Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
global warming to cause an extraterrestial attack
Code:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/200769/20110819/alien-attack-nasa-global-warming.htm

It is mighty nice of NASA to take a break from their Islam-spreading objectives and warn us about a devastating war on Earth that Alien Environmentalists might be planning:

Quote:Scientists said Thursday that "extraterrestrial environmentalists" could become so angry about what we have done to the planet that they may see us a threat to the intergalactic ecosystem -- and take action by attacking Earth.

This should be taken seriously, and before it is too late we must dispose of the potential 5th column (earthy environmentalists) and those spreading panic in the face of the alien enemy (NASA "scientists"). S6
Sanders 2020

Until now, I was opposed to action on AGW, however, after reading this, I'm in.

Quote:Scientists said Thursday that "extraterrestrial environmentalists" could become so angry about what we have done to the planet that they may see us a threat to the intergalactic ecosystem -- and take action by attacking Earth.

On the other hand, the ET environmentalists might see anything we are doing that makes the planet more fertile in regard to recovering from the last Little Ice Age as proof that we are working for the good of the planet, and offer us membership in their galactic federation.

Stirthepot
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Why is this in the science thread?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
Seems the NASA affililation is an error:

Former Economist sci/tech reporter Oliver Morton chips in with this in comments, it seems a “horrible mistake” was made by the co-author. …But I do admit to making a horrible mistake. It was an honest one, and a naive one… but it was a mistake nonetheless. I should not have listed my affiliation as “NASA Headquarters.”

Note that the paper has been "peer reviewed":

Quote:Now the paper, peer reviewed and published in Acta Astronautica titled:

"Would Contact with Extraterrestrials Benefit or Harm Humanity? A Scenario Analysis"
and the complete paper in pdf format is h e r e.

Not all "science" is science, as most of us who are skeptical of the AGW "science" know very will.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

Quote:ET will kill us because global warming will tip them off that we are a bad species

There was some extra volcanic activity and CO2 bad in the dinosaur days.... Did the ET's come in and kill them too? --- definitely an argument for coming out in force and killing them first. S1
Sanders 2020

That would be hilarious if Dino poop methane caused global warming so they were exterminated by little green men.
Not hilarious, but settled science. S6
Sanders 2020

(08-20-2011, 01:18 AM)mv Wrote: Not hilarious, but settled science. S6

Some kook will be writing a SiFi novel about this soon.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710
Why leave this to kooks?

Let's write a Comedy Political SciFi novel here on the forum. The central plot line is this: the distinguished Uber-Scientist, Al Gore, learns in a dream of what happened to hapless dynos, and starts a world-wide effort to contact the little green men to repeat the exercise.... makes lots of talk money in the process ... does not expect to succeed or cares too ... but then a terrorist cell inside NASA, Hansen's Liberation Army, takes over the Hubble (culmination: a mann crashes heads of the resistors with a hockey stick -- describe graphically) and sends over the call for help....

Expand this sketch, fill in the details, publish, and make a load of $. S6
Sanders 2020

I like that Michael.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disaster Addiction And Global Warming John L 71 8,025 Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Last Post: John L
  Global cooling, er, I mean warming, er, wait...PT. 2 John L 520 147,842 08-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Last Post: WmLambert
  Positive News about Global Warming. John L 78 28,772 05-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Last Post: JohnWho
  Why Global Warming Isn't Consistant Buzz 39 24,179 10-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SFX
  Global cooling, er, I mean warming, er, wait... Lisa 1,668 673,334 08-23-2014, 06:13 PM
  Global Warming Nazis John L 134 52,901 07-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Paul In Sweden
  Science Fraud And Con Men: Diederik Stapel and Global Warming John L 0 1,622 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
  Global Warming Debate, Split From ANWR Drilling Thread Matrix 113 47,915 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: sunsettommy
  Death By Global Warming John L 12 8,993 01-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Last Post: jt
  Catholic church warns of global warming quadrat 9 6,015 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Palladin