Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming war Against Israel
General Vallely tells PajamasMedia that it looks like Iran, through Hezbollah, is about to launch a preemptive strike against Israel this summer. And even more worrying is that it will include chemical weapons. If this is true, we are about to enter a very dangerous situation, where the US is losing it's ability to steer things out of danger. But due to the current administration, and the economic trouble the US is in, it will be pretty much helpless to do anything about it.

Former U.S. General Warns of Chemical Attacks Against Israel

This is very troubling.

Thoughts?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Should they use chemicals the Israelis should use their nukes to finish the problem.
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
Well, there is more to it than just that. There are two ways to approach this. First, from the bottom up, they could go all out against Syria/hezbollah, and go after them, as completely overrun both territories, finding the leadership of each, and killing all of them. Get rid of the Shiite leadership in Syria, handing the majority Sunnies reins of power. SA would really be grateful for such an action.

Second, from the top down, go after the Russia-Iran connection. Make no mistake, this is being orchestrated by Russia, which is attempting to ballance power there Against the US. They know they are working with the bad guys, but power is more important to them than morality. Israel must find a way to make Russia pay such a huge price for their helping Iran, that they halt it. And also Israel must go after Iran in such a manner that if Iran just thinks of hitting Israel in the future, they will shutter from fear.

Only the later approach is going to work. Performing the former is nice, and Israel will 'feel' good about it, but it will not really solve the problem. And of course, there is the Obama regime to consider in all this. YOu can bet your arse Obama will be squawking bloody murder over anything Israel does in order to protect itself from harm. Obama is anti-Jew, something the Ashkenazis are not able to comprehend.

Of course, just for the sake of argument, Israel could move a Dolphin sub to the east coast, and send a nuclear tipped cruise missle to DC, and eliminate a lot of problems from the outset. Since Israel is not a signatory to the NonProliferation Treaty, absolutely none of her nuclear material is on file with anyone, so the nuclear signature is not traceable. All nuclear material leaves a signature, which is recorded on file, just as all nuclear submarines have a propeller cavitation signature, which is unique to each vessel. That is how the US Navy knows which submarine is which. Same with nuclear products. Israel nuclear material, along with Pakis, and perhaps some others, in not traceable: no markers.

That would solve our problems in a big way. Naturally I am using the hypothetical here, because it is going to drive Buzz balistic, and into orbit. He has probably already turned me in as a serious security danger. I should be hearing from the FBI real soon, just by remotely suggesting this, and that is what it is: a suggestion. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I wonder what the US would do if Israel retaliated with Nukes against a Chemical attack? Probably destroy Israel...

A war, while being a war, often solves alot of things in the process. It would also show Obama to be inept, weak, and stupid.

There is a reason we have a strong hand in the Middle East, and he is giving it away. I suppose the removal of it by him could be a good thing if it allows things to finally come to a head.

Israel has become somewhat soft-handed in alot of ways and often it seems the real national drive isn't there like it used to be. I can imagine the decline, since most of the old guard that actually experienced the truly frightening prospect of being defeated totally is either in a Coma, Dead, Dying off, or sitting in a retirement home shitting themselves.

I suppose with Netanyahu in Gov't again, the nationalism is starting to real it's head again. If a war comes, it'll certain be another reminder that Israelis can never become soft, never become weak, and always be ruthless. We might see a new guard rise to the fore hopefully.
I believe it is time the Israelis strike fear in the hearts of all Muslims by using a small nuclear weapon against Syria and southern Lebanon.
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
If chemicals are used and it is demonstrable,Israel can get away with a small nuclear retaliation,IMO.

Israel's problem isn't chemicals though and I don't see the Hezz being that stupid.

This strategy of attrition is their problem.

Hezz and Hamas both are too smart to do a frontal conventional assault. IMO,they will reign rockets down on Israel like flies as well as doing some conventional assaulting,then stop when the pressure is too much.

Israel already proved to Israel while the IDF is fine,the state does not have the wherewithal to successfully occupy southern Lebanon(or anywhere else with people) and southern Lebanon won't again contribute a force to assist the Israelis in controlling Syrian and Iranian proxies.

The dishonorable withdrawal precludes that ever happening again. If I was investing,Israel is the state I'd bet against existing in our lifetimes.

