Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Write your Replies/Posts with Fredledingue's BBCode Editor
I'v been test-using it for one month already. 8)

Dingue_BBCode_Editor.0.2 (direct download) Off line forum message editor - BBCode Editor: Size: 18 Kb

-Extra large input box
-Real time preview (updated every 2 seconds)
-Error highlighting
-Shows message lenght
-Undo/Redo until 40 steps
-Auto insert links from clipboard
-Auto insert default text into url tag
-Auto paste clipboard in quote or code
-Auto back up to temporary file
-Save to message history
-Save to separate file
-Copy to clipboard
-Works offline (no internet connection needed)
You need to explain it further Fred.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Interesting.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
When writing a forum response that will take some time to generate, I just write it in BBEdit, then copy/paste to the forum. Save it first to an archive for future reference.
JohnL,

Dingue BBCode Editor is an HTA application (HTML + VBScript) written by myself and hosted on my own website. It's free for non-commercial use and open source.

I had been testing similar programs like BBedit, and while they were fine, I wanted a few more features. So wrote my own (HTA is relatively easy + it suits perfectly this purpose).

The main things I enjoy with my app are
-the very large input box (hey, maybe too large!)
-auto-save (what you type is backed up in case of crash or anything)
-archivage (saving in another process to an archive file)
-instant preview
-error highlighting (whe there is an error in the BBcode you are typing, it will be shown in red in the preview)
-intelligent clipboard management (e.g. automaticaly insert url from the clipboard inside url tag - read readme files for more details)
-Undo/Redo

etc

To install, extract to your "documents" folder or one of its subfolder or in "Public".
There is no installation requiered. Just double click on "BBCode_editor.hta" to start.

HTH
New version:
-Fixed "color" and "size" drop down boxes: default returns to the top.
-Slightly reduced the size of the input box to 25 lines

(same link as at the top of this thread)