Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Dumbasses Enable The Jackasses.......
(05-24-2015, 04:06 PM)John L Wrote: After all, its the only way to be sure.

Overly simplistic. Cockroaches will likely survive and flourish after a good nuking. I believe the same is probably true for politicians. The ones that are tenacious enough to survive are probably going to be the most rotten. Then what? Both Hitler and Stalin managed to have large swaths of their officer corps executed at one point or another ... do you think that ultimately did them much good?

I'm a big fan of incremental changes compared to waterfall models. You actually get to test small changes, find problems and correct them in an orderly way. The alternative involves sea changes where you bet the farm by committing time, money and resources in big discrete leaps and bounds and by the time you find the flaws, the consequences can be catastrophic ... usually it results in a series of desperate f**k ups trying jolt the project back on track. Look at the GOP face of the Senate over the last few years. The GrahaMcCain contingent is slowly shrinking (although, apparently, too slow for you) and the insurgents are gaining stature.

John L Wrote:Its not every day you get to see a freshman senator totally disrupt the US Senate. I can just hear the establishment Dumbasses wailing and threatening.

Those days are 'slowly' and gradually becoming more frequent. It's not perfection, but at least it's progress.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Dumbasses Enable The Jackasses....... - by mr_yak - 05-24-2015, 05:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Jackasses Being Jackasses" Thread John L 383 153,259 09-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: John L