Of course I believe in God's sovereignty and if He wants Israel there it will be,but,impirically,Israel is going down,just a matter of time.
Palladin Wrote:If chemicals are used and it is demonstrable,Israel can get away with a small nuclear retaliation,IMO.

Israel's problem isn't chemicals though and I don't see the Hezz being that stupid.

There is no doubt in my military mind that Hezbollah will use chemical weapons in a NY minute. No matter what they do, if Israel retaliates in kind, they will scream bloody murder, and most of the UN world will wag a finger at the "disgusting" Jooooos.

Quote: Hezz and Hamas both are too smart to do a frontal conventional assault. IMO,they will reign rockets down on Israel like flies as well as doing some conventional assaulting,then stop when the pressure is too much.

Patrick, you are mixing up crafty/devious with smart/intelligent. Wink1

Quote: Israel already proved to Israel while the IDF is fine,the state does not have the wherewithal to successfully occupy southern Lebanon(or anywhere else with people) and southern Lebanon won't again contribute a force to assist the Israelis in controlling Syrian and Iranian proxies.

Who said anything about occupying Lebanon, or Syria? I was suggesting they go into the china chop, destroy all the bad crystal, ensuring the perps are DEAD, and then withdrawing. And also leaving a strong message: "Want more of the same? Try this again."

Looks Jews are always going to get the blame, regardless..................... So forget the repercussions; just go in and do what you need to do. Then get out, and keep your ear plugs in place. Screw the rest of the world. When they are willing to move in there and put up with terrorism, then don't pay them any heed.

Look, if Iran directs hezbollah, and Syria, to go after Israel, in order to beat them to the pass over the nuclear issue, the later will gladly do such. And don't think, for one moment, the current regime in Iran will hesitate to do so. There is a very weak president in the WH, and Russia, along with Iran, really want to push the envelope, just to see how far they can reach. Do not doubt me on this.

John,

I don't underestimate the ability of these people,I think your disdain for them causes you to.

Further,the IDF proved a couple of years ago,going in and teaching them a lesson isn't quite as easy as you made it sound like. Many observers think Israel lost the tactical battle by displaying their own weaknesses last time.
Patrick, the weakness of the Israeli was a weakness of Will. If hezbollah uses chemical weapons, even the Jewish bed wetters will be clamouring for an all out attack on them.

JohnL Wrote:Second, from the top down, go after the Russia-Iran connection. Make no mistake, this is being orchestrated by Russia, which is attempting to ballance power there Against the US. They know they are working with the bad guys, but power is more important to them than morality. Israel must find a way to make Russia pay such a huge price for their helping Iran, that they halt it. And also Israel must go after Iran in such a manner that if Iran just thinks of hitting Israel in the future, they will shutter from fear.
I can imagine what Israel might do to the Iranians, but what they could do to the Russians is beyond my ken. Could you elaborate?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
jt Wrote:
JohnL Wrote:Second, from the top down, go after the Russia-Iran connection. Make no mistake, this is being orchestrated by Russia, which is attempting to ballance power there Against the US. They know they are working with the bad guys, but power is more important to them than morality. Israel must find a way to make Russia pay such a huge price for their helping Iran, that they halt it. And also Israel must go after Iran in such a manner that if Iran just thinks of hitting Israel in the future, they will shutter from fear.
I can imagine what Israel might do to the Iranians, but what they could do to the Russians is beyond my ken. Could you elaborate?

I really don't know the answer to that one. However, there must be some ways to covertly influence them. Sort of the 'carrot and stick' approach? Russia knows it is playing a deadly game with those who really hate them, and would turn on them any time they decided to. Surely they must realize that this could get them into long term trouble.

Plus, after the less than stellar manner Bush treated them, plus the horrible way this administration is doing, I would think Russia and Israel could do world class Tango together if they set their minds to it.

John,

Yes and that's why I think the use of any WMD by Hezz is exceptionally unlikely. I no longer think these Arabs are mindless idiots. Heck,the Iraqi resistance proved that to me.

Hezz proved to me a couple of years ago to be a heck of a lot wiser and more capable than Israel's traditional enemy. I bet money an Israeli security type would agree.

