Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Dumbasses Enable The Jackasses.......
(12-12-2014, 08:10 AM)John L Wrote:
(12-11-2014, 11:36 PM)mr_yak Wrote: Nobody's afraid of their own shadow or anyone else's John. But they're very afraid of tipping over the feed trough.

Ahh, by nitpicking the symbolism of the statement, you are admitting them to be cowards, but just not that big of cowards, eh? S13

And believe me, it has more to do with cowardice than just fear. Obviously its both, and the main reason why I despise them so much.

If by cowards you mean greedy, tipsy with power and corrupt ... then I guess OK ... there's a lotta yella ... on both sides.

(12-12-2014, 08:10 AM)John L Wrote: As for the Boner, he has the backing of all the rest of the DC Dumbass elitists. So do you really think he will be replaced by a bunch of "lowly ticks riding the dog"?

Do the math John ... 57 Democrats crossed the aisle last night to get that turkey done ... way more than the GOP plurality surplus ... plus a whole gaggle of new Freshmen that will be very pissed that they were denied the option of a budget deal next month. The Hastert rule applies here ... the only way around it is picking off a few 'rat votes. If this goes down the way I'm thinking, it will be a great show! Things went into double overtime yesterday to fix the miscalculation of the chose few ... and that was with far less wildcards. Those new wildcards are the entire reason that piece of legislation was prematurely enactulated instead of waiting till next year. The leadership got what it wanted ... but things will soon be a great deal more difficult. Reid is an SOB ... but he was a dependable SOB. McConnell is cut from the same cloth ... but he doesn't have quite the same monolithic clay to work with. No guarantee that things will change, but at least the uncertainty is a start.

It wasn't that long ago that Eric Cantor was considered totally invincible ... remember that John?

And there are precedents for shady aisle crossings when it comes to the election of the Speaker ... it wouldn't be the first time.

It's painfully obvious that the leadership is willing to lie to the caucus. That's not really a sound foundation for building any sort of monolithic block. It's much easier to play games with a narrow majority. But once the 'surplus' majority reaches a certain critical mass ... not so much. Newbies are going to be far more concerned about getting duped than somebody with one foot out the exit. This might actually start getting interesting.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Dumbasses Enable The Jackasses....... - by mr_yak - 12-12-2014, 09:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Jackasses Being Jackasses" Thread John L 394 162,066 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: John L