Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you Reading?
I thought I would start this thread,......sort of like a "What are You Listening To" sort of thing.

I'll start off by saying that I just located the last trilogy of the Ian Douglas "Semper Mars" series, which is about the Marine Corps in the future. So far, there are three trilogies, with the "Inheritance Trilogy" being the latest, and perhaps the last. It includes "Star Strike", "Semper Human", and "Galactic Corps". I located it right here,(a torrent program is required) from Demonoid.com. Demoid is a good place to get things, because they are very strict about not allowing the members to even think about adding bugs, tracers, or other stuff, which can screw up one's computer or do any spying. Great reputation.

The books are in pdf format, so they can be read on just about any computer, or book reader.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

The first, Heritage trilogy, is located right here. The entire download contains many authors, and you can pick and choose what you want, when you activate your torrent program. One of the title numbers, under "Luna Marine" is numbered wrong(it should be '03'), but it is still one of the three in that trilogy.

Here is The Legacy Trilogy, which is the second three in the series. If you go 2/3s down the page, you will find the "Download this Torrent" button.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

"Hellhound on his trail". Well researched book on King and Ray. By Hampton Sides.

Ray was so much like Oswald it's weird. 2 very small potatoes losers who murdered famous leaders. That's why conspiracy theories live,it's hard to agree such an insignificant loser can take down folks many see as heroic.
Right now reading

The Financial Lives of the Poets
by Jess Walter

It's hilarious. The great American great recession novel. Don't miss it.
finally managed to get dawkin's the god delusion. quite trying for me for its sophisticated english. should be a must read for anybody trapped in religious illusions, and a must read on any american school and university. maybe even in churches, so that people can make an educated decision.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
Quad,

Does it concern you that Dawkins admitted on film he believes there is probably a god of creation? It just isn't the one of the Bible he says.

I reckon it's Zeus or maybe an old English god they did human sacrifices to.
the book also deals with a lot of misquotings of famous people who were atheists, but according to you, believers. taken out of context, or said in a cynical or satirical meaning. read it to understand the functioning of natural selection, which is not chance, but the very opposite.
There are plenty of recorded quotes by idiots. No one needs to make anything up.
it's actually the stupid people who fall for religion. the better intelligence and education, the weaker the faith. don't worry, you'll keep your customer base.
quadrat Wrote:it's actually the stupid people who fall for religion. the better intelligence and education, the weaker the faith. don't worry, you'll keep your customer base.

So what is your anchor "Q"?

anchor? that's one of your collectivist thingis to herd people, isn't it?
Usually, it keeps boats in place.
They're heavy,too.
I just got Heart of a Dog by Bulgakov and Dr. Zhivago by Pasternak. I have the audio book, and the movie of the latter and I am unwilling to start the show till I have read the book.
Ugh.

I'm on book 5 of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Book thirteen comes out November 2nd and I had hoped to make my way through the series by then. I started reading this series when I was in elementary school, but I thought I needed a re-read before the next to last book comes out. Its not going to happen so i may have to wait till January to get the new book...
[Image: 760.png]
ghoullio Wrote:Ugh.

I'm on book 5 of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Book thirteen comes out November 2nd and I had hoped to make my way through the series by then. I started reading this series when I was in elementary school, but I thought I needed a re-read before the next to last book comes out. Its not going to happen so i may have to wait till January to get the new book...

Wait a minute. You were in elementary school, in the early 1990s? I thought you were older than that.

I'm 31. The first book came out in 1990 I think. I was 11, i remember picking the book over the other ones because it had a cooler cover.
ghoullio Wrote:I'm 31. The first book came out in 1990 I think. I was 11, i remember picking the book over the other ones because it had a cooler cover.

Somehow I thought you were older. Sorry.

Sigh,...what I would give to be 31 again.

You can have it. The thirties seem to be all about paying for the stupid mistakes I made in my twenties.
ghoullio Wrote:You can have it. The thirties seem to be all about paying for the stupid mistakes I made in my twenties.

We all make stupid mistakes when we are young, and still proceed to continue, only with less regularity as we age. The neat thing is to be young enough to correct them and still apply what is learned.