AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums
An Arab Civil War? - Printable Version

+- AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums (https://ai-jane.org)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://ai-jane.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: International Politics (https://ai-jane.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: An Arab Civil War? (/thread-733.html)

An Arab Civil War? - John L - 07-19-2005

This is a good article by an Arab American, who is talking about the coming Muslim civil war. I think that she may well have a good point, as it is becoming more evident that terrorists are killing ambassadors, Iraqis are not only turning in insurgents, but actually policing their own neighborhoods. And she is particularly hard on SA and Egypt.

Quote:Thus, they attempt to control fanaticism by promoting more fanaticism. In Arabic they glorify jihad, anti-Semitism and hate speech. Meanwhile, in English they promote a different agenda and appear moderate, even charming and sincere in their pursuit of balance and peace. But the balance that they pursue has maintained two extreme and opposite positions that result in further polarizing the West and the Middle East. This game is no longer working.

The genie is now out of the bottle. Terrorism, once a reason for pride and honor in Arab culture, is now out of control. Terrorists are now turning against the very governments that created them. And the governments of Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the Palestinian Authority will be destroyed by such terrorism if they do not reform very quickly. If the Arab world does not face reality with honesty, it could have to face a brutal civil war very soon.

She concludes

Quote:Will the Arab world see the coming danger and do something before it is too late? Will they end the political charade, dishonesty, anti-Semitism, culture of jihad, hate speech and incitement? Will the Arab league finally admit to a problem from within rather than a problem from Israel? Will they ever admit that their problems existed long before the creation of the state of Israel?

After these terror attacks on Western capitals, tourist visas and immigration to the West from Muslim countries must be stopped, at least temporarily. Perhaps that can hasten reformation since even terrorists love Western freedoms.

This is a nice article and should be read in it's entirety.

- Palladin - 07-22-2005

All who supported terrorists or ignored them in their midst are going to pay,INCLUDING AMERICA. Until 9-11,we ourselves ignored terrorist fund raising and motivation for anti Jewish jihad and for anti British terrorism by the Marxists of the IRA.

We've changed,thankfully so,I think the Arabs are in for a few deacdes of hell myself. We're the least of their problems.

- Seabird - 07-22-2005

John, do you think you could get Anwar over here to comment on this? I would be really interested to read his thoughts on the matter.

- John L - 07-22-2005

Seabird Wrote:John, do you think you could get Anwar over here to comment on this? I would be really interested to read his thoughts on the matter.

Go and invite him over. I don't mind. The more the merrier. If you have trouble, let me know and I will follow up on your initial invite, ok?

- Seabird - 07-22-2005

Awe man... I HATE being the Ambassador of Goodwill. It goes against my very nature. *grumble, grumble grumble...*

- John L - 07-22-2005

Seabird Wrote:Awe man... I HATE being the Ambassador of Goodwill. It goes against my very nature. *grumble, grumble grumble...*

Come on, do I have to wipe your 'bottom' also? You can do it, it is relatively easy. I do it all the time. But you are in serious need of practice, and I am in the 'delegating authority' mode. Wink1