Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran in Space?
http://www.isna.ir/ISNA/NewsView.aspx?ID...935&Lang=E

This will make Iran the 3rd space-capable country, after China and Russia...unless the Indians enter the game too.
Sanders 2020

I wish them luck. A program like that should break them economically, at a lot faster pace.

Go for it!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
They have to do it, manned space flight is just a side show to deliverable nukes which is their main project...the real goal is nuclear balance with the US.

They have a huge advantage over other players... simpler, no need to return their martyrnauts, they get virgin rewards. S6

BTW, there were reports that they did launch a monkey, and fried it.
Sanders 2020

I personally can't understand why every state doesn't develop nuclear capabilities.

Why would anyone want to remain exposed to coercion from nuke threats? Makes 0 logic to me.
Iran is preparing to colonize Mars. It is the only way to expand Islam given the Spring Awakening and the hostility of BHO even given his Islamic roots. Granted, the EU may go, but that will be the end on Terra.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
I wonder if someone over there finally discovered Ray Bradbury?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Maybe the Iranian space program is meant to fire up the backwater folks in Iran who keep supporting the Mullahs. It seems a stretch, but Sputnik and consequent moon landing did the trick for the US.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
Palladin, why would anyone want to counter a weapon that was used only twice in a real situation and that no one dared to use in nearly 60 years?

Iran into space is of course the best cover-up for their ICBM program but also a pathetic attempt to show that their Islamic Republic is not that a retarded nation.
I don't think it's a very diffcult think to achieve in 2011. Or that it will have the expected mediatic impact.
The chinese sent their man in orbit. So what?
There are 3 astronauts permanently upthere in the ISS already for several years...

In 1959, it was another story...
As long as China and Iran are stuck in the Sputnik mentality, we are ok.
Iran in Space (imagine turban wearing, bearded astronauts) sounds like the Muppets in Space. :lol:
Iran will send another monkey into space

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Wrote:I'm ready to take the risk of being the first Iranian astronaut sent into space.

I'm ready to be the first Iranian to sacrifice myself for our country's scientists.
Fred, if they are thinking of another monkey, he'd make the perfect candidate I would think.
The monkey is toast, I think... S4

Check this advance too:

http://gizmodo.com/5981525/why-irans-new...the-ground
Sanders 2020

Cute little bugger. Perhaps this wonder of technology could be exported to the several Arab countries in need of something that looks great on the runway, or in the display hanger?