Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth(Lies?) That Is Barack Obama
Quote:Ariz House: Check Obama's Citizenship

PHOENIX -- The Arizona House on Wednesday approved a bill that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state's ballot when he runs for re-election.

The House approved the measure on a 31-29 vote, sending it to the Senate.

It would require U.S. presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the constitutional requirements to be president.

Supporters say the bill would help settle a controversy over whether Obama was born in the United States.

Opponents say it's a waste of time that makes Arizona mocked by the rest of the country. Obama has released his Hawaii birth certificate proving he's a "natural-born citizen" qualified to be president.

What he provided was a Certificate of Live Birth, no mention where the birth took place.
The true purpose of democracy is not to select the best leaders — a clearly debatable obligation — but to facilitate the prompt and peaceful removal of obviously bad ones. 
Or whether Obama's mother was there at the time.

:?

Seriously, every State should have this law if the Federal Government doesn't require a candidate, for any Federal position, to show proof that he or she meets the Constitutional requirements.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Hey, there is nothing in the constitution, which states that the individual states may not do such. So, it is entirely up to the states, not the Feds or the candidates.

If that is what they decide to require, then more power to them. And remember, this also pertains to Everyone, not just jackasses.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hillary Clinton Is Like Herpes, "She Wont Go Away" - Anna Paulina
Well, at the very least, somebody should be checking this, that's for sure.
This is the first valid response to the Kenya question. The States already have the responsibility to confirm the candidates meet all Constitutional requirements before they are put on the ballot. McCain and all the third party candidates did provide the documentation needed, but Obama skated. Once the states reneged on their duty to vet the candidates, the only recourse after His election was impeachment.

What this action does is not just force His hand in 2012, it will force the States into due diligence. AZ will not be the only state that will require proper documentation this time. Even those who will not write a focused bill will probably not just pay lip service to checking credentials this time around.

States with a Democrat Attorney General will claim his credentials are not needed because he is a sitting President and has already established his right to run. All that is needed is one State to insist and all the rest will cherry pick the data. The MSM, as usual, is well behind the curve.

Behind the curve, over the berm, and into the ditch with their wheels off.
The only problem is that even if he was born in Kenya, he is still a natural US citizen, because his mother is a US citizen. As an Army Brat, had I been born in Germany, or Japan, I would still be an American citizen, and could be elected president.

Now, if there is something I am missing here, please let me in on it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
John, from what I understand, the Constitution requires a natural born citizenship - not naturalized, and at that time and place, because of his mother's age, and her lack of time and residence in the country, he would not have qualified: which is why it was so important to make it to Hawaii before His birth. McCain was born in the Canal Zone, which at that time was United States property, and did present credentials to all the states as per their written demands to each candidate. Obama just bulled his way through, and the States waived him by.

The second charge, which is the most valid in my opinion, is that Barack was adopted in Indonesia and changed his name to Barry Soetoro. Again, in that time and place, since Indonesia did not recognize dual citizenship, the earlier citizenship must be renounced. The law seems clear that if this happens, the adopted non-citizen must apply to regain his U.S. citizenship. I think this is more the reason Obama stayed away from documenting his citizenship, than his family claiming he was born in their presence in Kenya.

Also, when he filed for his bar exam, he lied by proclaiming he never had any other name - which is a felony. I don't know if that is one of the reasons He and Michelle both turned in their law licenses.

The Birthers always had good arguments against Obama being legally able to be President, but they were always trumped by His being elected and now only answerable through impeachment. 2012 is a new story.
I don't agree. What if his mother was going somewhere on vacation, and went into labour early, giving birth at the place of vacation? The child would still be a natural US citizen, because the mother, at least, was a US citizen. You show me where his being born in kenya, by a US citizen, disqualifies him. In my opinion, this argument is wasted effort. But if Arizona wants to require the birth certificate, they should be in their rights to require it. HOWEVER, I highly doubt they would win any legal argument about him not being a natural US citizen.
I believe the Constitution (Article II, Section I) states that to be eligible to run for President, a person must be a "Natural born" citizen, and not just a naturalized one. That is what made Kissinger and Schwartzenegger ineligible, and also why Stanley Ann Dunham would supposedly risk that plane trip to Hawaii when due.

Orly Taitz is a shill for Clinton, in this, and so is Berg, who filed the first lawsuits trying to discover what's what - but in his lawsuit, he documented the laws in play. His case was not dismissed due to cause - but because he did not have standing as merely a citizen.
John McCain was born in Panama,but,he's a natural born American citizen. Kissinger was born in Germany and became a naturalized citizen.

Obama doesn't have to be born HERE to be an American citizen. One of his parents had to be an American citizen. A kid born to US parents in Germany is still a yank.
His Mother was American. He has it by blood if he chooses so. Who gives a shit anyhow?
Palladin Wrote:John McCain was born in Panama,but,he's a natural born American citizen. Kissinger was born in Germany and became a naturalized citizen.

