Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Dumbasses Enable The Jackasses.......
.....and we always lose more of our Liberties.

Here is a great example just waiting to happen. And Obama is going to allow the GOP to do the dirty work for him. Don't let anyone tell you that Jackasses aren't smart: Obama floats plan to tax cars by the mile.

Quote:The Obama administration has floated a transportation authorization bill that would require the study and implementation of a plan to tax automobile drivers based on how many miles they drive.

The plan is a part of the administration's "Transportation Opportunities Act," an undated draft of which was obtained this week by Transportation Weekly.

This follows a March Congressional Budget Office report that supported the idea of taxing drivers based on miles driven.

Among other things, CBO suggested that a vehicle miles traveled (VMT) tax could be tracked by installing electronic equipment on each car to determine how many miles were driven; payment could take place electronically at filling stations.

The CBO report was requested by Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-ND), who has proposed taxing cars by the mile as a way to increase federal highway revenues.

Obama's proposal seems to follow up on that idea in section 2218 of the draft bill. That section would create, within the Federal Highway Administration, a Surface Transportation Revenue Alternatives Office. It would be tasked with creating a "study framework that defines the functionality of a mileage-based user fee system and other systems."

The administration seems to be aware of the need to prepare the public for what would likely be a controversial change to the way highway funds are collected. For example, the office is called on to serve a public relations function, as the draft says it should "increase public awareness regarding the need for an alternative funding source for surface transportation programs and provide information on possible approaches."

The draft bill says the "study framework" for the project and a public awareness communications plan should be established within two years of creating the office, and that field tests should begin within four years.

The office would be required to consider four factors in field trials: the capability of states to enforce payment, the reliability of technology, administrative costs, and "user acceptance." The draft does not specify where field trials should begin.

The new office would be funded a total of $200 million through FY 2017 for the project.

Here is what is so absurd about all this. The Jackasses claim to want citizens to turn to more efficient automobiles, through government approved four wheeled roller skates. But these vehicles would get much better gas mileage and revenue would suffer. So, in order to gain more revenue, we must be "Damned if we do, Damed if we don't", by being punished no matter which way we turn.

Naturally, the Dumbasses will see this, and knowing that the Jackasses led with it, will scream bloody murder, and it will not be approved under Obama's tenure. But eventually the GOP will gain control of not only the congress, but the WH as well. And in their zeal to show the power elites, and dinosaur media, that they are nice guys, they will revisit this proposed affront to our liberties.

This is exactly what happens all the time. Jackasses propose, and Dumbasses dispose, thinking they will get the credit for acting like Jackasses. That is why they are really Jackass-Lite. And they don't realize that they are screwing themselves and the rest of us, because they are true Dumbasses.

And people wonder why I am so critical of the GOP? You wait and see. This is eventually going to happen, no matter how idiotic, and the odds are the Dumbasses will lead the charge, in an attempt to make this more palatable to the citizens. Then when the Jackasses take over, they will add to it to the point where we will lose our liberty to move around as we wish.

Jackasses will be the big winners, we will be the big losers, and the Dumbasses will get the blame for it all.

Hey, Stupid is Forever!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -
poor cry baby. your pay insurance by the mileage, and the premium depends on your profession, and gender, and the place where the car is registered, and 100 more variables. it's fine when businesses do it. have you ever suggested to pay a flat rate to them, or is flat good only with taxes?
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
Having seen part one of Atlas Shrugged, rereading the book, and also reading book six of the Sword of Truth series, it is evident that the masses will always believe what they are told. The liars first accept the lie then spread it. They will minimize the personal rewards that drive them to push the lies, but they will get behind them and push until the lies are accepted.

Competing against stupidity and avarice with truth seems a losing proposition most of the time. Ayn Rand said that for truth to prosper, the lie must be exposed for what it is - usually long after any easy solution can fix things. Whether it is Rand's looters who see the light only after their faces are rubbed in the cost of their stupidity, or Terry Goodkind's Imperial Order that says good-sounding things to gain acceptance, unless defeated militarily - it is the same battle we see every day.

