Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tension at 1600 Penn Ave
OK, so its going to Clinton at State BIG JOB, and Richardson at Commerce, NOT AS BIG JOB.
After Richardson did his disloyal Judas act endorsing Obama so early when Richardson owes his career to the Clinton's, won't this be kinda STRESSFUL?
They're both adults and both know what the deal is. I like both choices myself,along with James Jones as NSA and the treasury guy(forgot his name). So far,I am thrilled with Mr. President elect,Obama.
Has Clinton actually agreed? The last I heard she was looking at the Senate seat as better than SecState. Under Obama she would have to be a masochist to run State.

Since Obama has so little experience, and his only personal associates are either machine pols or embarrassments, who else can he select except people he met during the campaign in front of the cameras - or holdovers from Clinton or Carter?
Palladin Wrote:They're both adults and both know what the deal is. I like both choices myself,along with James Jones as NSA and the treasury guy(forgot his name). So far,I am thrilled with Mr. President elect,Obama.

Rubin, or Summers?

As for the Beast, I suspect she is more interested in the Supreme Court, than anything else, other than president.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

The Secretary of State is fourth in the line of presidential succession, after the Vice President, Speaker of the House, and President Pro Tempore of the Senate. It would really be remarkable if four people simultaneously went the way of Vince Foster, wouldn't it? Or terrorists could hit Washington. Or to borrow from a Tom Clancy novel, an airliner loaded with explosives could be kamikazied into the Capitol Building during a State of the Union Address. There is still hope for Hilary to become presdident!
if getting HRC into the White House means nuking Washington, I am ALL for it!!!
ghoullio Wrote:if getting HRC into the White House means nuking Washington, I am ALL for it!!!

Same here. :mrgreen:

Now, is that Before, or After Washington gets nuked?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

What the hell is with this all-of-a-sudden happiness at the prospect of another Clinton in the White House?

You guys get hit by buses or something lately? Too much MSM?
Gunnen4u Wrote:What the hell is with this all-of-a-sudden happiness at the prospect of another Clinton in the White House?

You guys get hit by buses or something lately? Too much MSM?

Shut up and drink your Kool-Aide. [Image: koolaid.gif]
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
we are joking, gunner. with HRC in theWhite House, Washington gets nuked. like, all our problems are over forever and you get to hunt hippies wth no bag limit...
Obama gambles on Hillary Clinton
Quote:But the main question is whether Mrs Clinton can subordinate not just her opinions but also her political ambitions to making the Obama administration a success. That must be in doubt. Her husband’s financial entanglements and irrepressible flair for scandal are further potential pitfalls. In weighing all this and choosing her regardless, Mr Obama has taken quite a risk – one that, in our view, is difficult to justify.
OMG, even the lefties are worried.

Will WJC be kept at home by a NY senate appointment? Now why would he give up his lucrative new career for that? Schumer might tell him to bend over.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
Obama seems to be following Sun-tzu advice-
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
Ron Lambert Wrote:The Secretary of State is fourth in the line of presidential succession, after the Vice President, Speaker of the House, and President Pro Tempore of the Senate. It would really be remarkable if four people simultaneously went the way of Vince Foster, wouldn't it? Or terrorists could hit Washington. Or to borrow from a Tom Clancy novel, an airliner loaded with explosives could be kamikazied into the Capitol Building during a State of the Union Address. There is still hope for Hilary to become presdident!

You know when I learned about this line of succession in school I immediately had this thought. I mean really if you wanted to cripple American leadership this is the way. Take them all out at once.

If you want to cripple America take out infrastructure, in particular electricity.
"And down through the centuries the robes have never failed to keep the public at a respectful distance, inspire a decent awe for the professions, and impart an air of solemnity and mystery that has been as good as money in the bank. The four faculties of theology, philosophy, medicine, and law have been the perennial seedbeds, not only of professional wisdom, but of the quackery and venality so generously exposed to public view by Plato, Rabelais, Molière, Swift, Gibbon, A. E. Housman, H. L. Mencken, and others. What took place in the Greco-Roman as in the Christian world was that fatal shift from leadership to management that marks the decline and fall of civilizations." - taken from a speech by Hugh Nibley
actually, if you want to cripple America, elect a Democrat.
Well put, ghullio. And TheMan, as for taking out the infrastructure, focusing on electricity--please let me know before hand when it's about to happen, so I can invest in Duracell. Or maybe Gillette, which purchased Duracell, Inc. in 1996.
Ron Lambert Wrote:Well put, ghullio. And TheMan, as for taking out the infrastructure, focusing on electricity--please let me know before hand when it's about to happen, so I can invest in Duracell. Or maybe Gillette, which purchased Duracell, Inc. in 1996.

Perhaps an investment in Honda since they make generators.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
Ron Lambert Wrote:Well put, ghullio. And TheMan, as for taking out the infrastructure, focusing on electricity--please let me know before hand when it's about to happen, so I can invest in Duracell. Or maybe Gillette, which purchased Duracell, Inc. in 1996.

A better infrastructure to take out is computer chips. It is reported that you can take nearly all of them out, in the USA with a nuke 300 miles up somewhere over the midwest. The electromagnetic pulse generated by it will fry nearly every chip in the US. If the chips are disabled, practically nothing will work, your car, the electric grid, your cell phone, etc. since these are now all chip controlled.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
jt Wrote:

A better infrastructure to take out is computer chips. It is reported that you can take nearly all of them out, in the USA with a nuke 300 miles up somewhere over the midwest. The electromagnetic pulse generated by it will fry nearly every chip in the US. If the chips are disabled, practically nothing will work, your car, the electric grid, your cell phone, etc. since these are now all chip controlled.

There is a B-movie that shows how dire a power outage of a few days would be to a a region like southern california. Not pretty. Certainly more devastating than losing those knuckleheads in washington.
"And down through the centuries the robes have never failed to keep the public at a respectful distance, inspire a decent awe for the professions, and impart an air of solemnity and mystery that has been as good as money in the bank. The four faculties of theology, philosophy, medicine, and law have been the perennial seedbeds, not only of professional wisdom, but of the quackery and venality so generously exposed to public view by Plato, Rabelais, Molière, Swift, Gibbon, A. E. Housman, H. L. Mencken, and others. What took place in the Greco-Roman as in the Christian world was that fatal shift from leadership to management that marks the decline and fall of civilizations." - taken from a speech by Hugh Nibley
We did have a power outage that affected the midwest for several days, a few years back. It was difficult negotiating intersections of major roads with the traffic lights out. But we survived.
Ron Lambert Wrote:We did have a power outage that affected the midwest for several days, a few years back. It was difficult negotiating intersections of major roads with the traffic lights out. But we survived.

Yeah that was the midwest though. Look at their response to major flooding compared to New Orleans. There are cultural differences between the mid west and say LA.