Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New McEnroe, to Drag Down the Sport into The Sewer
Serena Williams is single handedly trashing what respect the sport of tennis may have regained, following the McEnroe years. She has been disqualified, from the US Open, but that is not enough. She seriously needs to be suspended for the season, and levied a hefty fine, just for her barbaric manner.

If the Tennis authorities don't take bold action and establish a precident, which will discourage others from uncivil behaviour, the sport should expect to feel the revenue money slip away from them.

This is what the phrase "Ugly American" really means.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

McEnroe was worse because he was consistent,but,this was beyond nasty what she said to the lady. I'm glad they disqualified her,that's pretty strong.
Awful lot of racist comments in the comment section of that link.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Who,

The heart may be racist of the commentor,but,there is impirical evidence that the "ghetto" or as I call it "popular black culture" does motivate black youth to act like ill mannered bullies,talk like uneducated idiots and dress like mentally retarded goofs. It's not an easy chore for quality black youngsters to navigate the culture and not lose their "black card".

they also demonize education as "acting whitey".

Black culture is the lowest trash America has to offer. The overall culture ain't far behind. I hate our culture,I hate theirs. Both suck,theirs is even worse. At least ours doesn't demonize learning yet.

Bill Cosby buys what I'm selling. I reckon he ain't a racist,at least towards black folks.
Are we making an assumption that the Williams sisters came from a ghetto?

As some have pointed out, she somewhat acted like McEnroe. Don't think he was from a ghetto.

Just some observations.
JohnWho Wrote:Awful lot of racist comments in the comment section of that link.

JW, I went back there and did a quick look, but did not see any. All I saw were two mentions of the Ghetto. Here is one.

Quote:you can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of the girl - Acting more like a 2yr old than an adult. One thing is for sure at least, the women in tennis really do know how not to act, winning or losing.

AND

I saw that match, I can honestly say I'm incredibly disappointed in Serena, verbal abuse to official is unsporting behaviour, threatening to shove a ball down the lineswoman throat is just plain rude.
Serena, honey, this is not the ghetto, its the US Open, act accordingly, whatever the up and coming female tennis players are going to think seeing such behaviour.

Am I looking at the wrong place?

Anyway, I think she should be suspended for the remainder of the year, and given a huge fine. Just my opinion.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I and the commentors are making the assumption they share the degenerate culture I call "popular black culture" because she just acted out a Grammy role doing it. That is SOP in the youth black community,it's chic to act that way. Fact is Richard Williams has money,ghetto is their misunderstanding most likely.

I've had black guys at work "pull the black card" of fellow black guys because they wore a cowboy hat or drove a pickup truck,there is a powerful almost overwhelming push for uniformity of thinking and mostly it's puke.

It is not older blacks,it is black youth culture moreso. Black folks say 40 and more don't share this shit,they hate it,but,they do not want to hear white people berating it,it's OK for Bill Cosby to though.

Also,my experience with black folks is big city blacks are more like this(with obvious good exceptions),those who wear a cowboy hat or drive a pickup are more small town guys like me. The guy at work that pulled my buddies black card was from Memphis. Thought only racist white folks were allowed to drive a pickup.

BTW,in fairness specifically to Ms Williams,this is uncharacteristic conduct for her. It is SOP among her friends,believe that. "Talk to the hand"!

I'm just being honest John. Black folks agree with this privately. They hate what's happened to their culture. As.s crack showing,speaking some kind of foreign tongue,hating education,etc. I see young whites acting like disrespectful jerks a lot as well,we're heading the same direction.
I don't care who does it, it's still uncalled for, and should be punished. If it is not, it will amount to condoning it. That is why there is such a thing as punishment.

As the late Robert E Lee once stated, "Discipline is that attribute, which makes punishment unnecessary."

Retiree Clijsters saw off both William sisters, that's good, innit?
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
Quad,

No. We here would have supported Williams to win(I think) simply because she is an American. Acting like this,I prefer she lost if it was to a Mongolian horse though. I prefer virtue over nationalism myself.
Too much time hanging out with football players? She is part owner of the Miami Dolphins, after all.
I'll tell you where she's hanging out, and it isn't the Miami Dolphins.

[Image: serena-williams.jpg]

It's called Steatopygia(
), which is a trait common among Hottentot, Bushman, and a few other South African tribes.

[Image: Steatopygia.jpg]

You knew this link was coming:

S2
[Image: serena-williams.jpg]

That's no fat. That's a highly trained, fat free gluteus maximus. What a shame bodies like this are a rarity.
You've got to be kidding me! That's a case of Steatopygia, which is common among certain South African tribes, and mixed in the gene poll here in the US, and other places in the New World.

When she retires from the game, let's just see how much she blossums out, ok? I guarantee you she won't look anything like this young lady, a Nuer, from northeastern Africa, where those traits are not to be found.

[Image: cattlegirl.jpg]

It's a genetic trait. And not a very attractive one, at that, IMO.
Geez, Federer lost in the final. Didn't know that was possible.
quadrat Wrote:Geez, Federer lost in the final. Didn't know that was possible.

Thanks for the info, otherwise I would never have known. I find tennis, especially professional tennis, about as exciting as watching golf, or watching grass grow.

But thanks anyway. Wink1

I find most sports fun to play and boring as whale crap to watch.
Even the sports that are usually fun to watch because of the action get tedious when the announcers intrude, comparing every play to their golf games.

I think the most popular games to watch are football, soccer, basketball, and hockey. Baseball is missing because you have to be a baseball nerd to keep your interest going through all the standing around. I can do that from years of playing and coaching - but even my kids tune out after a few minutes - and they all played.

The other sport most maligned is soccer - but it is the most action-filled of any sport. There is no question worldwide - but in the U.S., the number of broadcast announcers who are clueless, and a minority of non-fans who don't recognize the athleticism and action constantly carp on what they don't know. Most of us who have played and coached all these sports recognize its worth, and just tolerate those who are clueless. We enjoy all the sports and normally prefer whatever is the best matchup.

That's why college rivalries are so great. No matter how bad one team may be - in a traditional rivalry game there are always upsets.