Stupid things can always be re-described in terms that obscure and disguise, lending strength to its existence. It is the job of journalists to see through this and set things right. It was the corruptive machinations of John Dewey who set up our eduction system, and by extension, new journalism. He believed Marx and Engels before Stalin proved them wrong - and embedded redistribution and class warfare into our learning system. What we see today is the evil result of that initial plan. The only fix comes after our collective faces are rubbed in it and the education is changed.

We are not there yet, but must extend ourselves to repeat, seemingly endlessly, the truth that will stand after the brainwashed see the light. It is too easy to blame the "inbetweeners" who don't have all the answer - but at least know something is wrong. Many push the lie, some nibble around the edges, and some see the truth and try to balance the rest. It is an unending struggle that should not be sloughed off as impossible or vain.

Argue the truth where it will do the most good to be seen. Try to change the hearts and minds of those who have the pulpit but don't quite get the drift yet. Condemning them may vent your spleen but does little in the actual battle.
Bill, by doing the Tango, all around the topic, but not answering the main point, you are validating my premises? The GOP is the single biggest enabler of the Democrats, when the Democrats are unable to get what they want. All they have to do is just set things in motion, and leave it to the GOP to open the door for them.

Now, tell me I am wrong here.

And when are card carrying Republicans finally going to 'get it' and stuff the party leadership into the nearest mass energy converter? And if this doesn't occur, when are you guys going to make like a tree and leave?

Bill, the GOP is as worthless as tits on a warthog. When are you guys going to realize this? Hell, I came to this conclusion fifteen years ago. And you are a pretty smart guy, no matter how hide-bound and myopic. But I will grant you someone with all the patience in the world. I'm just trying to understand when you are finally going to say "Enough Already"!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are wrong. The GOP does have enablers, as does the Democrats, themselves, and the media. So what? There are also good people in both parties and in the media, who are outflanked and out maneuvered by those in power who are propped up by a complicit media. You continually throw out the baby with the bath water with a wide attack on everyone, because the system is rigged against the ones with the best answers. Get over it, The battle is to enhance the position of those who think as we do, even though they are not yet in the best position to succeed.

Yes, we must point out the errors of the stodgy elites who fear their own shadows to retain power - but never lose sight of the goal to lift up those with the true vision to lead. Michelle Bachmann and her like have never been stronger - but still are not in charge. Do you want them to rise to the top in a party that has lost all its power? How does that help us?

Strategic thinking is as lost an art as is Classic Liberalism. The ideas are right, but the proper way to uplift them to the public is lacking. I dunno... I read history, and have lived through enough of it to see us repeating the same things that gave the Democrats their power. Stalin, Mussolini, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Saddam, Obama and others rose to the top as charismatic leaders who only followed the faith of pragmatism. Some Charismatic leaders, like Reagan, held strong to philosophical fundamentals and rose to the top. The problem now is that a complicit media can squash charisma before it can ascend. It uses noise in the system - and cries that all GOP are feckless losers are what they depend on to do their hatchet work.

When Boehner trumps Bachmann, it is because he sees a fragmented base behind her and therefore doesn't fear it. He can always see a lock-step media that will give him the confidence to err. If you want to support goodness and light - be a GOP supporter who PREFERS the ones we want and disagrees with the ones we don't. The Democrats have done that for eighty years - I call it the wink and nod. They all know the only way to cling to power as a minority of the population is to ignore their difference and form a collective of dissimilar parts that can outvote a majority of fragmented individuals. The extreme environmentalists will vote for Obama if he ignores their demands, because they believe he is still their best chance to keep the power and work from within to change his mind. He may be a lost cause - but they don't care. They understand that the only way they will ever succeed is if the party endures.

They succeed as our strongest thinkers have too much pride to think strategically. "My way or the highway" does not work. It turns a society into nomads. Work from within is the best strategy - but it seems too elusive for far too many to accept.

You came to a wrong decision 15 years ago, and have formed scar tissue around the thought. Far from me being the myopic one - I see the GOP for what it is and see it must be changed. You ignore it as a pest and don't even attempt the hard job of uplifting it into something we can be proud of.

