the Science of Islamic Law in Libya, which is an institution specializing in graduating imams and Islamic preachers.

Anyway, here's a video of this.

6 million African muslims convert to Christianity every year

I wonder why all this is occurring?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Proof (or link) is requested for the above statement "Far more people are leaving Islam than joining it. ".

Notice that whatever happens in Africa is not material to the fate of the West. We don't really have solid data for Africa, and African Christian churches are more viable than Western too... quite likely they do get some converts.

Per Wikipedia article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

Quote:Nearly a quarter of the Muslims are converts to Islam (23%), mainly native-born. Of the total who have converted, 59% are African American and 34% white. Previous religions of those converted was Protestantism (67%), Roman Catholicism (10%) and 15% no religion.

Conversion in Europe is more advanced, f.e. in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...faith.html

Quote:How 100,000 Britons have chosen to become Muslim... and average convert is 27-year-old white woman

Or check this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...75178.html

Conversion to Islam should be seen as a normal reaction among people who want to stick to traditional values with Christianity no longer being an option.
Sodomia delenda est

Christian population growth
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
from your own link:

Quote:The increase in the Christian population is growing at a slightly higher rate than the world population – 1.3 percent per year, when the total world population increased with 1.2 percent. The Christian population in Asia and Africa had the highest growth with 2.6 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively, but the Christian population is declining in Europe.

Again, the increase in Africa and Asia is immaterial to the fate of the West.
Sodomia delenda est

I'm fairly skeptical of these "religious conversion" charts, how can anyone honestly know that?

Assuming these are anywhere near accurate, one thing that jumps out at me is the falloff of Taoism.

I say this because I think some Asians are converting to Christianity from Taoism and it's variants and I think it's because Lao Tzu's commentary in many instances was similar to Jesus' and the gospel account of John(The Word/the Tao) and Asians are beginning to seriously consider the "personal living God" of Christianity as opposed to the more impersonal force of Lao Tzu's thinking.

China is leading this conversion according to a PBS series, "Jesus in China".

I ain't ready to give up on Europe and the USA yet, if the church simply discovers some humility and returns to our "first love", it will return to prominence in our cultures. The movement toward ancient paganism and/or Islam doesn't have to continue.
(09-30-2012, 02:53 PM)Palladin Wrote: I'm fairly skeptical of these "religious conversion" charts, how can anyone honestly know that?

Of course. Your concerns about the Asian stats are valid, but there is also a factor that simply adding Jesus to the other objects worshipped (not a problem with Asian religions) may be counted as a conversion.. it is not.
With Africa, stats are likely made up. The political map of Islam in Africa did not change much in the last 30 years, [Image: Islam-in-Africa-Map.jpg]; in fact the only change we know of is the spread of Islam in South Africa! Al Jaseera clip is likely a combination of two factors: the missionaries want to show they are doing great job (more donations please!), the Arabs want to show the extend of the danger they face, so both exaggerate. Remember that Africans are largely tribal, so one does not convert an individual all that often, one needs to convert a tribe. One notable exception are the large cities on the coast of West Africa... city dwellers are tribeless, and the coast from Nigeria to Senegal is the region where conversions were historically successful.

Quote:I ain't ready to give up on Europe and the USA yet, if the church simply discovers some humility and returns to our "first love"....

One problem with this phrase is the use of the word "church". Which one? The traditional larger denominations are the bastions of liberasty. Some of the smaller groups seem to hold to civilizing values... but they are SMALL! And the only exception to this pattern -- large, growing, and traditional -- is LDS, which is fundamentally a different religion. (Yes, I would prefer a Mormon rule over liberasts or islamists... even if some of their views are quite weird!).
Sodomia delenda est

MV,

"The church" are people who believe Jesus is the Messiah, denominations are our inventions. All of us are susceptible to being closer or further from God's desires for us at any given time and most churches have had a change of thinking somewhere along their lines except those who know everything there is to know already. Those folks are omniscient and don't need humility(kidding!).

