Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death By Global Warming
I just saw this piece of science speculation(or is it really fantasy?), and have to admit that I didn't see it in 2007. I would have remembered this one, because I would have laughed myself silly. This is how desperate these folks have gotten of late.

Quote:UPDATE: January 1st, 2012 – still here, no reports of mass deaths at the last minute. – Anthony

Global warming may go on a last minute rampage. Maybe best to just stay at home and lock your doors, bar your windows, and turn your air conditioner on. If you live near the coast, head for high ground. Deaths due to drinking and driving will be nothing compared to this.

This story appeared in The Canadian January 8th, 2007, it’s been a countdown example of stupidity ever since. Unbelievably, it is still on their website. Note today’s date.

[Image: 2012_4-5billion_die.png?w=640&h=442]

And they are not alone, of course. If you find any more obscene predictions, which fail to come to fruition, please feel free to post them here.

We really need to start keeping track of all the dire predictions that are originating from what passes itself off as science, and scientific journalism. Boy, talk about an oxymoron.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
Oh, and I forgot this little tidbit from last April: UN Scrubs Errant 50 Million Global Warming Refugees Prediction From Website.

Quote:As NewsBusters reported Tuesday, the United Nations in 2005 wrongly predicted there would be 50 million environmental refugees by the end of the previous decade as a result of global warming.

Aaron Worthing noticed Friday that the 'handy map" the U.N. had created to identify places most at risk for such population migrations has been removed:

You might remember the other day I pointed out how the UN predicted 50 million climate refugees by 2010, a prediction that came up laughably short of the mark by only around 50 million. Well, if you go to that post and click on the link to the UN page making that claim… something funny happens. You get this:

[Image: UN-SC01-600x133.jpg]

In 2007, UN Under-Secretary General and Head of the UNEP, Aachim Steiner told a conference in Africa:

Quote:So I have initiated a number of reforms that will begin in the next few weeks.

Some however have already begun in terms of looking at how we can improve the transparency and accountability of this institution

He also received the Steiger Award for straight-forwardness, honesty, fairness and helpfulness.

Is the deletion of this map without adequate explanation an example of Mr Steiner’s transparency and accountability?

Here are the cached screen shots from the original article, that just the UN cannot erase.

[Image: UN-SC03-600x375.jpg]

[Image: UN-SC06-600x375.jpg]

[Image: UN-SC07-600x375.jpg]

What I find to be so interesting is the fact that these Einsteins actually think they are heads and shoulders above the skeptics, that they would actually not expect those same skeptical dunces not to keep a record of their fantasy journalism. Seriously now, just how brilliant are they to believe such things?

Tells one far more about the UN, and their prostitutes in the world of journalism than anything remotely akin to 'so called' Global Warming I would think. S5
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gosh JL,

I have seen many examples in the last few years.

But I get tired of how seiing often they are wrong.And still be supported by the likes of Buzz and Butthead.
I know, but let's just keep a running tab right here, so we can have more ammunition. S5

Oh, and you had better be more careful about how you treat those two fellows above.
If 4.5 B folks die of GW, that should make the environmentalists happy. They have been grousing about overpopulation for years. Why don't they make up their minds about their priorities?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
The "warmoulists" in the media that promote all of this absurdity continue to look like fools, don't they?
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
John L, that idea about the methane hydrates in the ocean's floor has served as the basis for some recent disaster novels. I wonder what would happen if a two-mile in diameter meteoroid struck the ocean and broke up the oceanic crust right where billions of tons of methane hydrate are just waiting to be released. That might not destroy all life on earth, only half of it.

But incremental, cyclic heating of the oceanic waters by a degree or two is not going to do it.
(01-04-2012, 10:02 PM)Ron Lambert Wrote: John L, that idea about the methane hydrates in the ocean's floor has served as the basis for some recent disaster novels. I wonder what would happen if a two-mile in diameter meteoroid struck the ocean and broke up the oceanic crust right where billions of tons of methane hydrate are just waiting to be released. That might not destroy all life on earth, only half of it.

But incremental, cyclic heating of the oceanic waters by a degree or two is not going to do it.

An impact that big would wipe out just about everything.

Thus the worry about a trace GH gas is unnecessary.

S1
Death via Impactor: what a unique, and novel, thought. S5
sunsettommy, you have a point. Make that a quarter-mile in diameter meteoroid.
(01-04-2012, 10:42 PM)sunsettommy Wrote: Thus the worry about a trace GH gas is unnecessary.

Worse, the worry about man's contribution to that trace gass is even more unnecessary.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
(01-05-2012, 12:06 AM)Ron Lambert Wrote: sunsettommy, you have a point. Make that a quarter-mile in diameter meteoroid.

That impact would be far worse than THESE.

But even if a lot of Methane zoomed into the atmosphere.It will have minimal effect.

It absorbs so little IR.And in a low energy part of the band.Which by the way is also "cold".

HERE is a revealing chart exposing the feebleness of CH4.

This is why I am not worried.Just another pointless scaremongering media bullcrap.

In the not too distant future, humans will be mining CH4 from the sea bed.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disaster Addiction And Global Warming John L 109 10,426 12-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: JohnWho
  Global cooling, er, I mean warming, er, wait...PT. 2 John L 526 156,448 10-30-2019, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Canuknucklehead
  Positive News about Global Warming. John L 78 30,226 05-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Last Post: JohnWho
  Why Global Warming Isn't Consistant Buzz 39 25,216 10-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SFX
  Global cooling, er, I mean warming, er, wait... Lisa 1,668 684,314 08-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Last Post: John L
  Global Warming Nazis John L 134 55,649 07-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Paul In Sweden
  Science Fraud And Con Men: Diederik Stapel and Global Warming John L 0 1,740 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
  Global Warming Debate, Split From ANWR Drilling Thread Matrix 113 49,318 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: sunsettommy
  global warming to cause an extraterrestial attack mv 10 6,555 08-20-2011, 03:06 PM
  Catholic church warns of global warming quadrat 9 6,330 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Palladin