Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out the Quick Thinking Soldier
The perps were caught shortly and are in Abu Ghraib.

http//gojackarmy.castpost.com/156.html
Palladin Wrote:The perps were caught shortly and are in Abu Ghraib.

http://gojackarmy.castpost.com/156.html

Good, I hope we put panties on their heads.
yeah and a bra to make it official torture. That ought to get the pussy lefties in a real stir. Allah Akbar my arse! Wink1 :roll:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
i thin I finally understand what "Allah Akbar" means!

"stay down.

God, F-ing PLEASE stay down!

don't get up! no no! aww shit, man. hes getting up..."
[Image: 760.png]
Reflect on this one for a moment. These snipers were videotaping their attack which puts them in that Marcinko category of terrorists who always keep diaries and document their least small trivial actions for posterity. A low level street-gang sort of shooter would've just shot at a convenient target and run away - these guys wanted to show what they did to someone else. So what were they doing? Building a resumé for al Qaeda? Trying to score points in a socio-political hierarchy?

If they were sent to Gitmo, then they probably were in "the family" so to speak, and we may glean some useful information from them. Think of the psychological gamesmanship we have to play with them... Hey Towelhead! here's your video of your lost valor and honor... Wanna explain what you were thinking when Allah decided you were no better than a dungbeetle and allowed your target to get up, shake off your flea bite, and drop heaven and the angels on your head? Do you want us to broadcast this to all the other guests here at Club Gitmo? Do you think they will admire you as great heroes or laugh at you as the buffoons that Allah decided you are?
i wonder why they did not aim for his face...
ghoullio Wrote:i wonder why they did not aim for his face...

'Cuz they are dumbasses.

BTW, good point there Will.
Quote:i wonder why they did not aim for his face...
Unfortunately, the next time they might.
but that's weird, isn't it?

these guys are blowing up kids. why are they aiming for our chests when they know we have armor?
ghoullio Wrote:but that's weird, isn't it?

these guys are blowing up kids. why are they aiming for our chests when they know we have armor?

1. They are dumbasses.
2. They need a bullet themselves.
i was reading a blog where a soldier was killed in Mosul the day before this incident and he was shot through the heart. apparently, Sniper activity is a bitch, and they don't always catch the guy. so it could be, these would be snipers are actually guilty of killing other soldiers or whatever falls in their cross-hairs.

this Blogger in the 1-24th infantry said of 15 snipers in the company, 5 have been killed and nearly all the rest have been wounded. that's some hefty counter-sniping, either that, or the guys are over worked...
G,

Snipers are always vulnerable and not only to counter snipers. They operate away from formations,so if seen,they are DEAD. They simple don't have enough firepower to keep a group of guys off of them when discovered,they work in teams of 2 only.

That's always been the lot of a sniper. Most famous sniper in our history succeeded in turning the tide of the battle to take Baltimore by shooting the british general on site,then he was immediately shot. Old story,concealment isn't that easy in a city with 2.5 MILLION inhabitants.
That was our biggest concern in Laos. My team had two pair of 'surgeons', and luckily we did not lose a single one in the entire year I was there. The key is to recon your area thuroughly and set up so that when you take your shot, you are as far away as possible. And second, You have to have two escape routes, in case the enemy's reaction force blocks one of them.

Oh, and have an extraction plan set out ahead of time. If you have a good 500 metres of more, it is easy to blend in with the surroundings. Clearly, this team was operating at under 200 metres and were easy to spot. They were not very smart in my opinion.

And they were terrible shots. Note that the soldier, when hit, moves backward to his left in a spin before hitting the deck. A good shot would have hit him in the sternum and caused him to be forced backward evenly. Also, had they been experiences and had "talent" they would have gone for the head shot, aiming for the base of the cranium.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
They probably did aim for the headshot, or would take one if at all possible. However, how does a sniper go about zeroing out his scope in such a place? If they were poor enough shots to miss a headshot, then they probably had to center on the body and hope for a hit.
WmLambert Wrote:They probably did aim for the headshot, or would take one if at all possible. However, how does a sniper go about zeroing out his scope in such a place? If they were poor enough shots to miss a headshot, then they probably had to center on the body and hope for a hit.

Bill, you zero in your rifle in a perfect enviromnent of known distances. Most rifles are zeroed in where the piece is most likely to be used. For instance, a sniper will not field sight his 'instrument' in at 100 metres or less. Shooting at that short of a distance is suicide.

400 or 500 metres is a distance to shoot for. Once this is fine tuned to the shooter's style, he can move up or down the scale of adjustment. It's pretty easy, because he has practiced at varying lengths and knows where to adjust under almost any circumstance.

Today's snipers have some really awesome equipment now, such as laser range finger, and computerized scopes. I've never worked with them, but they are supposed to be great. I don't know what they can do for windage or movement. I guess some things are still left up to the abilities of the shooter.

As for the dufuses above, they were aiming for a body shot, and were off around six inches, hitting just inside the left shoulder, making it a glancing blow. That is why he got up so quickly. I Once caught a Soviet 7.62 mm round from a machine gun on a border clash at a GP along the Korean DMZ back in 1970.

The round hit me in the chest, picked me up and moved me back a couple of feet, where I slid down a hill head first. It litterly knocked the wind out of me, and I had a bruise on my chest for months. If that fellow had been hit in the chest, it would have been like being hit by a sledge hammer. He would not have gotten up like he did, because the wind would have litterly been knocked out of him.
H. L. Mencken
Yeah, that's what I'm saying... a buncha wannabes trying to score a video more than to score a hit. Their video camera was probably first-rate - even though their rifles weren't.
i hope hes got a ticket home.

do they give Purple Hearts for this?

and, since i don't really know, is the behavior of this soldier typical of our Armed Forces, or does this just seem special because it was actually caught on tape?
Y'all left out the best part of the story. The young troop who was hit dead in his SAPI plate treated the sniper's wounds upon capture - stopping the bleeding and ensuring he would survive to reach the detention facility.

256th BCT Soldier Survives Sniper Attack

Here's some info on insurgent snipers: Iraqi Insurgent Sniper Training
they shot him with a Dragonoff (dragunov?) sniper rifle from 75 yards...

does this mean these guys were just in training? 75 yards???

does anyone know of further footage of this incident? or does the tape stop there?
I would think that the tape is longer. And 75 yards(metres)? Hell, at that distance they should have been able to hit him with a rock. What amateurs!
H. L. Mencken