Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sci Fi & Fantasy Free Access Sites
Here is a great page, accumulated by Gizmo, where SciFi fans can obtain free books and audio, on line. It's really quite extensive.

Free Science Fiction & Fantasy Books Online
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Some good sites there.

Thanks.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
avaxhome.ws
That's a great site. One of the very first places I go when I am looking for something.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

awesome. they have some of my favorites too. S1
of course I already have the actual books of my faves, but I suppose it's a good link to remember if you're on a long trip away from home and forgot your book at home.

Quote: “A society that puts equality… ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality or freedom…a society that puts freedom first will, as a happy by-product, end up with both greater freedom and greater equality.” --Milton Friedman
relax. it's only the internet!
Avaxhome has a Huge membership, which participates in practically everything. Only Demonoid has them beat.

I have a Nook and a Kindle; I should have a ball with this information. S22
Avaxhome.ws really is a great place to find pretty much anything. There you will find you will need a download program, such as FileServe and FileSonic. There are many others, but Avaxhome members tend to be partial to these two, since Rapidshare has stumbled over the last couple of years.

But Demonoid.me is THE place to go for practically anything: especially books. Usually you can find a book almost immediately as soon as it reaches the market. If I'm looking for the latest David Weber, John Ringo, or other big time novelists, I can rely on finding them at Demonoid.

But you have to be a member, and you can only become a member in one of only two ways. One, you can get admitted by a member's recommendation; and two, about every 30-60 days the site opens for the general public, but only for two or three days, usually on a weekend. You have to keep going to the site and checking out the top right hand of the front page, and seeing if registration is open. And if it is, you had better register right then, or it may be too late.

Here is what it says when it is closed to the public, which is about 98% of the time:
Quote:User registration
Registrations are closed. If
you have an invitation code,
click here

Oh, there is a third way: by word of mouth. That is why we rely on members to tell us when registration is open. But if you have automatic sign-in, as I do, its impossible to tell.

Anyway, if you are an avid reader, you absolutely Must become a Demonoid member.

I'll keep a eye on open registration. Thanks! S22
(09-04-2011, 08:41 AM)Green Wrote: avaxhome.ws

"G", have you ever read "Roadside Picnic", by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky?

This might be interesting to you, John. I am going to look in to it myself.

Ebook Online Converter
(01-13-2013, 07:57 PM)Grizzly Wrote: This might be interesting to you, John. I am going to look in to it myself.

Ebook Online Converter

Yeah, that's one of several Grizz.

Here's the one I use on a regular basis. Zamzar is quite easy to use. You just open the file you want converted, give them your email address, and they will convert the file to what you want, and then notify you via email where the page is located. You go there and quickly download the converted file.

There's also Free File Converter.

And there's also Convert.files.

I'm sure there are others too, but I use Zamzar nowadays. I can convert a bunch of files, and then go to my account location and download all of them at the same time.

Thanks! I'll look in to it. S22

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medieval/Fantasy Movies Gunnen4u 19 11,924 06-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Aurora Moon