They were exceptionally well prepared defensively,fought very bravely,were well armed and at any moment could have become just civilians. That is a bad scenario for the IDF who have no friends in the area today,they screwed the ones they did have. In 1982 the majority of southern Lebanese approved of the Israelis,not anymore.

Was the IDF lacking in determination? I think the concensus over there is they fought the wrong war based on what I've read.
What about that large rocket supply the wise intelligent sensible Hezz has been accumulating?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
That's what I think Hezz would open any campaign with myself,EX any WMD potential.

Hezz can shoot rockets till the cows come home.
The No Ko's just called the US's and So Ko's bluff by sinking the SK ship.

The Iranians have gradually been upping the bet on nuclear capabilities and calling the US's bluff, by degrees.

So, I predict that Iran and or its Mideast clients will up the ante soon. What will the action be?

Here is the reason why.
Kraut is correct here. And dictators will continue to push the envelope until they go too far, which they invariably do. Patrick doesn't believe the Hez will use Chemicals, and I dispute this. They will do what they think they can get away with. It's a Given.

And as long as we let them mistakenly perceive they can do anything they wish, they will continue doing what they do(think Chamberlain and Munich). What is so hard to understand about all this?

Patrick and I are akin about all this occupation hooey. We should never have done this, because it is just too expensive and hurts our credibility. However, unlike Patrick, who thinks we shouldn't do much of anything, I believe we should be willing to kick ass and take names, but only when really necessary. Then we get the hell out of dodge, and tell onwatchers "Don't Intercourse with us, or you will get some of the same."

In other words, tread softly, but carry a portable Gatlin over one's shoulder.

John,

I still believe in kicking as.s and taking names,I'm just way more slow to agree to do it. Probably because I know we don't kick as.s and take names anymore and haven't since 1945.

Dictators will push the envelope,but,you're assuming they become stupid at some point necessarily.

Hitler refused to allow WMD to be used on US,USSR or UK troops,he refused to allow our POWS(US&UK) to be mistreated. For a good reason. He was not insane as you submit dictators must become. He was mean and "disgusting" to the core,but,never used chemicals on the allies nor mistreated our POWs.

Why didn't he,no human has ever been further outside of the societal conventions he was raised in than that man?
Palladin Wrote:Dictators will push the envelope,but,you're assuming they become stupid at some point necessarily.

I never said that. They become overambitious, and let perceived conquests cloud reality.

Quote:Hitler refused to allow WMD to be used on US,USSR or UK troops,he refused to allow our POWS(US&UK) to be mistreated. For a good reason. He was not insane as you submit dictators must become. He was mean and "disgusting" to the core,but,never used chemicals on the allies nor mistreated our POWs.

Again, I never said he was clinically insane. He was psychopath though. Huge difference. You are putting words in my keyboard.

The poisonous legacy of the chemical arms race

The Allies And The
Use Of Gas In WWII

Quote:Nerve Gas - the world's first three types of "Nerve Gas" chemical weapons were developed in Germany: Tabun (1936), Sarin (1938), Soman (1944), all many times more lethal than earlier chemical weapons. Unlike chemical weapons like Mustard Gas which injure and kill by burning skin and tissue, Nerve Agents, like the venom of Cobra snakes and scorpions, quickly causes a total and excruciating muscle paralysis that kills by paralising the muscles invloved in breathing.
The Allies knew nothing of this horrible secret German weapon, or the fact that the German artillery was already equipped with it, until after the war's end. The Germans on the other hand, didn't know that The Allies did NOT have any nerve gases, but assumed that they did, and therefore feared massive retaliation with similar weapons if they used their nerve gases, as Winston Churchill declared that if the Germans will use chemical weapons, he will order to "rain" the entire British stockpile of chemical weapons in retaliation. It was a "Balance of Terror" like the nuclear Balance of Terror during the post-WWII Cold War.

i'll miss israel. i am used to getting informed every single day of my life about this great country and it's awesome people, and how terribly they had to suffer in the past. it would leave a void in my mind.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
quadrat Wrote:i'll miss israel. i am used to getting informed every single day of my life about this great country and it's awesome people, and how terribly they had to suffer in the past. it would leave a void in my mind.

:lol: :lol:

You are so funny "Q". Are you holding your breath, waiting for that to happen?