AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums
Democrats Hurting Themselves Again - Printable Version

+- AI-Jane Political, And Economic Forums (https://ai-jane.org)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://ai-jane.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: US Politics (https://ai-jane.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Democrats Hurting Themselves Again (/thread-2571.html)

Democrats Hurting Themselves Again - John L - 08-19-2006

In their race to increase their coffers, and lock up the presidential nomination early on in 2008, the Dems are engaging further on a path that will polarize itself, and lend more power to the Kook Left Fringe.   This is amazing.

By moving UP the primaries in more states, the only Dems, who will be interested this early will be the "so called" base.   What that really means is that the party is guaranteeing itself a more leftward move, rather than a more certerist positon.   This is a certain recipe for further erosion of it's party strength, and clearly shows that they are continuing to dig a further hole for themselves.

By the time that the majority of Democrats become interested, the party's nominee will have already been nominated and running hard to gather money that they are increasingly finding harder to raise with each election cycle, in comparison to the Republicans.   Now, the Dems will be relying more on the super rich, and less on the average citizen.   Republicans, on the other hand, have continually been able to raise far more amongst the citizenry, ie middle class.   This is nothing more than  a slow move away from the very membership that once helped make the Democratic Party what it used to be.   Further, those candidates, who are more akin to the middle of the road, will be forced to pander to the left, BEFORE going after the mainstream members, who are far form rabid.   Then, by the time of the nomination, they will have already dug a hole for themselves that will be increasingly harder to climb out.

This is terrible strategy for the long run.   Rather than moving forward state elections, the best actions for both parties is for them to be moving the time of the elections back, closer to the general election, where the parties are more closely resembling the mainstream party members.

- Anonymous24 - 08-19-2006

The Republicans have already dug a hole for themselves thats impossible to climb out of.

- John L - 08-19-2006

Anonymous24 Wrote:The Republicans have already dug a hole for themselves thats impossible to climb out of.

You silly young fellow. Granted, the Republicans have been irritating their base by going against the tide that Newt Gingrich started in 1994, but this will only prove to be temporary, even if and when they lose the House in November. That loss will galvanize the Repubs in 2008, and put them back on track. In case you have been in a cave for the last decade or two, the country is slowly headed back to smaller, leaner government, and decentralization. What has happened with Bush has been mostly the opposite, and THAT is what has the Republicans incensed.

However, if you are unable to see what is hapening within your Dems, you are surely blind or tone deaf from an intellectual POV. The Jackasses are unable to stop making that hole deeper.

Obviously the Left is unable to turn off their blind hatred and braying long enough to listen to the rank and file Dems. And this will slowly bleed more away from the party, and more dependence on the unions, and other special interests, AND the super rich. If you had only compared the charts back before the 2004 election( I have no ideas where it is now), you would know that the lion's share of contributions amongs the Republicans come in small sums, given by the average party member. With the Dems, that is not true. It is the rich and special interests, who are giving them the most money. And that is a severe shortcoming, because the membership is participating less and less over time.

- Anonymous24 - 08-19-2006

They are listening to the rank-and-file Dems. Take a look at the kinds of candidates they're nominating - blue-collar types who are relatively socially conservative. The Dems strategy is to use econonmic populism and try to stay away from the war and personal attacks against Bush - and its a strategy that could work, if they do manage to stay away from the things I listed.

- John L - 08-20-2006

Anonymous24 Wrote:They are listening to the rank-and-file Dems. Take a look at the kinds of candidates they're nominating - blue-collar types who are relatively socially conservative. The Dems strategy is to use econonmic populism and try to stay away from the war and personal attacks against Bush - and its a strategy that could work, if they do manage to stay away from the things I listed.

Whatever you say Anon. You and your kind are very wise here. With that wisdom in mind, attempt to explain future losses, with the rollback of Colectivist principles that have been accumulating in this country, which are totally against what the Founders envisioned.

- Anonymous24 - 08-20-2006

We'll see.

- John L - 08-20-2006

Anonymous24 Wrote:We'll see.

that is correct. However, remember this: I am an strategist, not a tactician. I look far out and see trendlines, and the trend is reversal of Collectivism,. Ruralism is again going to triumph over urbanism. Who gives a Continental Damn about the city and their rat like hovels. We are currently entering the beginning stages of the IT revolution, which is confirming Thomas Jefferson's vision of a distributed electorate, in which they are dispersed throughout the country.

This dispersion enhances several things. It enhances individualism, remote employment, technological innovation, less reliance on the Central State, and the reemergence of the "Self-Reliant Man". If you are unable to see this, then you do so at your peril. And obviously your Jackass party is in the dark as well.

My suggestion: go and read some H Beam Piper, perhaps one of the greatest SF writers in history. Go and obtain Space Viking, and Junkyard Planet. These are extremely rare and highly prized works, and you will read them over and over again. Piper was the consumate Classical 19th Century Liberal, and he GOT IT RIGHT, even in the 50s ande 60s. Plus he is a great read.

You are young and too impressionable for your own good Anon. I highly suggest that you read this SF master and then read some works from the Classic Liberal Masters. You are currently on the wrong track, and Collectivism is NOT the future. Trust me on this. Wink1

RE: Democrats Hurting Themselves Again - John L - 08-20-2006

Here is an excellent example of the Jackass Party in action, Collectivist Ideololgy and tyranny of it's members.   "You do what we direct, or you are Screwed."    "You do it OUR Way, or else!"    This is what the Jackasses think of Liberty and Individualism.     And you Dems think that the citizenry, as a whole, will embrace this over the long run?   GET REAL!!

Granted, " You can fool some of the People All of the time, and ALL of the People Some of the time.   But you can't Fool ALL of the people ALL of the time" -Abraham Lincoln

Thank you NY Times.   What a "Buggering" Joke!

Quote:Democrats Set Primary Calendar and Penalties
By ADAM NAGOURNEY

CHICAGO, Aug. 19 — The Democratic National Committee voted Saturday to penalize 2008 presidential candidates who defied a new nominating calendar devised to lessen the longtime influence of New Hampshire and Iowa, the two states that have traditionally kicked off the nominating process.

The sanctions will be directed at candidates who campaign in any state that refuses to follow a 2008 calendar of primaries and caucuses that was also approved Saturday. Any candidate who campaigns in a state that does not abide by the new calendar will be stripped at the party convention of delegates won in that state.

The party adopted a broad definition of campaigning, barring candidates from giving speeches, attending party events, mailing literature or running television advertisements.

Iowa will continue to start the voting process, with a caucus on Jan. 14. But under the new calendar, there will be a caucus in Nevada on the Saturday between the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary on Jan. 22. South Carolina will hold a primary at least one week after New Hampshire.

The penalties were adopted in response to threats by New Hampshire officials, who said they might defy the new Democratic calendar and schedule their primary earlier in the year or in 2007 to retain their long-held influence over the nominating process. The New Hampshire secretary of state has the authority to move the primary earlier to make sure it complies with a state law requiring that no state hold any kind of nominating contest within seven days of the New Hampshire primary.

- Independents4Bush - 08-20-2006

Once again democrats are shooting themselves in the foot. They have a blind belief of themselves and of the other side. The ultra left believes most people are as left wing as they are. They believe the other side is a party of the rich. This is what lead many democrats to put caps on the amount the rich could contribute to campaigns at the national level. Ofcourse most of the democrat donors are rich liberals like George Soros and the Hollywood types. Republican money is large but comes in smaller amounts. Thus the democrats got hurt.

I believe Howard Dean was behind this primary decision. People like him believe most blue collar Americans are as liberal as he is. He thinks that's the American people. Infact after the 2004 election he said working class people don't have enough time to vote because they stay at work late so only rich people had enough time to come out and vote for republicans.

This is right up their with Dean's comment that republicans never worked a day in their lives. This stems from the far left's belief (those in the left who truely believe what they say anyway) that working class people are left wingers who hate the rich and want to bring them down. Middle class Americans are working to reach the higher level of upper class which means they don't want the wealthy becoming over taxed since they see themselves in that bracket in the future or atleast their children.

Here's a big piece of advice to democrats. Quit with the class wars. Its one of the first things that turned me away from them. I certainly don't intend to stay in the same bracket all my life. I'm not leaving this earth without entering the middle class and surpassing it to reach the upper class so my children never have to go what I went through growing up. I came to the realization that democrats like me until I succeed then I'm labeled as evil. They'll tax me right back where they want me, lower class picking up the scraps they throw at me.

