Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed Traps
Tell us where you live and where to slow down.

St. Pete:

Just before the last mini-bridge on the Skyway (I-275) northbound about 1/4 mile south of Skyway Lane.

Slight OT: Park in the lines and feed the meter. The meter maids down here are pure evil.

Sarasota:

Anywhere in Gulf Gate. Clark Rd./Stickney Point Rd. offers a better view.

90% of all school zones down here are 15mph. If you're going 16 they can and will pull you over. They have crossing guards everywhere and they put cones on the road displaying 15mph!

When I was little the 6th graders got to be on the Safety Patrol...
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Where's Waldo?

Drive too fast on Rt 301 through Waldo, Florida, and you'll never forget where it is.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
What's that bridge between Tampa and St Pete that leads right to MLK boulevard at the Pete airport?

We left Tampa the other day,it was say 7 AM. Passed MLK like a fool and got lost in Pete.

Got ticked off,drove back to Tampa across that bridge,then turned around first chance in Tampa and drove back and I'm here to tell ya I meant to make that flight.

I was blowing doors off all over Tampa,wife was screaming,seagulls were scared,angels feared to tread and if a cop had tried to pull me over I'd have.....................pulled over.

I bet I did 90 easily both ways at times,darting in between cars every chance I got.
Palladin Wrote:What's that bridge between Tampa and St Pete that leads right to MLK boulevard at the Pete airport?

We left Tampa the other day,it was say 7 AM. Passed MLK like a fool and got lost in Pete.

Got ticked off,drove back to Tampa across that bridge,then turned around first chance in Tampa and drove back and I'm here to tell ya I meant to make that flight.

I was blowing doors off all over Tampa,wife was screaming,seagulls were scared,angels feared to tread and if a cop had tried to pull me over I'd have.....................pulled over.

I bet I did 90 easily both ways at times,darting in between cars every chance I got.

The big bridge over the mouth of of Bay is the Skyway -part of I-275.

The next bridge working our way north is the Gandy Bridge. That is the one near St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport (PIE) and MacDill AFB on the other end in Tampa.

Next on is the Howard Franklin -part of I-275. This is the bridge to take for Tampa International (TPA).

The last bridge is the Courtney Campbell that connects Tampa with Xenu :twisted:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
I was on the one going to (PIE). Red neck Nascar driving in Tampa Bay baby!
Palladin Wrote:I was blowing doors off all over Tampa,wife was screaming,seagulls were scared,angels feared to tread and if a cop had tried to pull me over I'd have.....................pulled over.
I see driving like that every day in T-town.
Usually young hispanics in lowered Japanese cars with a big wing on back and at least one body panel mising, and an exhaust system that sounds like a chain saw.
I'm sure your driving fit right in.
:lol:
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
[Image: 16-Police-Sergeant-Cop-Hides-Behind-Sign.jpg]

and right next to it and to funny not to post:
[Image: 3442902729_037a751577_o.jpg]
Birthday September 14