Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longevity: Why the Human Life Span Could Double in Your Lifetime
Glen Reynolds interviews Sonia Arrison of the Pacific Research Institute on how our lifespan are going to continue to increase, and could double in our lifetime.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
I'll double dog dare them to extend my life by a factor of 2.

Growing new organs on scaffolds is a neat idea. However, it was not stated how long that takes. One could die before the new organ is ready for certain ailments. I suppose rich people will have a bank of new organs grown and at the ready, just in case.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
The rich always have the money to act as test beds for practically anything, and everything. They are also the ones willing to pay a premium for the privilege. Whenever the first plasma, or LCD, TV came out, they stimulated the market by paying a high price for them. Same thing with computers, so why not body parts.

That is how the 'supposed' free market is supposed to work. Once the investment/production costs are paid for, the price quickly drops, and the market can then take off.

That's how the economic world works.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Human Life Extension John L 0 674 12-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Last Post: John L