Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywood going political?
Reuters says Hollywood is overly political - in a balanced and fair sort of way.

I think most honest people would notice the unsuccessful anti-war, pro-liberal movies that continue to be made in the face of losing money, yet the many successful pro-America films are shunned by the studios.
"Reuters says Hollywood is overly political - in a balanced and fair sort of way."

What?

Is FOX taking over Hollywood?

S1
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
to be quite honest, while I love some of those Hollywood movies, I'm not sure that I would trust them to have an valid political message at all.

Entertainment and politics aren't just supposed to mix at all.
Two of my favorite webcomics have come out for obama in the past week... I *really* wish people would keep politics out of their comics (well, their art in general but that's asking too much...)

Sometimes it's an unavoidable part of the plot, but when it's a random "Vote obama!" that's just really freaking annoying.
WmLambert Wrote:Reuters says Hollywood is overly political - in a balanced and fair sort of way.

I think most honest people would notice the unsuccessful anti-war, pro-liberal movies that continue to be made in the face of losing money, yet the many successful pro-America films are shunned by the studios.

Nothing short of a 2x4 over the head or a good mugging will wake these people up. They must consider themselves "unbiased" to feel good about themselves. Sad.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
(10-06-2008, 06:00 PM)jt Wrote:
WmLambert Wrote:Reuters says Hollywood is overly political - in a balanced and fair sort of way.

Nothing short of a 2x4 over the head or a good mugging will wake these people up.  They must consider themselves "unbiased" to feel good about themselves.  Sad.

Back when this thread was started I would tend to agree about the 2x4 part. But not any longer. I don't believe anything will wake them up short of complete ostracision. And yes, even the Greek version of ten year Hollywood exile might wake them up. Nothing but a good mugging with reality will work.

And I am doing my part. I no longer watch movies, or entertainment television for that matter, because I can't stand watching these idiots pretending to be someone other than what they really are. They play average people, when they are nothing but intellectual children, and morons. I'm through with them forever, and will never give them any more of my money.

Fucking Idiots! Gah

Yes We Can: People Share Their Most Memorable Moments from the Obama Presidency

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz