Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Dumbasses Enable The Jackasses.......
(11-20-2013, 12:52 AM)mr_yak Wrote: On the national level, sure Boehner stinks ... but would you really want Pelosi in that post right now?? Seriously? It's crappy to have to choose between bad and worse, but I think I'd prefer to stick with bad. There's at least some salvation in what the media likes to refer to as "the war within the GOP". As if a frank discussion of the merits of a big government vs a smaller more manageable government constitutes a 'war'. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of losing national races, but at the same time, seeing some of the crusty GOP barnacles getting challenged (and occasionally unseated) in primaries is nothing but healthy ... but I still think it would be far healthier for everybody to see some of the other parties barnacles scrapped away as well.

Jack, the problem with today's society here in the US is that we(that's you and me) do not expect, no do not demand, the most out of others,.....in everything we do. We are totally willing to accept mediocrity, as long as it pretends to be in the right direction.

I'm not doing anything that remotely pertains to my education. I make beautiful things for the design industry. But I expect the very best of myself, and am proud of Everything I make for customers. In other words, I take pride in what I do. When John Kelly makes a cornice, padded headboard, or anything else I do with my hands, you know damned well that it may not be the very best in the business, but it is second to none, Period!

So why should you and I NOT expect the very best of those who are supposed to represent us? And if you(second person plural) are willing to accept anything less than the best, what does that tell everyone about your standards? At least, that is how I judge this thing.

Quote:Regarding your ridicule item above, they're trying John ... they've voted dozens of times to repeal it or parts of it. Sure if you're sitting in a bucket of shit and you manage to flick away a single turd, you're still in a bucket of shit. But realistically, at least the House is still flicking ... while the Administration and Senate are trying to find new ways to fill up the bucket. I get so pissed off at all the Dem pundits that accuse the House of "not doing it's job" and only passing bills that they know will die in the Senate. The House has actually passed budgets for the last five years ... the Senate hasn't even seen fit to release one out of committee ... and the President's last budgets got exactly ZERO votes from either Dem or Republican.

No, they really aren't trying Jack. They are paying lip service to the issue, and masking their lack of intent. They simply love to vote to put themselves on record as opposing something, but have no intend on actually doing anything about it. And then when the rubber meets the road, and they are forced to take action, they head for the cracks in the flooring. Why do you think they hate Ted Cruz so much? He does more than practice what he preaches: he totally exposes those charletons for what they really are. They know this, and they hate him for it?

Are you really telling me that you don't see through all this political scam, and immoral political shysterism? Come on Jack, I know you better than that. These people deserve nothing but scorn for their hypocrisy, and double dealing.

Quote:It would be absolutely great to enact term limits and some fairly harsh lobby restrictions John, zero disagreement between us on that one ... it would go a long, long way toward drying up the big teet ... but first it's going to be necessary to dislodge the party of Robert Byrd. Still low odds of doing it once they're out ... but zero odds with them still in.

And making excuses, such as what Bill constantly comes us with, is going to solve the problem? Are you kidding me here? These people need to be ridiculed on a daily basis, and thrown out when they treat us like shit, by running again for office. The entire system they misuse, to keep themselves in power, needs to be torn out. And you don't accomplish all this by doing it from within. The system is just too big and cumbersome. You have to go in and rip it out, with them squealing and squirming all the time.

Jack, you know the Jackasses are your enemy. They make no bones about it. But your party has been lying to you, year after year, They cheat on you, screw around on you, steal from you, and then to add insult to injury, they tell you that they love you and care about you. And you are willing to keep putting up with it? Remember how your mom used to tell you about being careful of those with whom you associate?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Don’t confuse me with facts, my mind is made up” — Saint Al of the Gore -

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Dumbasses Enable The Jackasses....... - by John L - 11-20-2013, 09:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Jackasses Being Jackasses" Thread John L 394 162,066 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: John L