Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sistani Open Minded on Pope
Palladin,

I seriously doubt that deporting Muslims would do any more to win this war than interning Japanese Americans did during WWII. Deport them to where? The last time a large scale deportation of millions of people because of their religion and ethnicity was employed was during that same period ... by our enemies. Is that what you have in mind? Death camps set up in Mexico or something? While that might make some people feel safer (as it did with the Japanese internment) it probably isn't going to do squat to actually make us any safer. If every single American Muslim was an al Quada fanatic we would have seen untold horrors in the last five years. Other than the damaging schizophrenic effects of today's polarized politics we haven't seen much damage and we certainly haven't really seen the same carnage of 9/11/2001 in the last five years. Sorry, I just can't see the upside of vilifying an entire group of citizens because of the actions of a few criminals and maniacs. It sounds too much like the left's approach to gun control.

If you really want to stop the real villains here, it's not going to happen by persecuting a few million Muslim American citizens in this country and/or burning thousands of Mosques. Those 19 guys on 9/11 were not U.S. citizens. If they had it would have been a heck of alot easier and would almost certainly been larger in scale, scope and repetition. At the same time you are arguing for deportation you are most probably sending at least some of your cash to Saudi Arabia every time you fill up. Does that strike you as rational or sane?? The only real way to stop these guys is to dry up their funding. That is going to require rendering dependence on "cheap" ME oil irrelevant. Think about it. Would these guys be able to spread their poison without all that cash? Would they be able to build their suicide masadras in places like Pakistan and Indonesia with out seemingly endless bags of money? Would a bunch of moneyless migrant goat hearders been able to fund the 19 maniacs that infiltrated this country and turned our commercial aviation into kamikazee?

Like everybody else I'm glad that gas prices have gone down. But I have to wonder if it's a good thing. Something has to motivate us to reduce our need or increase our ability to produce by about 10-15% (Particularly the 10-15% that we depend on the Middle East for). It's imperative that we do this. But I'm afraid that once gas prices get back to about $2.00 we'll all bet fat, dumb and happy again. And that frightens me a heck of alot more than any American Mosque. I'm not saying that that there are not domestic dangers ... Padilla was one of them. But he was just a shoot of a plant that grows elsewhere ... and thrives on gas money. The sooner we can summon the will to send them on a path back to being nomadic goat herders ... instead of being cash flush jihad's exporters the better. That's what going to end this thing. Unfortunately I think it's going to happen later and not sooner. S4

The same goes for Iran. The less we use and the more we produce the lower the price. And a lower price weakens Iran and, more important, it's current leaders.

Messages In This Thread
Sistani Open Minded on Pope - by Palladin - 09-28-2006, 07:12 PM
[No subject] - by mr_yak - 09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
[No subject] - by Palladin - 09-28-2006, 10:30 PM
[No subject] - by Anonymous24 - 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
[No subject] - by John L - 09-28-2006, 10:36 PM
[No subject] - by Anonymous24 - 09-28-2006, 10:40 PM
[No subject] - by mr_yak - 09-29-2006, 12:06 AM
[No subject] - by Palladin - 09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
[No subject] - by mr_yak - 09-30-2006, 09:00 PM
[No subject] - by Palladin - 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM