Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Fixing Anyone?
Here is the latest from Drudge: Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations. I have no doubt, in my military mind, that the Obama administration is wringing its hands in fear over this very thing. Outrageously high gasoline prices alone are capable of bringing down a president, much less just one of many that are out there. If gasoline goes up over $5/gal nationwise, there is definitely going to be a voter revolt. And Obama knows this.

So if this is so important, does anyone know of how the lid could be screwed on this political pressure cooker? Does anyone think he will resort to a market oriented solution? Will he use common sense, or will he fall back on his trusted Collectivist 'Command Economic' approach to shortages?

I haven't heard anyone talk about this......yet, but I have my ideas here. I believe he will first try to prop up the market with the oil reserves. But that will only work for a few days. Next I believe he will beg the Saudis to increase production. And after all this fails, as it surely will, he will then resort to what he knows best.

He will be forced to do what Nixon did in the early 70s: he'll officially 'fix' the price of gasoline in order to make it look like he is actually doing something positive. And then once he has 'fixed' the price, he will zealously enforce this, and find a new devil: the gas price fixers. Anyone who is charging more than what he calls a 'fair price', he will go after, and portrait himself as the knight in shining armor.

Does anyone have any other ideas here? Somehow I believe this is going to be a major campaign issue before the summer is over.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
He'll probably empty the strategic petroleum reserve first. However, price fixing would be approved of by a majority, so he would go that route as well as threats of investigations,etc.

They're real sensitive to this issue, his boy denied Obama killed the Canadian pipeline project yesterday.
I think the Left's intent to drive the price of gas up to ten dollars per gallon in order to pressure consumers to purchase electric cars. Why else would Obama stop drilling in the Gulf and not approve the Keystone pipeline from Canada.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
Patrick, I believe he will do all this, and also single out 'price gougers' as Uncle Adolf used the Jews in the 30s. I predict he will use this as an excuse to 'fix' the price and save the innocent citizenry. This is how the Collectivist Left always uses someone, or something, to justify their grab for more power.

And again, do you think the Dumbasses will raise a stink over this? You aren't holding your breath, are you?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
The buzz on the street, according to Limbaugh, Hewitt, and others I've heard, is a discovered strategy by Axlerod and Jerritt to win the November election by attacking Iran, causing a spike in the gas price, and then signing the Keystone Project as a military necessity - a salve to the environmentalists.
Nothing surprises me today. He has his work cut out, but he is not beyond anything just to remain in office so he will have four more years to continue the march toward what Bertrum Gross wrote about.
All these steadily rising gas prices are making this article appear even more plausible: Gas Prices: The Latest Excuse to Reengineer Society
Shifting the blame is not an easy thing, but its still worth the effort: Obama campaign now fundraising off of high gas prices by blaming … the Koch brothers.
Obama could only succeed at using Iran as a foil because the people of this nation are such willing subjects to believe the pronouncements of their state.

If we had any separation between the state and the people more than ancient Egypt, such attempts would be laughable. As it stands, we're theirs to use, whether it be Obama or Bush or Reagan or Andrew Jackson.
(02-22-2012, 04:15 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: I think the Left's intent to drive the price of gas up to ten dollars per gallon in order to pressure consumers to purchase electric cars. Why else would Obama stop drilling in the Gulf and not approve the Keystone pipeline from Canada.

You know this is nonsense. It's market forces at work, supply and demand.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
From the way you view 'supply and demand' it could be pretty much anything BUT 'supply and demand'. S13
[Image: gas-pump-msg-120306.jpg]
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
So now he is resorting to excuses? Thanks for the heads-up.
Do you really think any gas station would allow that to stay there on the pump? They want to sell gas. That photo is a set up. I don't think it's Photoshopped, I think someone put it there, took a picture fast and took it down. Just look how sloppy the tape at the top is. That says "hurry up" to me.
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
I hope the fool left it up after taking the photo. I would love to see it at the end of the day after all the patrons with pens and pencils got through improving it.
I think you guys are mixing out on the bigger picture. There's a good case to be made that high prices are due to the federal reserve and the worth, or lack thereof in this case, of the dollar.
[Image: tancredo.jpg]
S,

That's why everything is higher, not just gas. It's also a fact the POTUS wants higher prices for gas to force us into his green ideas.
Yeah, this will really bolster a bump in the tourism economy this summer. Not.

People looking to have "stay-cations" will now be forced to stay closer to home or not travel this summer at all. I'm lucky, I live by the beach, but this will hurt tourism - again.

Here at the Shore, gas prices jump 10¢ every Thursday night and go down again on Tuesday mornings. We're already getting ripped off as locals so the local businesses can make money off the tourists. Hiking gas prices like this is going to kill this summer's businesses. Compound this with double the price for a hotel room from Memorial Day to Labor Day and people cannot afford the summer, especially if you're loaded with kids to tote along.
[Image: PancakeBunny.jpg] I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head
(03-13-2012, 03:38 PM)Palladin Wrote: S,

That's why everything is higher, not just gas. It's also a fact the POTUS wants higher prices for gas to force us into his green ideas.
I'm aware, that's why Chu previously stated he wanted our prices to be as high as the EU.
No one seems to be addressing the inflation in the MSM though. Forbes had a good article on it a week or two ago.

[Image: tancredo.jpg]
Truth be told, I'm ok with the NatGas stuff. It would bring in a lot of money into our state economy here in Oklahoma.
[Image: 760.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixing/Removing ObamaCare WmLambert 115 16,673 04-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Ron Lambert