Clinton won the Presidency with only 43% of the vote, because Ross Perot pulled 19%. What has Nader ever pulled? 3%? The lesson is obvious. We need better candidates and the better candidates need to be propped up against a Democrat-leaning media. You want the Michelle Bachmanns or the Gary Johnsons to win nominations? then the grassroots must be there for them. Throwing a snit and sitting out the small skirmishes is what loses the big battles.
Reading all that only made me think of this:

[Image: demotivational-posters-billy-mays-here.jpg]
[Image: cb051711dAPR20110518024519.jpg]
Here is just another example of why the GOP enables the Dims. Miss Nancy claims that Speaker Boner has gone to the "Dark Side" , and what do we hear from the Dumbasses? Are you deafened by the silence?

Don't the Democrats rebel at the first sign of negative words against, and don't they always talk about civility that should always be shown?

They(the GOP) should be out there just raising holy hell, as the Jackasses would certainly be doing. Perhaps that is why the Dumnbasses don't fight back. They have been cowed into hiding from the opposition?

You guess on that one.
Well, gas tax (for it's purpose) is quite unfair as people can avoid it with alternative fuels.

In my state, the schools get a hefty % of the gas tax. I end up paying more (or less) to the schools than other people. I don't even have any school-age kids.
"If people weren't so hypocritical, they would donate more of their time and their money to directly help their causes. Instead they want the government to force me to give them my time and my money." - Catpiss, The Great
Here is another great example, in the making.

Quote:President Obama has requested a joint session of Congress next week to deliver his jobs speech directly to lawmakers.

In a letter to congressional leaders requesting the Sept. 7 slot, the president said he will urge Congress to put aside politics and focus on creating jobs during the 8 p.m. speech.

Naturally he expects the Dumbasses to put aside politics, so he can play politics of his own, and prove that the GOP is both Gutless AND Stupid enough to go along with this, and then cower in the corner.

And I have no doubt that were the shoes reversed, there is no way in hell the Jackasses would even begin to go along with such a request.

So look for Speaker Boner to toe the line, and let himself be led by the ring in his nose. I could be wrong, and Boner could actually grow a spine, but somehow I doubt it.
A good GOP instant rebuttal would be in order here. Not someone like Boehner or McCain, but a real, knowledgeable business person with some charisma for a change. Limbaugh gave a great State of the Union rebuttal once for the GOP. Jindal gave a rebuttal, but he lost all backing for himself as a leader due to his lack of charisma. What he said was fine - but how he said it lost his audience. Maybe Paul Ryan. Maybe Jon Kyl. Romney would work - but he's running - so his appearance would be more than a rebuttal.
Bill, the very first thing a Democrat leader would say is, "No, we are not going to be forced into making exceptions to the rules, and allow the president to gain a political advantage over us."

But a GOP leader would ask for a delay, so he could consult with his favorite political shaman, in order to read the entrails, and see which is the safest way to jump. Speaker Boner sent a letter asking if the President could possibly wait one more day. Perhaps he is worried his shadow will jump out in front of him.
Well, wonders never cease. See how easy it is?
I liked the point someone made that "what if the President's speech was opposite the Republican Presidential Debate, and the debate got better ratings..."

Otherwise, I'm with Boehner on this -

First, if "jobs" are really an urgent priority, why wait so long to address the issue

and, second, why then attempt to schedule the address to Congress on a day that has a political conflict?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
At least the Bamster was able to get the NFL game set After the speech. That way Buzz can salivate over the speech, and then be on a 'blue collar' high when he switches over to the game. S13
If the speech is long and delays the game too much, BH0 will be in trouble.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
No problem there "jt". He does Everything via Teleprompter, so he has it down to practically the second.
There has been many times in my life where I wish I had a teleprompter. School presentations, the NCO promotion board, etc. You'd at least expect that if we have to suffer without in our daily lives, he could do so here and there, assuming he knows his stuff.
Let's hope we don't get in a war in which an EMP explosion renders teleprompters ineffective. The poor lad would not know what to do or say.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
No one would hear a speech from him anyhow, God Willing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Jackasses Being Jackasses" Thread John L 394 163,509 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: John L