Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How cell phones kill
Not by radiation but by distraction accidents:
Drivers using cell phones killed 16,000 people from 2001 to 2007.

This article also explains how the financial crisis helped save lives. Obama is not that bad after all.
Clearly we need a ban on cell phones. Perhaps there is a government entity who is willing to create the necessary regulation to help save lives.

Well, what do you know..?

Quote:The U.S. Department of Transportation has proposed banning the use of hand-held cell phones by interstate commercial truck and bus drivers.

The proposed safety rule would prohibit commercial drivers from “reaching for, holding or dialing a cell phone while operating” a commercial motor vehicle, the DOT said.

“Every time a commercial truck or bus driver takes his or her eyes off the road to use a cell phone, even for a few seconds, the driver places everyone around them at risk,” Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said in a recent DOT statement. “This proposed rule will go a long way toward keeping a driver’s full attention focused on the road.”

How can they regulate "reaching" for an item in a person's car? Is reaching for something covered in the Constitution?
[Image: 760.png]
Being able to look around is also dangerous. Pretty girls should be forbidden to wear sexy clothing. Road sign advertisements are dangerous too. Drivers should be required to wear blinders.

And for that matter, using the car stereo requires the driver to look away from the road, so that too should be removed

How about even eating, or drinking, in the vehicle? That too is dangerous and should be regulated out of existence.

This is so much better than just making the offending person, who causes a accident, to be held responsible for his/her actions. After all, only the State knows best what is good for the lowly peons who benefit from the all knowing benevolent politicians and bureaucrats.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
JL Wrote:Pretty girls should be forbidden to wear sexy clothing.
I almost made a crash more than one time because of this. S1
Fred: I once saw an attractive couple and almost crashed because I was trying to figure out if I should stare at the boy or the girl.

In any event, as libertarian as I am, I *do* think it's incredibly dangerous for people to drive and talk on cell phones at the same time. I'm fine with it being a ticketable offense.

I don't think cell phones as a whole should be banned, just that people shouldn't yack and drive. I've seen too many retards in SUVs almost smoosh me whilst yabbering away.
John L Wrote:Being able to look around is also dangerous. Pretty girls should be forbidden to wear sexy clothing. Road sign advertisements are dangerous too. Drivers should be required to wear blinders.

Half-measures that may save some lives but not enough to eliminate the danger.

IMHO, only blind drivers should be allowed to drive.
Sanders 2020

mv Wrote:
John L Wrote:Being able to look around is also dangerous. Pretty girls should be forbidden to wear sexy clothing. Road sign advertisements are dangerous too. Drivers should be required to wear blinders.

Half-measures that may save some lives but not enough to eliminate the danger.

IMHO, only blind drivers should be allowed to drive.

Either that, or perhaps something like Flo(Think Progressive Insurance), with the client, on the holographic motorcycle. We can all pretend we are driving and do whatever we really want to do, all at the same time. S6
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
About Coronavirus - “Suddenly I begin to understand why Charlie gets so excited over taking a walk outside.”
Then the government would regulate our imaginations...
[Image: 760.png]
Pixiest Wrote:In any event, as libertarian as I am, I *do* think it's incredibly dangerous for people to drive and talk on cell phones at the same time. I'm fine with it being a ticketable offense.

I don't think cell phones as a whole should be banned, just that people shouldn't yack and drive. I've seen too many retards in SUVs almost smoosh me whilst yabbering away.
you think that's bad? here they do it on motorbikes. or drive with an open umbrella when it rains, with one hand on the handlebar. beyond retard, actually.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
ghoullio Wrote:Then the government would regulate our imaginations...

Don't think for one momen.......................................................... Shock
Pixiest Wrote:Fred: I once saw an attractive couple and almost crashed because I was trying to figure out if I should stare at the boy or the girl.
In your case the danger is double! Shock

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid Cell Phones, Smart Phones John L 0 838 09-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Last Post: John L
  What a choice: bee stings or cell phones jt 15 4,860 04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Last Post: John L