Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China to surpass the US by 2012
WSJ.

Good job, Obama Wink1

Now, will the US stay in the top ten by the end of the 2nd Obama's term? Wink1
Sanders 2020

Good. Let them become infested with Progressive douchebags who won't stop at nothing in destroying their country. Maybe if we aren't number one the world will aim its Idiot Ray somewhere else for awhile.
Why "Good job Obama"?
It's not his fault if you all became lazyass relying on automated devices to deal with your clients and on asian outsourcing for just everything an automated device can't do in the US.
And that the only remaining jobs in the US are real-estate trader, attorney, insurer, and, ...I almost forgot, gun seller.

Chinese on the other side, are working their a$$ off because they know that at the first loosening down their hyperinflated asset bubble is going to burst.8)
No, the problem is that China can employ slave labor while we charge a premium for the work we do. Except for agriculture, then it's okay for us to use slaves...
That's why I don't take very seriousely talks about "China become stronger economicaly than the US" and such craps.
Because a country where 80% of the population earn a wage of the level of slave labor is not an advanced country even if their GDP or whatever other stat tells otehrwise.

I don't know if your employ slave labor in agriculture in the US but I guess they are still not treated as animals.
Fred, you're thinking of how a nation is wonderful because everyone lives so nicely and eats nice, and is warm when it's cold and all sorts of soft, nice things we have.

They don't need that to surpass us. They just need to be stronger and want to be stronger, for in strength lies control. They have a different purpose than creating a Beaver household for 1 billion people.
Ok, but the purpose of being stronger is to live better. Isn't it? Or do you mean, that, no, these poeple don't care how they live, they are all fanatics working for the glory of their nation with the scraficie of their own wellbeing?

Aren't you american enough to know that this model doesn't work?

The only part of China which is realy powerful is its developed part, the rich poeple and their new technology (aerospace and stuffs) which cost almost the same as ours.
Not the billion of lowcost labor which has no power neither localy nor internationaly.
So to increase their power they better develop the side which looks like the West and live and spend like the West(and that applies to the military too).
Like usual, you make exaggerated assumptions.

No, they are not fanatics.

No, the gov't doesn't care too much about it's people there.

No, living better doesn't mean stronger. If they have military and economic clout more so than we do, they are more powerful. People in Holland for example, live far better than the average Chinese do, yet, who is more powerful? China. Case closed.

And China doesn't need total development, it has enough for massive industry. All it needs from rural areas is manpower, which of course they have massive amounts of.
Quote:Looking further ahead, China could account for almost one quarter of the global economy in 2020, compared to 15% for the U.S. and 13% for Western Europe, or the 15 original European Union countries that include Germany and France. India, meantime, is expected to have 8% of the world’s output in ten year.

funny how you arrange statistics to look good. it's no longer western europe, but the european union twice the size, the integration of balkan and former soviet countries continues, eventually even russia might join or it will be subdued by europe. neither you nor china is #1. europe is the by far largest economy, with the highest standard of life, with european technologies setting the world standards. while you and china can rival each other to control the means of destruction, europe controls production.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
I agree with Q, There is no such a thing as Western Europe. You have regions were poeple earn more and other where they earn less and the latter is rather on the east of the EU, but there is no clear definition of such region anymore. For example Slovenia is an East-European country but the way of life and cost of life is the same as in Italy.
Today the EU is by far more important than the concept of Western Europe which doesn't realy exist anymore.
Yeah, poeple still earn less in Poland than in Germany but that's just about it and nothing else.

China will amount for a 1/4 of the global economy?
And so, what? Shock
If some stats shows that China is x% of the global economy, and is ahead of us by some econometrics, fine.
As long as our living standards don't decrease I can't care less.

After all it's normal for any normal nation to develop an normal economy and live normaly. I don't see why Chinese or Indians should stay poor for the next 10,000 years.
I'm glad for these poeple if they can live like us or almost like us, in decent conditions. Even if it's more than one century later than the West.
I think a case can be made that "slave labor" impoverishes a region.

It enhances the wealth of the slaver,but,the general society is economically diminished,IMO.

I have the US south compared to the US north in 1860 as evidence. That's not definitive,but,the US south did not emerge from impoversihed circumstances until the late 1960s.
Sure, but destructive means are key here.

Pal, and who managed to maintain a standard, control gov't, and enjoy some wealth? A few folks who used the system to control it and take over others eg wealthy white plantation owners.
Right,but,it was detrimental to the overall society,it held down the advancement of the southern wealth base.

That's why I think slavery would do this to China or anyone else unless most everyone got to hold slaves.
Gunnen4u Wrote:Sure, but destructive means are key here.
right, they are the reason you are fading away. your military-industrial complex chokes all the other industries and technologies off, and erodes freedom in your own country. your foreign policy is a failure, unpopular, threatening. there is a great hostility towards america all over the world.
quadrat Wrote:
Gunnen4u Wrote:Sure, but destructive means are key here.
right, they are the reason you are fading away. your military-industrial complex chokes all the other industries and technologies off, and erodes freedom in your own country. your foreign policy is a failure, unpopular, threatening. there is a great hostility towards america all over the world.

You're kidding right...you can argue too much is being spent on defense, but choking is poor choice of words. Considering the US defense sector built GPS, the Internet, and the computer, I don't think "fosters" or "pioneers" is a bit more appropriate than "chokes"
gps, one of my favourites. expect your next id card to be a small chip implanted in your body, communicating with the satellites. your wife, boss, wal-mart, and the government need to know where you are at any given moment. but that's not all inventions of the american military, is it? didn't zuse invent the computer, who worked for adolf? well, obama stated that americans invented the automobile, and who am i question that.
Yeah, Americans invented the auto-mobile as much as al-Gore invented the Internet. 8) ROTFLMAO
quadrat Wrote:gps, one of my favourites. expect your next id card to be a small chip implanted in your body, communicating with the satellites. your wife, boss, wal-mart, and the government need to know where you are at any given moment. but that's not all inventions of the american military, is it? didn't zuse invent the computer, who worked for adolf? well, obama stated that americans invented the automobile, and who am i question that.

RFID isn't anything new or cutting edge...crossed with GPS, yes, it can track any movement. In case you didn't know, that tech is already leveraged in your passport (assuming you're from the US). I believe this was implemented in 2006. and relax...if the "big brother" wants to track you, it can be done through dozens of commercial devices we all already use.

btw, whats with the tangent? none of this has anything to do with the defense sector "choking" the economy off as you claimed earlier. What I was saying, is that the defense sector is the incubator for all types of cutting technology
The chances of RFID being used in conjunction with GPS to be scanned via satellites is zero. Remember that an RFID chip has no power source and must get it's power from the reader. To come from a satellite, to earth and generate a signal strong enough to reach space again, doubt you would live through it. Of course your death makes tracking you much easier.
[Image: SalmaHayekcopy.jpg]
Palladin Wrote:I think a case can be made that "slave labor" impoverishes a region.

It enhances the wealth of the slaver,but,the general society is economically diminished,IMO.

I have the US south compared to the US north in 1860 as evidence. That's not definitive,but,the US south did not emerge from impoversihed circumstances until the late 1960s.

And honestly that was probably to do an ailing jobs market. My Father in Law always talks about the great migration of Yankees into the South. The weather is more consistent out this way and less Federal intervention in some areas.
[Image: 760.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Singapore, Hong Kong surpass US in competitiveness John L 35 7,953 09-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Last Post: Monsieur Le Tonk