Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis Found?
Might be. How may other ancient traditions that we consider mythical today might be fact based?

HERE
Plato talked about Atlantis, I think. Next we'll find Sasquatch.
[Image: 760.png]
Better articles here and here, Reuter's writeup contains a couple of idiocies.

Do note, however, that Plato was the only person ever to mention Atlantis and he called it an island.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

mv Wrote:Better articles here and here, Reuter's writeup contains a couple of idiocies.

Do note, however, that Plato was the only person ever to mention Atlantis and he called it an island.

Bingo! And that is why I will continue to go with Thira/Santorini as being the site of the tale.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Reading MV's more detailed links,it seems altogether reasonable to think that what they see may have been an island 2500 years ago.

The reason I think Atlantis is plausible is because Plato was not a frivolous figure,if he reported X,it is reasonable to assume he believed it to exist,IMO.

The other view is it was a joke of his. IMO,Plato wasn't that type of guy to associate himself with what he knew to be a joke or lie.

Doesn't mean it was real,but,to me ,he definitely believed it was.
(03-12-2011, 09:48 PM)Palladin Wrote: Might be. How may other ancient traditions that we consider mythical today might be fact based?

HERE

More than we think.... As for Atlantis, I had always suspected the city was associated with the Megalithic Culture in some way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  atlantis yet again mv 3 787 01-06-2021, 09:49 AM
Last Post: mv