Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wealth is what you save.
It would be nice if everyone in the country would read this article and understand it.

Unfortunately, most would do neither.

Wealth is what you Save, not what you Spend: http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/...=ad0035&nc

Quote:"It is seldom luck or inheritance or advanced degrees or even intelligence that enables people to amass fortunes," the authors wrote. "Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline."
It would be nice if everyone in the country would read this article and understand it.

Wealth is what you Save, not what you Spend: http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/...=ad0035&nc

Quote:"It is seldom luck or inheritance or advanced degrees or even intelligence that enables people to amass fortunes," the authors wrote. "Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline."
Pixiest Wrote:It would be nice if everyone in the country would read this article and understand it.

Being from Kalifornia, perhaps you could send this article to Governor Moonbeam, and his assistant, Gavin Newsom? Or perhaps you could send it also to your congressperson, who is most likely a Jackass?

It probably wouldn't do any good, since they worship at the alter of Keynes. The religion of Keynes is great in that what you realistically do in your private life, you are not required to do when you are playing with other's money. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710
Pixiest Wrote:It would be nice if everyone in the country would read this article and understand it.

Being from Kalifornia, perhaps you could send this article to Governor Moonbeam, and his assistant, Gavin Newsom? Or perhaps you could send it also to your congressperson, who is most likely a Jackass?

It probably wouldn't do any good, since they worship at the alter of Keynes. The religion of Keynes is great in that what you realistically do in your private life, you are not required to do when you are playing with other's money. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710
Well, I was just thinking that if they read this article and "Got it" some of the Soak The Rich atmosphere might evaporate.

After all, the point of this article is that people who are rich are the one's who are NOT constantly running out and buying fancy things.
Well, I was just thinking that if they read this article and "Got it" some of the Soak The Rich atmosphere might evaporate.

After all, the point of this article is that people who are rich are the one's who are NOT constantly running out and buying fancy things.
the silly girl has discovered a platitude. if you at long last learn to live within your means, you could be a good foster parent.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
the silly girl has discovered a platitude. if you at long last learn to live within your means, you could be a good foster parent.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
I would never be a foster mom again. It literally turns your house into a government building, not a Home.

I have always lived within my means. Well within my means, actually. Most of this article could have been written about me.
I would never be a foster mom again. It literally turns your house into a government building, not a Home.

I have always lived within my means. Well within my means, actually. Most of this article could have been written about me.
Or myself. I don't get paid much, but damn if I don't make it all go a long ways or just let it sit in my accounts.

I think the chief thing that people have a problem with is self-discipline: why bother when there is no incentive to with anything else, much else saving money or not buying anything?
Or myself. I don't get paid much, but damn if I don't make it all go a long ways or just let it sit in my accounts.

I think the chief thing that people have a problem with is self-discipline: why bother when there is no incentive to with anything else, much else saving money or not buying anything?
In a period of minor inflation, wealth is what you save. However, in a period of strong inflation, it is better to spend your money as soon as you get it on things that you need or that will have lasting value.

But, probably the intent of the saying is to make people NOT increase their debt, which is truly destructive when it comes due or you have lost your job.

One should be very stingy with debt, and save when it makes sense, which is most of the time.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.