AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums
CRU hacked: Climategate? - Printable Version

+- AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums (https://ai-jane.org)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://ai-jane.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Science (https://ai-jane.org/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: CRU hacked: Climategate? (/thread-9291.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

CRU hacked: Climategate? - mv - 11-20-2009

Here

- jt - 11-20-2009

The fall out will be interesting. Watch the denials, accusations, quotes published.

There are lots of other stories of pressure and data forging/manipulating. But this should confirm the bias.

- JohnWho - 11-20-2009

Lots of links to this all over the Net -

Climate sceptics claim leaked emails are evidence of collusion among scientists

Breaking News Story: CRU has apparently been hacked – hundreds of files released

While much of this is open to interpretation regarding exactly what was meant by what was said, overall it does imply an effort to manipulate and suppress evidence that would imply that atmospheric CO2 levels are not causing global warming, especially while it is cooling, and that man's contribution to the atmospheric CO2 levels is not the main cause of "climate change", either warming or cooling and it also implies that there has been an effort to keep scientists who do not buy into the AGW by CO2 concept from having their information considered.

- jt - 11-20-2009

Thank goodness for the internet and its hackers. Sooooooooo hard to keep a lid on things these days.

- mv - 11-21-2009

The Death Blow to Climate Science

- scpg02 - 11-21-2009

mv Wrote:The Death Blow to Climate Science

Written by Dr. Ball. Very nice gentleman!

- mv - 11-21-2009

Here is a thought: the hackers may be deserving of a Nobel Prize, or even two: Peace (AGW conspiracy is a threat to World) and Physics (assuming Atmospheric Physics is Physics).

Can we get them nominated?

- scpg02 - 11-21-2009

mv Wrote:Here is a thought: the hackers may be deserving of a Nobel Prize, or even two: Peace (AGW conspiracy is a threat to World) and Physics (assuming Atmospheric Physics is Physics).

Can we get them nominated?

I'm sure that system is just as corrupt.

- mv - 11-21-2009

Sure is, but I'm only talking about nominating.

Specifically, open a site for this specific purpose. For nomination in Physics, one needs petitions from academia (we can look up the exact requirements). For nomination in Peace, one needs politicians.

We can have real fun.... and perhaps do some good.

- Palladin - 11-21-2009

This is proof that AGW is at the very least tainted with academic ideology influences and not scientific research. We believe it is proof of more than that,my comment is of a neutral or AGW supporter.

- mv - 11-21-2009

WSJ

- JohnWho - 11-21-2009

From that WSJ article:

Quote:The picture that emerges of prominent climate-change scientists from the more than 3,000 documents and emails accessed by hackers and put on the Internet this week is one of professional backbiting and questionable scientific practices. It could undermine the idea that the science of man-made global warming is entirely settled just weeks before a crucial climate-change summit.

Of course, the AGW Alarmists are doing and saying whatever they can to trivialize this.

- Buzz - 11-21-2009

This doesn't really prove or disprove anything. I'm still waiting for the smoking gun.

Nat Silver has an intelligent take on all this:

I Read Through 160,000,000 Bytes of Hacked Files And All I Got Was This Lousy E-Mail

I found that graph at the end of the post to be very interesting. It looks like 2009 may end up being the 5th warmest year on record. Some how I suspected that when more data was compiled for this year that it would show that the earth has not been cooling that much or at all like all you deniers have been claiming.

- mv - 11-21-2009

Buzz Wrote:This doesn't really prove or disprove anything.

About GW -- you are right. Nothing new there.

About GW criminal conspiracy -- it proves its existence and shows its internal operation. This is something Wink1

- mv - 11-21-2009

As for the smoking gun, Times agrees with Buzz Wink1

Boston Herald == NY Times

Quote:“This is not a smoking gun, this is a mushroom cloud,” climatologist Patrick J. Michaels told the New York Times

- JohnWho - 11-21-2009

Of course Buzz doesn't want to admit that his "heroes" have been caught "adjusting" data to show what they want, restricting access to data which is protected by the "Freedom of Information Act", and manipulating the "Peer review" process and preventing dissenting views.

This is the only way they can "prove" GW is being caused by humanity, and many of the folks who don't think for themselves have fallen for it.

Heck, in that "hacked" data is admissions by the AGW supporting scientists that the science isn't settled. Not surprisingly, folks like Buzz will ignore that. "Al Gore says it's settled", so that's good enough for the Alarmists.

:lol:

- sunsettommy - 11-21-2009

Buzz Wrote:This doesn't really prove or disprove anything. I'm still waiting for the smoking gun.

Nat Silver has an intelligent take on all this:

I Read Through 160,000,000 Bytes of Hacked Files And All I Got Was This Lousy E-Mail

I found that graph at the end of the post to be very interesting. It looks like 2009 may end up being the 5th warmest year on record. Some how I suspected that when more data was compiled for this year that it would show that the earth has not been cooling that much or at all like all you deniers have been claiming.

Well sure there is no specific "smoking gun",but there are a lot of e-mails showing clownish behavior and some whispering on how to play around with the data.

It is far cooler now that it was in 1998,you are being absurd.

- JohnWho - 11-21-2009

Well, actually, the heat is up for the Alarmists, SST.

Perhaps that's what Buzz is feeling?

S2

- sunsettommy - 11-21-2009

By the way that chart is from GISS.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hansen has been nailed several time with his playing the temperature data.

- JohnWho - 11-21-2009

Now that you mention it, that "fifth warmest year" phrase sounds like it came from Hansen, too.

2009 probably is the fifth warmest as long as one uses manipulated, unverifiable data.