Obama doesn't have to be born HERE to be an American citizen. One of his parents had to be an American citizen. A kid born to US parents in Germany is still a yank.
What was contested in the lawsuits was that the parent had to meet the standards set forth to qualify a child for citizenship, and also for the child to be born in the country, U.S. embassies, or military bases. For the only citizen-parent to qualify, while in foreign lands, he/she had to reside in the U.S. a minimum length of time after reaching majority. Stanley Ann Durham did not meet those standards, so for Barack to qualify, he had to be born in the U.S.

What I think, is that the Indonesia adoption offers a greater challenge. For a renounced citizenship to be re-established requires a chain of paperwork, which I doubt exists.
WmLambert Wrote:I believe the Constitution (Article II, Section I) states that to be eligible to run for President, a person must be a "Natural born" citizen, and not just a naturalized one. That is what made Kissinger and Schwartzenegger ineligible, and also why Stanley Ann Dunham would supposedly risk that plane trip to Hawaii when due.

Orly Taitz is a shill for Clinton, in this, and so is Berg, who filed the first lawsuits trying to discover what's what - but in his lawsuit, he documented the laws in play. His case was not dismissed due to cause - but because he did not have standing as merely a citizen.

NO, No, No, No, no. The two above were first born as citizens of another country, BEFORE becoming legal citizens of the US. It does not make one hill of beans where a person is born, that makes that person a natural US citizen. What part about that don't you people understand?

Again, as a former US Army dependent, I have lived in many foreign countries, including Japan and Germany. They have babies being born there all the time, and by US citizens. The property is leased by the US Government, not property of the US. But the children born there, if they are born of US citizens, ARE US citizens naturally.

Obama's mother was/is a US citizen, and that is all that matters. Now, unless someone can produce documented proof that my thesis is incorrect, I will not give one inch here.

Prove me wrong Bill.
Gunnen4u Wrote:His Mother was American. He has it by blood if he chooses so. Who gives a crap anyhow?

Obviously a whole lot of folks, who are grabbing at straws. Wink1
It's over and done with, move the hell on people. There are more important things to skewer, than try and paint Obama as a non-citizen when the evidence is obviously there in the form of his hippei dead-beat white trash mother who happened to be a US citizen.
Gunnen4u Wrote:It's over and done with, move the hell on people. There are more important things to skewer, than try and paint Obama as a non-citizen when the evidence is obviously there in the form of his hippie dead-beat white trash mother who happened to be a US citizen.
No - that's never been the issue. Ann Dunham being a U.S. citizen does NOT qualify Obama as a natural-born citizen. The law suits were all about his Indonesian citizenship, and his traveling on an Indonesian passport in 1981.

The missed aspect of the Birther movement was always that he has already been elected, so only impeachment can remedy anything.

This is all about 2012 and the States requiring the law be followed this time around.
Unless he requested his US citizenship to be dropped,he is a natural born American. This whole issue shows how weak the conservatives are and I take NO pleasure in making that statement.

It's an embarrasment to the movement just like the truthers are to a reasonable liberal.
Palladin Wrote:Unless he requested his US citizenship to be dropped,he is a natural born American. ..

I believe that is the foundation of the claim that when he went to an Indonesian school, he (or his guardian due to his age) did exactly that in order to have him gain Indonesian citizenship.
Illinois Mayor Expresses Doubts About Obama’s Citizenship

This is the mayor of the city in which the ultra conservative U of I calls its home.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
IF his citizenship had been dropped gentlemen,it would be a paper trail as long as California.

Because it would have happened when he was a little boy,a conspiracy theory that he arranged the destruction of the evidence doesn't even start working.

The main line of the public conspiracy theory is that you needed to have been born in America to fit this requirement and that has never been true.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  President Barack Obama's Complete List of Historic Firsts [Updated] sunsettommy 2 737 05-29-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: WmLambert
  Obama Lies, JohnWho 16 3,786 08-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Last Post: John L
  What does the internet think about Barack Obama? sunsettommy 8 2,806 10-06-2012, 09:20 PM
  Barack Obama's uncle has been arrested and held as illegal immigrant Canuknucklehead 13 3,461 09-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Gunnen4u
  Barack Obama School closed due to fiscal mismanagement Canuknucklehead 3 2,130 03-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Last Post: JohnWho
  The Coming Resignation of Barack Obama? John L 13 3,935 06-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Last Post: jt
  7 Lies in Under 2 Minutes (Obama) scpg02 13 3,543 11-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  He's Barack Obama Canuknucklehead 6 1,947 06-22-2009, 10:09 AM
  Radical Muzzies worst nightmare! President Barack Obama! Thaiquila 8 2,298 11-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Last Post: fortaleza
  Barack Obama and Joe Biden's Plan for Universal Voluntary Pu scpg02 20 3,950 11-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Gunnen4u