I know of Hindus who have added Jesus to their pantheon, these are not the Asians I speak of. I am talking of folks who agree Jesus is who the canonical Gospels say.

Christianity is growing rapidly in China and there's evidence for this view, I'm not as sure there is in Africa although via my missionary friends, I can report of personal conversions from Islam to Christ( I can do that concerning some former Muslims in Pakistan as well), what I cannot do is report if this is a tiny amount or not and if things are also going the other way or not.
The Muslims seem to be hard on Christians these days. The Koran says that all true Christians and Jews are to be counted among the faithful (to G-d). The Muslims seem to be going through another stage of "expand and dominate" as they did shortly after Muhammad died. Muhammad had the same goal in his life time but not on such a grand scale.

The Koran also says that Muslims should not form factions. This amuses me since we now have Muslim factions who bitterly oppose each other (Sunni, Shiite, Salafist, etc.).

I just read the Koran for the second time. It mentions nothing about "a world caliphate". Most of the suras are like my old Methodist preacher of the 1950's: hellfire and damnation for the unbelievers and heaven for the faithful. Much of this is based on the old Testament which is widely quoted. There is no analog of the Decalogue.

So, what puzzles me is why so many people find the Muslim religion attractive on a spiritual basis. Perhaps they are lost souls looking for some structure. Perhaps the imams spin a different story.

Non spiritually, perhaps it is social pressure ("all the important people are doing it", or I should belong to be "in" or "it is cool").
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
I don't think Islam is spread by logic and teaching. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it spread by fire and the sword? Anyone can be impressed into a religion/philosophy via our inborn psychological mechanisms. Islam is one religion which has mastered the conversion process. All such conversions are regulated by the caveat that there must be schedules of reinforcement after the conversion takes place to solidify it. What reinforcement is stronger than the law that leaving Islam is punishable by death?

Kids growing up in a culture are easiest to maintain in the faith.
This prominent Arab convert to Christianity is remaining a Christian, but no longer in the Catholic Church: Magdi Allam, Prominent Arab Convert to Christianity, Leaves Catholic Church Over Its ‘Weakness’ on Islam.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I'm surprised he became a Catholic just because Egypt has it's own Egyptian Christian orthodox tradition.

I disagree with his logic here. It does no minority anywhere on earth good to actively go around calling the majority religion bad stuff, that's how you invite persecution on your and your comrades and it won't help convert the Muslims, either. It makes them naturally defensive.

This is not the way to began a dialectic to effect a conversion, "your religion sucks".

Paul did the opposite.

Is Islam the way he describes? In some cases yes, it doesn't seem those living here or in Turkey, Oman, Morrocco, Malaysia, India or in Indonesia typically act this way. Most Egyptian Muslims aren't going around murdering Christians, that's the role of the small wild eyed nuts even in his home state.

This sure won't help covert them and it won't help all Christians within the Islamic states and it doesn't even alert us to anything we all don't know.
I didn't see this in the news before, but it makes perfect sense. And no doubt, while some are converting in order to increase their chances of asylum, the overwhelming majority are convinced that compared to Allah, the grass really is greener on the other side....................

Muslim migrants embracing Christianity even if this is not needed for them to gain asylum in Germany

Somehow I did not see this until just now, but it makes perfect sense. This is exactly how Christianity has always won over the opposition. The more you persecute, and kill them, the stronger Christianity becomes. And the more conversions occurs. This is precisely why Gandhi and Dr. King embraced non-violent protest. Its one of those "The more you beat me, the more sympathy I accrue. And the more you kill of us, the more followers will take our place." Works every time its tried.

And this time the Kurds are doing it over revulsion of their fellow Muslims. They're just sick of the "Religion of Peace and Whatever". S18

Good for them!

Thousands of Muslims In Northern Iraq Converting to Christianity After Witnessing ISIS Horror, Ministry Reveals: 'They're Just Sick of Islam'

Quote:More and more Kurdish Muslims living in Iraq are turning to Christ after witnessing the brutality of extremist groups like ISIS, who carry out horrific acts in the name of Allah, Christian aid workers have revealed.

A ministry leader in the Kurdish Region of Iraq told the Christian Aid Mission that his organization can barely keep up with the desire of refugees to learn about Christ and the Bible, which has grown increasingly strong since ISIS overtook many parts of the region.

"They're just sick of Islam," he said. "People are very hungry to know about Christ, especially when they hear about miracles, healing, mercy and love."
He added, "As terrifying and horrifying as ISIS is, they did us a great favor because they came and have shown them all the killing, saying that it's all in the Koran verses. So now we don't have to say much, we just say the truth."

Islam is truthfully its own worst enemy.

Also,

[Image: islam-main_article_image.jpg]

Muslim convert to Christianity Nabeel Qureshi: 'Christ has revolutionised my life'

Nabeel Qureshi's New Book "Answering Jihad: A Better Way Forward"

London-Based Group Helping Muslim Converts Secretly Practice Christianity in Iran

Nabeel is a great example of how to defeat Islam from the Christian perspective. Islam simply cannot stand the light of God because it depends on some anti historic reasoning( specifically that Jesus was not crucified).

Other obvious flaws are that Allah doesn't care at all about humanity except Muslims, while Christianity teaches that God loves all His creation. Just that sentence has tons of positive dialectic for the Christian view( how "good" was Allah to create all the things he doesn't respect himself for example??)

We're going to wake up one day and Iran is going to have a majority Christian population, they are rapidly converting. The cynicism the "souped up Islamic idea" under Khomeini created has prepared the hearts of Iranian youth for Christ.

Bring it Lord.
Christianity shows its love for humanity by its unselfish missionary work, maintaining hospitals and clinics throughout the third world, periodically having doctors, nurses, dentists, etc., travel to impoverished areas to provide free medical service, and providing schools to provide much needed education--and all that aside from the usual providing food to the starving. This attracts people to Christianity, and when they learn of a God of love, willing to sacrifice Himself in His Son for all humanity, that closes the sale. Islam, despite all its forcefulness and resort to savagery to punish anyone who does not accept their "religion," and especially anyone who would leave Islam, simply cannot compete.
Palladin, I was not aware that Moslems deny that Jesus was crucified. They acknowledge that He existed, and even call Him a prophet. They may deny the Resurrection. But the key thing has always been that they just do not believe He was divine. They appear to have been influenced by the Christian offshoot that denied the deity of Christ, a heresy that John particularly sought to oppose in his writings in the New Testament.
Ron,

It's a major tenet in their faith. Some Christian theologians believe Mohammad picked that idea up from a gnostic Gospel because there is 1 of them that claimed what the Koran claims, namely that Jesus didn't die, but, a man that looked like Jesus died.

If I were asking a Muslim, I would ask, "don't you think His mother knew that was her son on the cross there"?

Anyway, here's the weirdest of all Islamic ideas. That Jesus is the Messiah, they agree with us on that, they just disagree with us what Messiah constitutes.
Here is yet one more example as to why Islam is its own worst enemy.

CHRISTIAN WOMAN MARTYRED IN ETHIOPIA LEAVES A STRONG WITNESS

The sons and friend are only the three converts over this. But unreported will be the others who know about this terrible thing, and also make the secret decision to follow Christ.

As I keep saying, the more Islam persecutes Christians, the greater the number of Christians will grow.  Its a "Moral" thing that the Cult if Islam is totally unable to comprehend.

Quote:"Thousands Upon Thousands Coming to Christ!"

Here is an encouraging message from our Arabic broadcasters in the Middle East....

Despite the mass exodus of many Christians, the church is far from empty in Syria, Iraq, Jordan and other parts of the Middle East. God has been very faithful. There are strong Christian believers remaining, and tremendous growth is taking place in the lives of new believers who were Muslims. The presence of the church is vitally important. People are desperate and see very little hope, but the fact that there still is a church gives them encouragement and hope.

Muslims Turning to Christ Across the Middle East

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John - On Conversions of Muslims to Christianity Palladin 12 3,709 01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Ron Lambert