- b5d - 08-20-2006

I really have no idea where all of you are getting this from. As the NY times article clearly indicates, the DNC is threatening penalties so the states don't move the primaries forward.
Quote:The penalties were adopted in response to threats by New Hampshire officials, who said they might defy the new Democratic calendar and schedule their primary earlier in the year or in 2007 to retain their long-held influence over the nominating process.
As for the larger philosophical issues - if you think this is an issue of individualism, John, then I encourage you to excercise your individualism and cast your vote on December 7.

- John L - 08-20-2006

b5d Wrote:I really have no idea where all of you are getting this from. As the NY times article clearly indicates, the DNC is threatening penalties so the states don't move the primaries forward.

The point here is two fold. The Dems moved two more forward, but anyone else attempting to start the ball early, who does not have our sanctions, is going to be swatted down. I showed in another earlier post how states are being moved up, and here they are penalizing others, who don't play the timing game.

Quote:As for the larger philosophical issues - if you think this is an issue of individualism, John, then I encourage you to excercise your individualism and cast your vote on December 7.

Does this mean that if I drive back to Knoxville in November, I am out of luck? Shock

- b5d - 08-20-2006

Quote:The point here is two fold. The Dems moved two more forward, but anyone else attempting to start the ball early, who does not have our sanctions, is going to be swatted down. I showed in another earlier post how states are being moved up, and here they are penalizing others, who don't play the timing game.
That's exactly what this is - a timing game. They just wanted to switch up the order of which states go first. Ideally, you're right, it would have been better to move Iowa and New Hampshire back, rather than Nevada forward, but I don't think that was the point to change the overall distance between the two votes.
Quote:Does this mean that if I drive back to Knoxville in November, I am out of luck?
No, but if you, as an Individual, feel that your rights are being infringed by changing the election day, then I don't see how you would care what month you drive to Knoxville. You don't want to be constrained by schedules and plans, do you?

- John L - 08-20-2006

I fail to see the relevence of the apparent analogy there.

- b5d - 08-20-2006

They have to do what they can to plan the primaries as they see fit, which is their duty as a political party. Whatever steps they have to take to do that have nothing to do with the larger philosophies of individualism or collectivism.

RE: Democrats Hurting Themselves Again - John L - 11-07-2017

As if the Jackasses couldn't hurt themselves any more than they have in the past, all of the negatives are finally coming together, and it is not pretty for see.   Shock

SHOCK POLL: Majority of Americans Now Have Unfavorable View of Democratic Party

Keep in mind that this poll is a CNN FNN(Fake News Network) poll and most likely even worse than it appears.

Quote:This is what happens when you rig your own primary election, rather than let the voters decide on their own.

Favorable views of the Democratic Party are at their lowest mark in over 25 years.

From a new CNN poll:

Quote:Only 37% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Democrats, down from 44% in March of this year. A majority, 54%, have an unfavorable view, matching their highest mark in polls from CNN and SSRS, CNN/ORC and CNN/USA Today/Gallup stretching back to 1992.

The rating includes low favorable ratings from some core Democratic groups, including nonwhites (48%) and people under 35 years old (33%). The numbers come amid recent feuds and divisions in the Democratic Party, as former interim chair Donna Brazile's new book has unveiled new questions about infighting during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The results come as voters across the country head to the polls for local and mayoral races, as well as several key governor's races.

Bombshell allegations from former DNC Chairwoman Donna Brazile the that the Democratic primary was rigged in Hillary Clinton's favor is likely hurting Democrats' mainstream appeal. The vast majority of young Democratic voters supported Bernie Sanders and now no longer trust the Party's establishment. Tom Perez, the current Chair of the DNC, can't afford to lose young voters who have been critical in electing Democrats into office at every level.

Perhaps these statistics will serve as a wakeup call to the leaders of the Democratic Party, who continue to be in denial about why they lost the 2016 election.

Calling Republicans racists and leading the #Resist movement aren't enough to mobilize millions of voters to turn out for Democratic candidates. The left must come up with uplifting, unifying policy stances if they ever hope to inspire their large pool of potential voters.

But the left's actions and rhetoric over past year suggest that they remain as clueless as they did the day Donald Trump was elected.