AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums
Putin & All The Fine Young Cannibals! - Printable Version

+- AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums (https://ai-jane.org)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://ai-jane.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: International Politics (https://ai-jane.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Putin & All The Fine Young Cannibals! (/thread-595.html)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Putin & All The Fine Young Cannibals! - Nemerov - 07-13-2005

John L Wrote:Normally I would let Michael take this one, but I am being selfish and beat him to the punch here. It looks like the fearless leader Putin has stirred up the pot, outraging the European elitists by pulling something that only George Bush could do. I wonder if he will be castigated and have hundreds of political cartoons dedicated to his own lack of intellect?

Question: How many African societies have a history of cannabalization? And isn't this primarily found in South East Asia in and around Indoneasia? I wonder what the citizens of Borneo will think of this misplaced statement by Putin? Will they be outraged by the professional competition here?

Wink1

Sorry for the month-old topic, but i wanted to say that very much - Putin had never had any talent in speaking in front of TV-camera. He is really not a speaker. He often uses absolutely idiotic jokes and so on... I cant get it where the hell are his image makers?! BTW this makes his rating fall down and down with each day :?

- John L - 07-13-2005

Let's see, he is in his second and last term, if I am correct, right? Perhaps he is acting like the "lame duck", knowing that he will be leaving soon.

BTY, welcome Nemerov. Thanks for taking me up on the invitation. I think that you will enjoy your stay here and get to know some of the Russians we have here on the forum. Wink1

- Nemerov - 07-13-2005

John L Wrote:Let's see, he is in his second and last term, if I am correct, right? Perhaps he is acting like the "lame duck", knowing that he will be leaving soon.

True, Putin has to stay 3 years more. But many analytics (western mostly) predict his 3d term. Actually i cannot agree with them. I dont really think Putin will be popular enough by 2008. I am sure in only one person - M. Fradkov - prime minister. He is rather interesting man - by the way he was the boss of russian tax-police before it was disabled S1
Seems it would be a new russian tradition of president biography - Police (KGB) - Prime minister - President

Anyway all the competitors of our "Ruling Party" (No... that is not CPSU S1 ) are being destroyed right now - ex-prime M.Kasyanov is having some problems with the law now Wink1

John L Wrote:BTY, welcome Nemerov. Thanks for taking me up on the invitation. I think that you will enjoy your stay here and get to know some of the Russians we have here on the forum. Wink1
Wink1

- mv - 07-13-2005

Quote: ex-prime M.Kasyanov is having some problems with the law now

Which may be the new instance of the YUKOS disease... (Kasyanov expressed presidential ambitions...very unhealthy).

As for Putin's image and popularity: they are way above Eltzin's before his 2nd term, and Eltzin won those elections. That Putin went after Kasyanov shows that he is interested in the next elections -- a lot.

========

PS. Welcome aboard! S2 S2 S2