Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roller skate babies

A very cute yet slightly freaky commercial. I laughed at it a little bit. S1

(Minor title edit to correct typo - JW)
Quote: “A society that puts equality… ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality or freedom…a society that puts freedom first will, as a happy by-product, end up with both greater freedom and greater equality.” --Milton Friedman
relax. it's only the internet!
If drinking Evian is going to make one such a great skater, then I'm buying.

Well, except if one has to wear diapers, I might not want to drink it so much.

:lol:
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
That is disgusting. What kind of mind would buy Evian after such a phony ad?
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
How is it disgusting?

and I wouldn't buy Evian anyway... too expensive and overrated.
Quote: “A society that puts equality… ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality or freedom…a society that puts freedom first will, as a happy by-product, end up with both greater freedom and greater equality.” --Milton Friedman
relax. it's only the internet!
Disgusting is in the mind of the beholder. E.g. the soporific nauseatingly sweet looks of babies in pampers doing inanely impossible tricks that are clearly phony. 10 seconds might be enough.

If you don't see it that way, fine. It matters not a bit. Presumably the Evian honchos did testing to see how the public would respond. On which TV shows did the commercial run?

Maybe this gives us an insight into the mentality of Evian customers.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
Evian is naive backward. Cool video though.
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.