Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What etnic group does this guy belong to?
[Image: indian-photos-7.jpg]

I have no idea why the image does not show. But you can paste the address into your browser and see it.

It is purportedly a picture of an Amerind. It certainly does not look of Mongolian or Asian descent. Rather, he appears to be European. I could show other examples too from this collection.

Does this support the idea that some early settlers of NA were European?

Edit - How's that? - JW
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
jt Wrote:[Image: indian-photos-7.jpg?w=500&h=720]

I have no idea why the image does not show.

I do Wink1 here:

[Image: indian-photos-7.jpg]

Quote:It is purportedly a picture of an Amerind. It certainly does not look of Mongolian or Asian descent. Rather, he appears to be European. I could show other examples too from this collection.

Does this support the idea that some early settlers of NA were European?

Or later settlers. It is reasonable to assume that the post-Columbus settlers fiddled the natives.
Sanders 2020

Actually, there are Asiatic influences here. The eyes are more almond shaped. But more importantly are the zygomatic arches, which are higher amongst Asians. The fellow in the picture has high arches(cheek bones).

I'd like to know where this fellow's tribe was located. The closer to the east coast, the more Caucasoid the traits, due to the unofficial numbers of Europeans who made it to the New World thousands of years ago, via the Iceland/Greenland glacial highway. If you study North Eastern tribes, you will find far more Europen influence in early groups, such as Algonquian, Iroquois, and others. There you will see definitive European traits, such as prominent and jutting noses, squarer mandibular angles, and lack of certain cranial suture traits found among Asians(Metopic Suture.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it" - Jonathan Swift, 1710
Actually, the fellow in the photo looks very Amerind-ish to me. His facial bone structure is very close to the standard. I'd guess his complexion is also. While the hair coloring is on the light-side of the standard, the hair is straight and not curly or wavy. A close-up of the eyes don't really show any epicanthric folds - but if they did, they are also common among Native Americans and Inuit.

If I were looking for anatomical landmarks, I'd check for dry vs. wet ear wax.
Only his nose is not indian.
A semitic trait. Maybe he is of jewish descent. Maybe he could get a free trip to Israel...
What--one of the "lost tribes of Israel?" That should make Mormons happy.
I don't think a jewish tribe moved to north america 3000 years ago.
The only sea they have crossed was the red sea when the tide was low enough to go by foot.

No. I was thinking about some gold brokers, jewelry resellers making business with them, and then have some relationships.
They could have crossed the Bering Sea land bridge, when sea levels were lower. Though they would have had to have crossed all of Asia and Siberia to get to it--then dodged polar bears as they crossed, to finally migrate down the west coast of Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. That's a long way to walk!
The nose shows as a normal Amerind trait. Nothing there to stare. Move along.
There were also some photos in the collection wherein the people looked even Celtic. Perhaps I should go back and try to find them.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
jt Wrote:There were also some photos in the collection wherein the people looked even Celtic. Perhaps I should go back and try to find them.

Perhaps you can provide a link for us.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
What does a Celt look like? They inhabited England before the Anglo-Saxons took over, and I assume the two racial groups mainly merged with each other. The only picture I have of Celts is from videos of the music performing group, "Celtic Woman." Those ladies are pretty good looking! Sound great, too! And they're always so cheerful--great performance techniques! S1
You need a color photo for Celts. They painted themselves blue, didn't they?
I think that was the Scots--and they only painted half their face blue. (At least Mel Gibson did in Braveheart.)
Ron Lambert Wrote:What does a Celt look like?

[Image: asterix-obelix.gif]
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Thanks for bring the Frogs into this Pepe. Wink1

Incidentally, I have several of Uderzo's renditions. I forgot which ones I have, but they are interesting, in their rendition of history.
The current day French are as much a mixed bunch as the present day English. Successive migrations of people mean that the Celtic Gauls, a la Asterix, have been much diluted. France takes it's name from the Frankish germanic peoples that settled in Gaul, just as England takes its name from the germanic Angles.

Modern day Celts are only found at the fringes of Europe in Brittany, Cornwall, Ireland, Scotland, The Isle of Man and Wales.

But there may well be Celtic blood amongst the Native American, legend has it that Prince Madog ab Owain Gwynedd sailed to America in 1170.
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Yeah, there are all sorts of legends, including one out of Ireland. I think there is much to this too. There is just too much Caucasoid characteristics in and among the early northeast Indian tribes to be coincidence. More correlation in my opinion. But most of this had to have come much, much earlier than that, perhaps even before the Clovis Comet event. But clearly there is a strong similarity with Clovis and Solutrean cultures.

I suspect a sea/ice highway during the ice age, when it would have been far easier to have reached the new world for Neolithic Europeans.
more
[Image: indian-photos-2.jpg]
[Image: indian-photos-5.jpg]
[Image: indian-photos-11.jpg]
If you compare the zygomatic arch(cheek bone) of the first fellow, with that of the next two, you can clearly see that his is higher than the other two. He looks more asian, more like MesoAmerican or South American populations. The other two definitely look more Caucasoid.