Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Political Cartoons
Mcabromb E-mailed me and requested the addition of a seperate thread dedicated to international cartoons, since we have a fair number of foreigners, who would like to contribute to the political discourse from a more than US point of view.

So, here is the thread for including other countries into the mix. A word of caution. If they are in a foreign language, please ensure that they are civil and do not contain offensive or profanity that would otherwise not be allowed. In other words, please keep things civil.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

So... in that vein I better kick this off. Here are a few classics from Plantu in France's flagship, Le Monde. http://www.plantu.net/

[Image: dessin.jpg]

[Image: le_monde_musharraf_cartoon.jpg]

[Image: lemondeqaddafi_400x230shkl.jpg]

[Image: umahomet%2Bmapm_web.jpg]
“You know, I’ve spent my entire life time separating the Right from the kooks.” - William Buckley
[Image: Peter_Brookes_Carto_347886a.jpg]
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
[Image: PeterBrookes385_357215a.jpg]
“You know, I’ve spent my entire life time separating the Right from the kooks.” - William Buckley
[Image: 512x384Cartoonoil.jpg]
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
They all is this vein?
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government
Edward Abbey
[Image: eagle_1721.png]
[Image: Bellbig02072008.jpg]
Yep.
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government
Edward Abbey
[Image: eagle_1721.png]
[Image: tr080705.gif]
[Image: booth.jpg]
Monsieur Le Tonk Wrote:[Image: 512x384Cartoonoil.jpg]

Who is this person supposed to be?
Monsieur Le Tonk Wrote:[Image: Bellbig02072008.jpg]

This happening now in europe?

The home of the "100 years" war and the "30 years" war and only a dozen more religious wars europe has blessed her soils with.Some of it so red it is hard to tell if it is rust or blood.

Meanwhile America never had a religious war in north america.It has been none for about 175 years before america was founded.That makes it about 400 years all totalled.

Shall I bring up those world wars?

Wink1
[Image: D2908WW10.jpg]
[Image: 2808WW0.jpg]
[Image: tr080717.gif]
Monsieur Le Tonk Wrote:[Image: 2808WW0.jpg]

Actually it is the democrats and the environmentalists.Who are being the morons over trace greenhouse gases.The rest of the country are not going to beat the AGW drum to other nations.

India and China are doing the obvious to expand the economy and raise the standard of living in the process.

The KNOW that the AGW hypothesis is absurd and will ignore it and go on.
sunsettommy Wrote:The home of the "100 years" war and the "30 years" war and only a dozen more religious wars europe has blessed her soils with.Some of it so red it is hard to tell if it is rust or blood.

Meanwhile America never had a religious war in north america.It has been none for about 175 years before america was founded.That makes it about 400 years all totalled.

Shall I bring up those world wars?

Wink1
Tommy oddity, you know what you're talking about? What religions fought the 100 years war? You colonials are 400 years behind us, it's that simple. You had to learn how to hide the conquest of territory, resources, and profits behind the veneer of the struggle of cultures and religions, and finally, with the War of Terror and Iraq, you understood. Meanwhile, we moved on. I don't expect you to understand before the year 2,400. Wink1
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
Quote:You had to learn how to hide the conquest of territory, resources, and profits behind the veneer of the struggle of cultures and religions

Amen.
Q, in a RARE fit of insight, Wrote:You had to learn how to hide the conquest of territory, resources, and profits behind the veneer of the struggle of cultures and religions

Collectivism, Environmentalism/AGW, and Urban Atheism also come readily to mind as well.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Actually the cartoon in question is about schism in the Anglican Communion, with the more conservative members of the Synod opposed to the ordination of homosexuals, whence the pun on faggots; they have no intent in burning the Archbishop of Canterbury, though some might relish the idea.

Back on topic.......

[Image: rowson620.jpg]